Question?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
oscarsmith View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote oscarsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question?
    Posted: 08 July 2010 at 21:48
Hi all,

Quick question for you experts, any advice would be great.

I know all plants may differ, but in general - how long should i veg my plants for before switching them into the flowering cycle?

Just so you know, my grow space is a DR80 and i've currently got 5 'Vanilla Kush' plants that are 15 days old.

Like i say, there are probably many variables - i just want to know how to get the best from my plants, best yield etc.

Thanks in advance.

Oscar.
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2010 at 12:03
Without knowing the Sativa content/stretch potential of your plants, it's hard to estimate how much height they'll gain in flowering.

A good rule of thumb is to grow them to 30-50% of the height you'd want them to be at harvest, then switch to 12/12.

Nearly all plants will at least double in size during flowering. Sativa-dom strains can add 200%, 300% or more to their vegetated height during flowering.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
snoopy85 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote snoopy85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2010 at 01:51
source http://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/barneys-farm-vanilla-kush/prod_1362.html

barneys farm vanilla kush is CANNABIS CUP WINNER 2009!!   Vanilla Kush is an incredible new Indica-dominant strain and is one of the most fragrant, full-flavoured and potent plants that Barneys Farm have ever offered. Vanilla Kush genetics come from Kashmir and Afghan.  The intense aromas from large, dense colas –heavily speckled with red and gold trichromes – bring to mind wild vanilla and lavender, accented with lemon and orange peel. Once lit, the floral and herbal aromas become more concentrated and the smoke offers sweet flavours. grows to about 55- 60cm in height indoors and takes her cannabis seeds 60-65 days to flower.  Outdoor harvest time is the end of September.  Her THC is strong of 22%.  The strong, long lasting high allows the mind to relax and eases muscle tension.

I would say at least 21-30 days for a good yield but this depends to on ur grow setup and how tall and how big u want them,,,maybee u can post some pics of the plants and tell us what for results u imagine for ur grow

edit-please don't hotlink to seed companies. sara.
alkoholics View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alkoholics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2010 at 02:40
10-12 inch or 5-7 internodes is fairly ideal in smaller enviroments
smoke or be smoked
cant always see through my cloud of smoke
oscarsmith View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote oscarsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2010 at 09:42
Mornin' all,

Thanks a lot for the reply's so far.

Here is a picture of one of the girls - she is 17 days old.

I will be re-potting them all for the 3rd time for the last time at around 30 days - i'm hoping that this will tie in with my NL's being ready so i can transfer them to the DR80.

Ganja, so if this plant will grow to 60cm - i should veg until they are 20-30cm, then put them into flower??

Thanks again.

Oscar.
 Post Reply Post Reply