Indoor Sativa

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Marko420 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Marko420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Indoor Sativa
    Posted: 16 July 2010 at 16:34
I would love to grow a sativa SOG. Grow room is 4' deep x 6' wide x 8' tall with maximum plant height of approx. 4.5'. I'm not concerned with yield, I want connoisseur grade sativa. Is a connoisseur-sativa SOG possible?

Thanks
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2010 at 17:02
Sure. It would require the normal prep of growing mother plants from seed, testing clones for the most suitable phenos, then doing a SOG grow from multiple clones of the same plant, but since you have a good bit of height to allow a Sativa strain to follow its natural impulse, this would certainly be possible. Might be a bit more of a mini forest than a knee-high sea, though...

Many Sativa-heavy hybrids do most of their growing in an upward direction, rather than producing strong branching that takes up lateral space. This means they can be gown close together with minimal pruning of branches. The branches that are produced will often point upwards at a sharp angle anyway. 

If you're not 100% sure how much height the clones will gain, don't grow them bigger than about 30cm for the first run, as Sativas can produce amazing growth spurts when flowered.

Suitable strains would be:
Jack Herer
Mother's Finest
Jack Flash
Marley's Collie
NL#5 x Haze (keep the clones small!)
Silver Haze
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
 Post Reply Post Reply