Lights

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
cooterhairy View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote cooterhairy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lights
    Posted: 09 July 2010 at 07:40
I recently acquired some plants from a friend, but Im really not sure I have the right kind of lights.. What type of light would be perfect for the flowering stage of 4 plants medium size plants that are already in the flowering process?
Destro Pesante View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Destro Pesante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2010 at 12:48
You will need at least a 400 watt hps to get a good yield imho, maybe a 250 would just do. Let's see what the other here say.
Remember flowering plants need a strict 12 / 12 (12 hours of light and 12 hours of total darkness) regime. 

Good luck!
Cheers,
S.
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2010 at 16:41
It will depend on what exactly you mean by 'medium size' plants. For flowering, you will need at least 400w HPS for each square metre of floor space used... for plants taller than 1 metre you would be better off with 600w per square metre for better light penetration through the canopy.

Have a look at farmer mick's closet set up guide... Click here for all the details
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
alkoholics View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alkoholics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2010 at 02:47
For just 4 plants a 250hps will be fine, but if a bigger yield is what you want then go 400 or 600, i  use a 250hps for 4-6 plants and usualy average 1-1.3oz per plant dry weight, it all depends on your conditions and space too so keep that in mind, the bigger the light the more heat output with that you will need better exaust fans and bigger spaces.

Good Luck
Alko
smoke or be smoked
cant always see through my cloud of smoke
 Post Reply Post Reply