New LED grow -

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2010 at 12:54
^ BG, the light will look pinkish to purplish-blue depending on the ratio of red to blue leds.
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
Destro Pesante View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Destro Pesante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2010 at 18:36
Ciao Icarus,

Your grow room certainly looks funky, may your plants get really funky as well! In the good sense of the word of course. Thanks for the update and looking forward to your successful grow.

S.

icarusfallen View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote icarusfallen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2010 at 00:37
week 2 update.

the grow room is a pink/blue colour. My camera white balance took a lot of the blue out of the photos. the one big thing i noticed is the diminishing light appears much greater than with the hps.

The northern lights seems to like the light very much. i do see a little improvement over the floro lights i used previously for early seedling stage, not much and the differences could be strain related but just a slight improvement on all around plant appearance. Also today there is a noticeable height gain of a few cm overnight, the slight bend in the stem is from the fan blowing the same direction 2 days in a row.

as for the buba kush.. much less impressive, much slower growth. it still looks okay, normally i would cull a weak plant however as a free seed and only one i will probably keep it around.

breizh ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote breizh ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2010 at 09:43
nice looking plant icarus.soil? temp? hum? thanks.
Rémi Gaillard...take a look !
alkoholics View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alkoholics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2010 at 21:34
Ah keep up the work cuz, finally got a journal on the go, cant wait to see how it goes.
smoke or be smoked
cant always see through my cloud of smoke
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote icarusfallen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2010 at 00:40
bg - temp is 22-23c currently lights are on 24 will move to 18 once i get the mothers finest in. the lights give maximum 1c of temp increase in the room. hum is low.

good to see you around alko!

quick update today: the nl is looking a little sad today the leaves are drooping a lot, not sure why hopefully they just got a little too much water last night.
redlube_ View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote redlube_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2010 at 01:59
very curious as well, will be following your journal!!
coultard View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote coultard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2010 at 05:23
Looking forward to seeing how your grow progresses with your LED'S, hope you are pleasantly surprised by the progress %3coving%20it
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote icarusfallen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2010 at 01:27
A quick mid-week update. Germinating the mothers finest today. The northern lights and bubba kush are at 3 weeks (photos will be added over the weekend) so it is time to add in the next step.

And the paper towel method of germ:

I am doing two mothers finest (at least one should be female) for this grow.

Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote icarusfallen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2010 at 03:03

Week 3 update:

New MF seeds haven't popped yet. i think it may be because of the cool temp of the water/room using to germ. I'm working on it. hopefully they will pop and get in soil in the next day or two.

Bubba Kush - Has been transplanted to its final pot. it is much slower/smaller than the nl. i would normally cull a plant this slow but as i only had 1 seed i'm going to keep it around for the grow. its looking a little sad today, im guessing a bit too much water and the soil may have some nutrients. the root ball looked healthy and strong.

Grow Room:

Northern Lights: has been transplanted to a larger pot. She doesn't like much water at all, in the small pot a 50-100mm watering would be too much and her leaves would sag for 20-25 hours.  The bottom leaves are turning a bit yellow as well, im thinking the soil has some nutrient in it (i haven't fed anything other than water)

Happy smoking for another week!

Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alkoholics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2010 at 16:51
Yes they are looking a bit sad, is this the regular soil you use? looks like it may have some nutes to it, nice and tight little babies though hope you get them sorted out and growing faster soon.
smoke or be smoked
Salgado View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Salgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 01:16

Maybe a lil too much water no? That happened to me when I started my recent grown and maybe due pot size. I used to watre them everyday a lil bit. Now I water my plants when they soil is really dry and they like it!

Best of luck

Keep us informed
"Every time I plant a seed, he said kill it before it grow, he said kill them before they grow. And so I shot him down..."
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote icarusfallen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 01:45
The edges of the leaves were brownish. on some of the leaves there were large reddish/brown patches. I'm guessing it is a magnesium toxicity. I added a humidifier for a few hours per day.and i sprayed the leaves with water.  The northern lights has recovered nicely as far as i can tell. the bubba kush is not looking good at all, but is looking more alive today then dead.

sal, as for the over watering i doubt that was the problem, until yesturday i had given a total of 200ml from germination.  I added a 500ml watering to the new pots yesturday at the risk of over watering, however the reaction seems to be solid.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote icarusfallen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 04:37
week 4 update:

This has been an interesting week, all sorts of problems have been coming up. after watching the plants suffer i decided it was the soil that was toxic and possibly filled with nutrients. As a result i have transplanted the plants in to new soil.

so not much growth for either of the plants in soil. It has been about 30 hours since the transplant and both the northern lights and bubba kush seem to be responding well.

I have also had difficulties with the mothers finest germinating. i have germinated a dinafem Moby dick, and am trying to get atleast one of the mothers finest to germinate. seeing as i have grown a lot of sensi seeds in the past i assume this may have been a bad package from the reseller.

Heres a few pictures of the sad looking ladies.

Northern Lights:

Bubba Kush:

as you can see these plants that were planted at the same time and exposed to the same toxic conditions have both struggled, however the complete lack of growth from the bubba kush is surprising to me.

I was hoping to switch to flowering light cycle this week however due to the issues i've had it will probably another two weeks or before the switch.

Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alkoholics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 04:48
Yo Cuz i think you should try running a cfl in there too your temps would rise a bit which would deminish the stale water wich would possably speedup your growth, we had talked about this and both seen others trying this, i realy think it might help with your issue. sofar what i think is your led might not be best for veg spec and need extra lumens from the blue spec im thinking yours my be better for bloom then. try throwing in a few 23w cfls maybe 2, it wont increase heat much but enough for water intake to speed up
smoke or be smoked
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>