clones problems;help please

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 06:50
Hey BG, I didn't comment earlier because I had no idea why some of your plants have failed while others flourish... that is, unless the poor looking stems have rotted instead of developing roots.

Originally posted by Salgado

Cutting the leaves by half is also good method. By doing this the clones will spend more of its stored nutrients and energy in root development rather than photosynthesis again. Actually the discoloration in the leaves are exactly that. The cuttings are using its energy in root grow. 

Good technique but not really for that reason. Cutting leaves doesn't change the way a plant will use stored nutrients (you actually remove a large reserve of nutrients when you cut the leaves).

A vascular plant works like a passive water pump. As water is evaporated from the pores on the surface of the leaves, the lower water pressure in the trunk forces water to be sucked into the roots thereby balancing the internal pressure.

A clone has a stem and leaves, but no roots. Thus, we trim back the leaf surface to limit moisture loss inside the stem and leaves whilst waiting for roots to form.   Although, as many growers have shown, leaf trimming isn't actually necessary. Many clone successfully leaving all foliage intact.

Personally, I've had high rates of success with trimmed leaves and I can fit more in a tray without losing all the airspace.

Hopefully your next lot of clones will do better.

sara.

What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
breizh ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote breizh ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 14:23
thanks again! i remembered you said that before in a other topic;sarah;but didnt remember why we can trimmed the leaves.
its like "serum": sometime you must repeat for;the newbie,the stranger;or for memory problems! like me!lol
i will do both,cuase whats you said is logical.
the next will be better!
Rémi Gaillard...take a look !
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote breizh ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 14:26
anyway;i will try to save them.
Salgado View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Salgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 15:23
Originally posted by sarah louise

Originally posted by Salgado

Cutting the leaves by half is also good method. By doing this the clones will spend more of its stored nutrients and energy in root development rather than photosynthesis again. Actually the discoloration in the leaves are exactly that. The cuttings are using its energy in root grow. 
Good technique but not really for that reason. Cutting leaves doesn't change the way a plant will use stored nutrients (you actually remove a large reserve of nutrients when you cut the leaves).A vascular plant works like a passive water pump. As water is evaporated from the pores on the surface of the leaves, the lower water pressure in the trunk forces water to be sucked into the roots thereby balancing the internal pressure.A clone has a stem and leaves, but no roots. Thus, we trim back the leaf surface to limit moisture loss inside the stem and leaves whilst waiting for roots to form.   Although, as many growers have shown, leaf trimming isn't actually necessary. Many clone successfully leaving all foliage intact. Personally, I've had high rates of success with trimmed leaves and I can fit more in a tray without losing all the airspace.Hopefully your next lot of clones will do better.sara.

I saw that on a very informative video in castellano on youtube. All you wrote is logic but the video seems logic too. They do photosynthesis by leaves so less leaves less photosynthesis. Dunno If that vid is a reliable source but seemed logic too. I remember they also spoked about water evaporation like you did.

I personally do clones like you do but a friend of mine doesn't cut any leaves at all and he has success too.
"Every time I plant a seed, he said kill it before it grow, he said kill them before they grow. And so I shot him down..."
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote breizh ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2010 at 11:01
so,news from the newbe iam:

the five plants who look very shocked!
individual:

the others are "connie chung " and snowdawg:

the success clones:

the others plants in the first picture ,with the five unlucky clones; are hooney moon mix.
i will waste my time and money to try to save the clones? i should grow them? they are saved but should i continue ? good smoke!
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2010 at 16:32
Well the successful ones look good. It's up to you whether you continue with the poor ones or not. I they are a different strain from the others, I'd probably try and save them, but if I had others of the strain I would just bin them and put something productive in the space.
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote breizh ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2010 at 13:48
hum. i decided to abbreviate the poor life for two of them.(the trunk get out the soil easily and there is no roots.one is a successful;and decided to save three of them.there is news branch and leaves become good green. thanks. and a good day!
in the midlle there are HOONEY MOON MIX.
redlube_ View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote redlube_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2010 at 23:55
the bubbler link was nice!!  I have been having horrible luck with my cuttings too, for what it's worth an air pump and a tuperware container seems too simple too be true!!  I am building one tonight.
sour diesel View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote sour diesel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2010 at 04:18
you need a flouresent bulbthey cant go under a hps light until at least 14 to 21 days you've fried them
munzy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote munzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2010 at 10:53
bullshit all my cuttings are under hps 800wtt
ANDWHAT
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2010 at 14:13
LOL!.Get off the fence munzy and say what ya mean! 
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2010 at 14:30
I agree with Munzy. 
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
alkoholics View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alkoholics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2010 at 15:38
I hade the same problem a few weeks back, stop watering them, wait till they dry out, your roots have probably locked up and arent intaking anything and just living off the clorophyl in the leafs which is draining energy and stoping new growth, just wait till they are light to pickup, then only spray feed them so they dont get water logged. Good Luck
smoke or be smoked
cant always see through my cloud of smoke
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote breizh ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2010 at 20:39
thanks guys.thanks alkoholics!
good explications!
i repot all the plants with dry soil and watering after. and just spray the poors litlle clones.but the good new is they makes branchs and leaves becomes green and green! its will be more good the next time
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote breizh ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2010 at 21:36
heres some new of the clones war..no clones rescue.:.
two others are in 12/12 time. cheers and happy!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>