yellow spots on leaves at veg stage

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
alba1 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote alba1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: yellow spots on leaves at veg stage
    Posted: 07 April 2010 at 09:16
Hi

Could anyone give me advice on what is causing the yellow plants, growing in a 4ft x 4ft area with 2 x 250 watt  veg bulbs, the plants are just in their 3 week under lights I have attached a picture

Thank you in advance for any advice
Salgado View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Salgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2010 at 15:39
Are you making PH adjustment? If yes to what value? It seems a PH problem. Check this out About Nutrients...
"Every time I plant a seed, he said kill it before it grow, he said kill them before they grow. And so I shot him down..."
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2010 at 04:12
Insect damage... time for an insecticide.

What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
alba1 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote alba1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2010 at 09:00
Hey guys

Thanks for the quick replies, this is my first time growing indoors so I am grateful for all advice,  will check the ph anyway, I am using rainwater and a multipurpose growing mix, with peat, sand, loam and fertilizer:
  • NITROGEN

• PHOSPHATES

• POTASH - 

• TRACE ELEMENTS

And will go to war on insects :)

thanks

alba

Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2010 at 12:45
I think it looks more like pest damage than a nute/pH problem.

Pyrethrum is one of the safest insecticides and it kill most things that attack cannabis (only limited effect on spider mites, unfortunately).
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
alba1 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote alba1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2010 at 17:10
%3co%20high thanks for all the advice I got some insecticide from my local garden centre it is good for all type of flies, red spider mites and caterpillars, and can be used on edible and non edible crops :))  the war begins, cos I love my babies 
Jonney View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Jonney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2010 at 18:37
Originally posted by sarah louise

Agreed, i recently lost a crop to insects and what you have there seems to match what my ladies looked like in the early stages.

Want to give them a spray before it gets out of control, i learned this the hard way!

%3ceed%20leaf 
"It is possible that a certain amount of brain damage is of therapeutic value."

Dr Paul Hoch
------------------------------
Salgado View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Salgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2010 at 21:05
Luckily we have experienced people to correct us. At first sight looked PH to me coz I remembered some yellow brownish spots on my grow too!
"Every time I plant a seed, he said kill it before it grow, he said kill them before they grow. And so I shot him down..."
carlobee View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote carlobee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2010 at 12:09
Originally posted by sarah louise

Definitely this!

jackhere View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote jackhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2010 at 14:42
Check the under side of each leave this should be done every week any how.Spidermite's will sometime's show them selfs by the little yellow spec's on the top of the leave's.If there is a problem with mites then you can either buy a shop bought product or use lemon juice and dish soap shake it up and spray 2/3 time's a day.But at the end of every day always make sure that you spray just with water to get the coat of the plant from the other spray that you added earlyer. 
alba1 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote alba1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2010 at 21:42
Thanks jackhere

for the extra info will follow all advice there is only three plants with them so far so hopefully I have caught them in time I have 14 plants growing there
alba1 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote alba1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 09:38
Hi guys, I have some pics of the girls that survived, I think the problems I had were more down to lack of humidity and maybe over watering and also too close to lamps, Era it is the first time growing so I figure  I am doing well to have 7 plants left.  Problem dont know what they are as the seeds were a freebie with the fem seeds i bought, and they all died, would appreciate any feed back/advice they are 5 weeks into flower

alba1 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote alba1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 09:39
next

Weed_Prophet View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Weed_Prophet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2011 at 18:27

The pic is not the best, top leaf is most visable.

No spider mites. Useing a 15-30-15

Core of plant remains green, fans eventually yellow and die
Auto-Question-Bot View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Auto-Question-Bot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2011 at 00:24
are they yllow or white with trails?
You need to get better pics on imo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>