flowering times

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sixpiece View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote sixpiece Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: flowering times
    Posted: 27 May 2010 at 18:41

When it says 45-50 days flowering does that mean from the time that you switch to 12/12 or from the time of start of pistillate formation? is this applicable for a vigorous plant with ideal conditions only, how would it deviate is that the reason for say 45-50 days? Are there any other assumptions such as a particular height to start the flowering at, or any other factors to be considered. Are there books that meet your criteria in the sense of being comprehensive enough to the point that if we followed everything on the book this is what we should get? I have several books, some which I purchased from the Sensi site shop and a few others such as Jorge Cervantes, I have a ton of Cannabis Culture magazines, high times magazines, skunk, etc.., I have a Cannabible, Soma's Indoor gardening, Hydroponic Food Production, Plant Physiology, Biology books, Supercharge your Garden, etc.. and a bunch more that I downloaded online such as Organic Chemistry, Plant Cell and Tissue - Advances in Engineering, Integrative Plant Anatomy, books on organic gardening, Handbook of Water and Wastewater Technologies, the golden book of chemistry experiments (gives valuable insight into how to make electrodes for pH, or simply how to make a synthetic form of ammonium nitrate) and a bunch more . I'm wondering about Hindu Kush sensi seeds. thanks

Hindu Kush seeds 45 days ? clarification. :)
munzy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote munzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 22:14
id say you got everything covered with all those books%3c3c3cig%3c3c3c igrew some HK not long ago nice smoke easy to grow decent yeild too mine took 65dys i did harvest one around 50dys i think, but it wasnt quite ready enviroment issues play a big part to. also dont take flowering times as gospel they are a guide, after a couple of grows you know when your bitches are ready%3c3cig%3c3c i count from first signs of flowering not when i switch to 12/12
ANDWHAT
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 22:19
Nice one munzy!Their lovely looking buds.%3chumbs%20Up
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
munzy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote munzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 22:24
cheers alecky, well worth the money
ANDWHAT
icarusfallen View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote icarusfallen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2010 at 04:20
Sixpiece, great question that i've often wondered about with the sensi guidelines. Personally i think the time and weight is a great way to show how a strain will preform when given ideal growing conditions.

The way i read this is a properly vegged plant for several months should show pre-flowers and sex prior to switching lights. so the given time would be from the 12/12 switch give or take a few days.

for someone like me (and i assume most personal growers and many cash croppers) who does not give a full veg period i would expect a minimum ten days for the pre-flower/sex to show before applying the guidelines.

what i have found regardless of strain is a 90 day cycle from a germinated seed touching the soil to harvest is just about spot on.

also, with the sensi strains i have grown in the past i find a longer flowering period (about ten days past when i feel its harvest time) really packs the density of the bud.
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2010 at 16:08
The problem with giving any sort of grow data - height, yield and even flowering time - is that there are never solid numbers.

Height and weight are almost entirely based on the environment and growing techniques the plant experiences - it's pretty much up to the grower.
Flowering time is more fixed, in that even the best possible conditions won't make a plant finish faster. However, it's more open ended when it comes to long flowering times. A plant's readiness is judged by its development rather than the time it's been in flower, and relatively small imperfections in the flowering phase can lead to small increases in flowering time (and large problems often lead to larger increases), since less-than perfect conditions mean that a plant won't develop as much as it should in each 12hrs.

Also, growers have different standards for what they consider ready. Some want the crop in as fast as physically possible and the extra weight or resin that's possible by letting the crop go longer than the given flowering time is not as efficient as being able to run an extra crop or two each year. This is more of a commercial point of view - max weight from available space per year. In good conditions, the stated flowering times for each variety are enough to produce mature, smoke-worthy bud.

Growers who are supplying themselves and don't necessarily need to maximise yearly production can take longer per crop, and my own feeling on this matter is that it's better to give most varieties an extra couple of weeks, to appreciate the extra weight and resin.

Some growers see this as simply not counting the first two weeks of flowering (before first flowers are visible), but it works out the same.

Also, we feel that bud is at its best when about 50-70% of the pistils have turned orange. Some growers prefer closer to 100% colour change (or a majority of resin glands turning amber). If this is your preferred state of readiness, flowering will take longer than the given time.

BTW - Ace buds, Munzy!
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
 Post Reply Post Reply