my 5 NL girls need doctor!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
cs70 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote cs70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my 5 NL girls need doctor!!!
    Posted: 28 April 2010 at 20:21
hello i need help this is my first try
so i bought 5 femenised seeds from u guys ,5 northern lights seeds ,and i am very happy ,the seeds r awesome ,i will sure just buy from u ,they was growing very fine till  last 2 weeks when  i switch to flowering period.the girls r 73 days old and 33 days in flowering
i grow in biobizz all mix soil,ph 6.8 ec 2.1 thats the measurements i do always when i mix feeding for girls,the problem started with lower fan leaves progressing to upward,yellow edges of the leaves ,the younger leaves in the middle of canopy started to twist like beans ,they get light yellow and fall off
i give them only nutes water mix not pure water.i feed  them every second day 1 liter ,i use hesi starter kit nutes,the 16 liter pots dry out and feels light when i lift them and girls get droopy when thirsty ,i mesure today the runn off from 3 girls ,EC 1.8 PH 7.2,EC 2.0 PH 7.1,AND LAST GIRL WHICH LOOKS THE BEST IS EC2.5 PH 7.0 ,do i have to flush the soil with corect ph and after add nute normally ?the overall growth is slowed down a bit ,i sprayed Epsom salt 1 tsp 1 liter water ,but not  any signs of getting better, i have 600w hps lamp 50 cm above girls ,i had  a small problem before the plants start to smell sweety moldy shitty kind ,the good smell dissapear so i put big fan now that move air around tops all time day night is it ok?and its smell nice again  :)the temp is around tops 27 degrees Celsius and nights 20 degrees ,humidity 35-40%
thx in advance and best regards
Salgado View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Salgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2010 at 00:04
At first sight it seems a nitrogen def but not sure.

Maybe your PH is slightly high and that is locking nutrient absorption. I think this might be it coz your EC seems ok. Your feeding them well.

I'm not sure about what it is causing this coz I'm also unexperienced in these problems and I don't want to give wrong info but you can check this thread:

About nutrient...

Also wait for someone that can confirm what is really happening.

Other than that you have sweet buds mate :)

Sal
"Every time I plant a seed, he said kill it before it grow, he said kill them before they grow. And so I shot him down..."
cs70 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote cs70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2010 at 00:17
Originally posted by Salgado

At first sight it seems a nitrogen def but not sure.

Maybe your PH is slightly high and that is locking nutrient absorption. I think this might be it coz your EC seems ok. Your feeding them well.

I'm not sure about what it is causing this coz I'm also unexperienced in these problems and I don't want to give wrong info but you can check this thread:

About nutrient...

Also wait for someone that can confirm what is really happening.

Other than that you have sweet buds mate :)

Sal
hey thx mate
i also thought it was N deficency ,i will check my soil after tommorow ec and ph level
i think the girls need more nutes 
i mesure a bit of run off today the ec 2.0 ph 7.1
but need to make sure its same ,one girl which is looking best  ec 2.5 ph 7.0
so maybe they underfeed
thx best regards
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2010 at 01:25
Hi cs70, i think your giving your plants too much nutes.My super skunk is around same age as yours but i only feed once a week,and only half wot it says on the bottle,also i dont think you should spray epsom salts on them either.You will probably need to flush the soil with lots of water. But im fairly new to this too,and probably wrong!You will definatly get some answers from the professionals here though.Good luck!
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2010 at 10:18
I don't think it's a very serious problem. The buds themselves are looking very good.

Lower/older leaves that get less light often turn yellow and drop off (especially in flowering, as the upper canopy start to spread and block the light from the lower parts) as they're not supplying enough energy to the plant to be worth supporting.

As for nutrients and pH, you might have a bit of a problem with over-feeding. The greener leaves appear to have slightly burnt tips, which is usually a sign of too much nutrient.

With your pH being too high (pH 6.0 to 6.3 is a better range for soil, IIRC), this may have caused a bit of nutrient lock-out at the same time as the over-feeding. When pH is in the wrong range, this can stop roots from accessing nutrients, even if they're all present. Thus, you can have a situation where plants are burning form too much nutrient, yet still look underfed.

Lowering soil pH is a bit tricky, and even more so when the soil is in pots.

If you have a a way to lower the pH of water, I'd suggest getting your feed water down to about pH 5.7 or so. Also keep the EC around 1.7 to 1.9. This should lower the pH of the soil (temporarily, at least) so roots can absorb the correct levels of nutrient.

The other option would be to simply lower EC, as above, and keep giving it to plants. The current leaf situation shouldn't affect your final harvest too much, unless the yellow spreads all over the plants.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
cs70 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote cs70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2010 at 14:10
hello all thx for help
so i do following
tomorrow i will water feed my girls same  pH and EC level like usual,i lower even a bit , i will use 2 liters ,i want to measure the run off on the bottom ,to be sure  it was reading before correct,than i know more  because the girl that looks the best and she have green leaves and buds growing more quick than other 4 ones,she have ec 2,5 and ph 7.0
crazy thing lol
yes the lower levaves should fall a bit and droopy cause not enough light,the tips of the leaves was always a bit yellow ,but it stay like this no curling or more burning .when i give to plants water nutes mix they always perk up even yellow leaves on bottom ,i dont have overwatering or ubderwatering problems ,sure i figure it now by now lol
the only thing that worry me too much ,is that the 4 girls ,the tops stop to grow ,they kinda stuck ,1 girl ,i can see get bigger tops and its worry me ,and litlle pistils on 2 plants r yellow ,the other girls have white pistils.is it a sign of something?
i did always from begin ph of water 6.8 ,and when i change it to 6.5, 2 weeks  ago around the girls started to act strange ,yellow leaves and stuff,before no 1 yellow leave all perfect
anyway thx for help i  do measurements tomorrow and let u know
also  can i cut all the little branches with tops  on the bottom which r sure will not develop?i mean is it too late ?
thx again
best regards
cs70 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote cs70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2010 at 22:20
hello everyone
so i soaked the girls with water feed mix EC 1.8 pH 6.7
after i mesure the run off here is the results
1st girl. ec 2.1 ph 6.9
2nd girl ec 2.1 ph 7.0
3rd girl ec 2.0 ph 6.9
4th girl ec 2.0 ph 7.0
5th girl ec 2.0 ph 6.9
so looks like not too much nutes burn but i will keep it this way for 1 week ,i want to see how it goes
i am looking Jorge Cervantes dvds now
i put 1 more fan in the box ,so now 2 fans moving air around tops
i removed also few little branches with tops ,they r yellow and droopy they will not develop i am sure and removed few dead leaves too
i took out 1 plant out of pot too see the roots ,and its looks fine ,i can see very thin roots also not everywhere ,iam sure i dont have root bound now
best regards
carlobee View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote carlobee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2010 at 05:42
lots of great information here! plus awesome pics too! :)

Salgado View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Salgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2010 at 18:05
Very nice. There seems to be lots of resin no? They are under what? 600W? And what about nutes?
"Every time I plant a seed, he said kill it before it grow, he said kill them before they grow. And so I shot him down..."
cs70 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote cs70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2010 at 23:08
hey guys
the tops r ok i guess ,stop growing i think ,maybe stress,  time will tell,but when i touch the leaves smeel too much nice and little white cristalls everywhare
yes i have osram 600w hps  and the girl love it from seed lol
i use hesi starter kit nutes  ,but next time i will try biobizz nutes ,i want  to use tropf blumat system ,and use it with nutes
best regards
cs70 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote cs70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2010 at 20:29
hello so here is the last update
the girls r now 84 days old and 44 days in flowering,sensi seed say northern lights flower 45-55 days ,i see many brown hair but not everywhere ,the tops stop to grow,i should remove all the little branches before ,that would make primary tops get bigger ,1 girls i see she is more fat than others cause no branches on the bottom at all, i cut them ,next time i know what to do lol
so today normally start 7th week of flowering i give to girls nutes for last week ,next week only water
so i was thinking to cut them next week  is it fine?
here some pictures
best regards
breizh ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote breizh ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 08:16
very nice pics and buds!! yeah!! have a nice harvest and smoke!!
Rémi Gaillard...take a look !
Destro Pesante View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Destro Pesante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 23:26
Great looking ...... have a good harvest! And of course a good smoke %3chumbs%20Up

Regards,
S.
munzy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote munzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 23:38
nice looking plants i would say you got at least another week maybe 2 be patient lol
ANDWHAT
Salgado View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Salgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 23:48
Gorgeous flowers there mate. You will enjoy for sure.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>