Help from Cannabis community needed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Doc-U-Maker View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Doc-U-Maker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help from Cannabis community needed
    Posted: 30 July 2010 at 19:16

My name is Bart and I’m part of a small team making a new observational documentary about Cannabis for BBC3 in the UK.

We are very keen to talk to a wide range of young people who use the drug and are passionate about it. Whether you smoke it for medicinal reasons or just for fun and relaxation, I’d be keen to hear from you. I’m also looking to speak to home growers or even guerrilla growers who grow small amounts to provide themselves and friends with a supply so they can cut out the dealers.

Our film will explore what it’s like to be a young cannabis user in Britain today. We want to show the truth, and not the usual stereotypes that other parts of the media often portray. Hopefully with the help of genuine users, growers, and other young people who smoke cannabis recreationally we can reflect more accurately what the ups and, admittedly in some cases, the possible downs of using cannabis can be like.

I can assure you this film will be intelligent and thoughtful. We want to give young cannabis users the chance to have their thoughts and feelings expressed in a fair and balanced way. I’m also aware that when it comes to filming some people might prefer to remain anonymous, which is certainly something we’d be happy to consider given the legal situation with growing and using cannabis in Britain today.

We will be filming later in the year. Right now I’m very keen to hear from anyone who wants to know more about the documentary and is happy to share their personal experiences with me. Let me stress, however, that having a chat does not mean you have to take part in the actual programme.

Feel free to PM me here, email at bart.corpe@bbc.co.uk or call my direct line 0117 9746861

Thanks

munzy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote munzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2010 at 09:43

raving

ANDWHAT
Bowen View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Bowen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2010 at 13:36
Any cash incentives?
Things are looking up.........grind through it and you'll get there :)
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Doc-U-Maker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2010 at 15:01
Hey Bowen,

Thanks for touching in.

Normally with my docs I don't pay people. I think its good when people want to tell their side of the story rather than for money. Plus we don't have the biggest of budgets!!

Sorry!

Bart
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2010 at 15:27
Have you made any other documentaries we might have heard of?
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Doc-U-Maker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2010 at 17:55
I made one about John Lewis, the department store, and worked on the sport relief million pound bike ride. All very rock and roll!
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2010 at 17:58
Okay, saw the bike ride one. Miranda Hart and other comedians freezing in the Highlands? Or was that Comedy Relief? It was an interesting film in any case.

Are you going to be visiting Amsterdam for filming?
coverking View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote coverking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2010 at 20:20
stay incognito thats what i say! i dont need to be on telly... id rather be getting high lol%3cot%20smoki%3cg,,,,CK
Growing Weed is like a Game of Chess! You must think before you move!
coverking View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote coverking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2010 at 20:28
if people thoght about it like alcohol it would be ok. to go out get steaming drunk! smash a phone box hit your best mate and puke on your nans dining room floor for sunday lunch! the government say booze is going up .........Wow how about legalize marijuana and everyone can chill or  be exempt from pain that marijuana can treat. they could even tax it make some money! theres one for you Cameron you number crunching private school gimp! you would be impressed by the proffit margine i bet lol  stick that in the documentry i feal strongly on pathetic uk laws of a plant not a drug. a drug is a chemical not a plant that grows from seed with no mixing  compounds involved.%3cot%20smoki%3cg,,,,,CK
Rastakolnikov View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Rastakolnikov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2010 at 01:24
just to be pedantic, a drug is any substance that alters normal bodily function when consumed.

But yeah, uk cannabis laws are foolish, same as most of the world
Champagne for my real friends.
Real pain for my sham friends.
Proteus View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Proteus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2010 at 01:58
Originally posted by Doc-U-Maker

Our film will explore what it’s like to be a young cannabis user in Britain today. We want to show the truth, and not the usual stereotypes that other parts of the media often portray.

Whats young? I bet there arnt that many young growers tbh, not the kind of grower that just wants an endless supply of percy. I suspect most young people are the ones getting poisoned by soap and contaminated skunk. Thats what britains current laws are doing (lol does soap even exist anymore?) CH4s drug docu was on the other day, and there is some kid curled up in a ball on the floor after snorting plant food (wtf, legals highs), and i thought... here again, the drug laws are failing to protect kids. Who in their right mind is gonna snort plant food if they could buy an 1/8th of clean top quility weed on a licienced premeses.

I was thinking this aswell. When you stand in court, cause pc plod caught you with a pocket full of mixed herbs, they make you swear on the bible.

Genesis 1:11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed

Strange isnt it. I started to think.... if me smoking my own is a crime, who is my victim? I was trying to understand why its a crime, but i started thinking of larger more difficult  questions, like.. does the state own the plant, that they have the right to destroy it where ever it grows? i mean didnt god give this stuff to all of us? What about the individual? Does the state own me, do they have the right to say you cant grow this plant? How can our government sit there and take tax revenue from tobacco, the real killer weed, and condemn cannabis. When you think about it, somebody actually losing their freedom cause they grew a plant or smoked a bit of herb, is an outrage of titanic proportions and i personally view it in the same light as locking somebody up for holding the wrong political view.

Put that in your program. %3cmile%3ceed%20leaf
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2010 at 09:33
Not that the bible is a particularly useful method for legitimising anything, IMHO, but:

Genesis 1:29 Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food.

As As Bill Hicks put it: "Well, whut ah think God meant  to say wuz..."
Proteus View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Proteus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2010 at 11:12
Yeah that was the quote i was after. %3clown I looked on google but couldnt find it.
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2010 at 12:36
It's a bizarre situation when christian values (such as the idea that getting high/enjoying oneself is sinful) affect the very laws we live under but, at the same time, christians are often perfectly okay second-guessing or overruling their almighty, omnipotent, infallible deity, even when he's being as unambiguous as in the quote above.

I mean, all creationists/intelligent design muppets should be powerfully in favour of full legalisation. If everything was designed by god for a purpose, what about the fact that cannabis is perfectly 'designed' for every aspect of humans? Food, textiles, paper, fuel, medicine and recreation? God even made it incredibly easy to grow!

Those scumbags who protest outside family planning centres should start picketing the DEA!
coverking View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote coverking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2010 at 16:31
hear! Hear well said
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>