mushrooms

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
farley marley View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote farley marley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: mushrooms
    Posted: 16 September 2010 at 12:46
hi
i no this is a marijuana forum but i dont no were else to go
dose anybody no anything about magic mushrooms
there is loads of differant types of mushrooms growing in the filed behind my house but i dont want to take them because im not to sure
ill put sum pics up when ever i find my camera
but if anyone can give me any info at all or any websites that would be brill
o ya ill put some pictures of my monster plants up to
Proteus View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Proteus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 13:31
The only 100% certain way to id a mushroom is a gill/spore test. Try typing "mushroom spore test" into google. There was a news story today about a woman that ate 2 deathcaps.... and didnt die. A half cap is supposed to be enough to kill. She did turn yellow tho :)
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 14:05
That'll be a destroyed liver making her yellow. It may recover (the liver is an amazing organ), or she may not be long for this world...

The liberty cap psylocibe mushrooms that are most common in Eire/UK are usually quite easy to spot because they're so small. Most poisonous wild mushrooms which get eaten by mistake are quite similar in size and appearance to regular button mushrooms.

There are other indicators, such as stems which bruise blue when picked, but never experiment with unknown mushrooms. If you can't find an experienced magic mushroom picker to help you, there should be good images/guides online to help you ID unknown mushrooms (though, in terms of safety, online guides are still probably not enough by themselves).

Remember that the magic mushrooms found in other countries look very different from liberty caps.

Proteus - how does a spore test work?
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Proteus View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Proteus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 16:25
From memory you get the mushroom and cut the stalk off so its just a cap and then you put it on a white bit of paper and put 1 drip of water on it, gills down over night and cover it with something. You can id by colours. Some mushrooms need other colours papers but i beleive magics are light blue. Dont take my word for that tho :) I think you still need a fairly experienced eye to tell.

There are all kinds of rumours about magic mushrooms i have heard, including that they disappear in the day time. I deffo think its still too early cause i know that misty nights can be rewarding, but if what ever is in farleys field is there at 3pm its prolly not psylocibe.
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote farley marley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 17:06
well the head is yellow - light brown (tan) and shiny kind of sticky about 2 - 5 cm wide and hemisphere shape, the gills have a hint of purple but mostly grayish brown and very close together and very smooth, the staks about 4 - 6 inches tall and 1 - 2 mm wide and also shiny and sticky. I did a spore test on white paper and it kame out purpley brown. I found them growing in a south east faceing slope , in tall messy grass with old cow shit all over the place they seemed to be growing in the paches with shorter grass
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 17:34
in my experience, liberty caps are 1-2in/2-5cmtall. Usually about 3cm.

Cap is usually about 1-2cm across, and quite long and pointy, rather than flat and round.

They're so small that people who use them often assume 50-100 mushrooms to be a the equivalent of 1 gram of dried mushroom.

You might have a larger local species, but the mushroom you describe does not sound like a liberty cap, which I think is the one to be looking for.

Still, unless you can compare this mushroom to a good, hi-res shot of a real psylocibe from the internet, there's no way to make a positive ID.

I wouldn't risk it unless you can get a local (well-infomred) mushroom-lover to ID them.
Proteus View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Proteus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 18:09
Take a picture of it. And absolutly dont eat it . Liberty caps look unique but "yellow brown" is generally not good.

Hmm seems like they can come in many colours. Only ones i have seen were very pale.
420sinsemilla View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote 420sinsemilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 19:32
i already ate semilanceata last weekend and it was soft trip. Good trip. It wasn,t so heavy mindfeck like usually with Ecuador of mexican shrooms. They were saving themselves from the field. 
Sativa: Time flies.
Indica: Time stops.
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote farley marley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 22:34
yes i dont think they are liberty caps altho they are the same coulor and the gills are the same the shape and sise is the only differance
is there any way to tell if i can eat them and not die or get sick
ill put sum pics up soon i just have to find my camera first
ill also put some pics of my plants up aswell they are doing very very well only about two weeks left now
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote farley marley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 22:37
i found some pics on the internet these are the same as my ones
there called Stropharia semiglobata

alkoholics View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alkoholics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 23:28
I have picked liberty caps many times and those are not them, heres a test, when those mushrooms are wet put a cap between your 2 thumbs and index fingers and split the cap from gils to top slowly if there is a lair of slim on the cap like you would see trailing behind a slug you have something poisoness not always in a bad way. those pics almost look like deer mushrooms. good luck and dont eat them if your not sure.
smoke or be smoked
cant always see through my cloud of smoke
Alibaba View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Alibaba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2010 at 02:14
Originally posted by Ganja

That'll be a destroyed liver making her yellow. It may recover (the liver is an amazing organ), or she may not be long for this world...

The liberty cap psylocibe mushrooms that are most common in Eire/UK are usually quite easy to spot because they're so small. Most poisonous wild mushrooms which get eaten by mistake are quite similar in size and appearance to regular button mushrooms.

There are other indicators, such as stems which bruise blue when picked, but never experiment with unknown mushrooms. If you can't find an experienced magic mushroom picker to help you, there should be good images/guides online to help you ID unknown mushrooms (though, in terms of safety, online guides are still probably not enough by themselves).

Remember that the magic mushrooms found in other countries look very different from liberty caps.

Proteus - how does a spore test work?

This post is very true. I, in my past, had a a bit of a reputation about mushrooms. I've taught a lot of people what to look for, i've sat with quite a few freak outs first timers, freaked out first time too, done a fair bit of it. It's the season now. Just look up liberty cap, remeber in the morning hey're more brown than yellow, the dry up and brighten during the day, oce you've found one you'll find loads. When you know waht to look for they are very distinctive. It just takes some parctice, but:

You spend hours walking over grassland looking
for those very little fungi that give you such a fu ck ing (swear filter, I know)
they're small and yellow with a distinctive nipple
and when they're brewed up they're my favourite tipple
(and on and on etc etc)
lots and lots of pot head pixies riding round in teapot taxis
Alibaba View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Alibaba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2010 at 02:18
People talk a lot of crap about mushrooms. Go with picking with someone who knows.

If you read a mushroom book though, you will find that the poisonous ones don't really look like liberty caps. So you don't need to worry that much, you just won't trip.

Anyone had  a crack at a fly agaric?
lots and lots of pot head pixies riding round in teapot taxis
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2010 at 11:01
Almost, but I thought better of it at the last minute. The people who picked them were far from experts. Apparently there's a very similar-looking agaric (maybe a paler orange, rather than red) which is not fun and rather poisonous.

Could have been a rumour, but I erred on the side of caution.

Also, the active ingredient of amanita muscaria/fly agaric is bufotenine, which sounds much less fun than psylocibin. More drunk and delirious (toxified) than simply tripping. 
Proteus View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Proteus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2010 at 11:15
Fly agaric is unpredictable. And tbh its got a big red "dont eat me" sign on it. I think there is a poisonous mushroom that is the spitting image of liberty cap but it is a little darker and with less of a nipple. The worst it will do tho is give a really bad stomach for a while.

Google images has fly agarics in orange and yellow.

Edit: well i just spent an interesting half our walking around my back garden. I didnt find any liberty caps :) or infact any shrooms at all apart from 2 beat up little things. I did find an apple tree that i didnt know was there, its looks suspiciously like its dropping cox's aswell. Maybe it is bs, but im sure liberty caps dissapear back underground during the day  and re emerge for a few hours when conditions are right. Im certain there is still too much bright warm sun for them here atm.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>