storing and curing your buds

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ASDER View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ASDER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: storing and curing your buds
    Posted: 13 June 2010 at 14:06
hi all,  i have a couple of questions - are jamjars suitable for storing your dried buds? ive noticed we have a nice few pasta sauce jars (the large family size ones) in our recycling. ive been using plastic storage containers but is glass is a better storage medium than plastic? .im also in the process of drying my latest grow its been hanging for approx 1 week in my tent with the fan on to circulate the air. im due to go on hols and am wondering wether to leave them hang or cut them and put the buds into containers, although leaving them in jars for 10 - 12 days with no access to being opened for the time im away is concerning me with issues of mold. any reassurances would be greatly welcomed

Asder%3ceed%20leaf%3ceed%20leaf%3ceed%20leaf
Live and Learn!
alkoholics View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alkoholics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2010 at 15:37
Hey Asder long time no see, to sum up your question yes glass containers are better for storing as plastic sometimes may leach out and you may get some off flavor to your smoke but wouldnt worry to much about switching over, as for using pasta jars, i have done this in the past but have noticed that the lids are difficult to get the pasta sause flavor out and your buds get some of that flavor, i guess if you dont mind mushroom flavored or garlic flavored bud then go for it but would say try to get the smell out of the jar and use them its better then them going to the landfill, as for your drying plants i would wait till they have dried out then put them in the jars, if you are going away and dont want moldy bud when you get home.

Good luck
smoke or be smoked
cant always see through my cloud of smoke
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2010 at 11:59
I like glass better than plastic, but it doesn't make a huge difference.

The ones that seem most popular with weed-archivists (and the ones I like best) are the ones with a glass lid, a rubber seal and a wire lever to close them. I think they're often called 'preservation jars' or 'clip seal jars'.

If keeping weed in glass jars, remember that light can also damage weed and reduce its potency, so keep weed-jars in a dark place if you're planning to keep their contents for more than a few weeks.

Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Destro Pesante View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Destro Pesante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2010 at 22:59
I am still trying to find these old fashioned brown glass pharmacy pots. 
If not I will use the ones of Weck (like Ganja), 100% air tide, good looking and dirt cheap. Seems the best solution for storing to me.

Good luck,
S.
 Post Reply Post Reply