Bonsai Mums and Cups of Tea

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Proteus View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Proteus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2010 at 04:52
Well there is a bit of a story behind that plant. It started out looking like this...

Its the weaker of the two. I let them both grow until they had woody stems at the bottom and then cut it off and rooted it. It was taking a very long time to root, and eventually i got fed up and put it under 12/12. It chose to take its chance and grew into that. I thought it was a bit rude to talk about other peoples plants on your forum %3cmbarrass%3cd but sinse you asked its MrNice Critical mass. Im a bit sad i havnt got a cutting tbh cause it does smell good. Its sister was major hermie and got smoked early.

Salgado View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Salgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2010 at 19:23
Beautiful Bonsai there Proteus! Awesome but and lovely leaves! How tall is it?
"Every time I plant a seed, he said kill it before it grow, he said kill them before they grow. And so I shot him down..."
Proteus View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Proteus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2010 at 19:40
Approx 28cm
Salgado View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Salgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2010 at 20:13
Excellent! By the way what nutes do you use Proteus I'm curious!
"Every time I plant a seed, he said kill it before it grow, he said kill them before they grow. And so I shot him down..."
Proteus View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Proteus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2010 at 21:23
Planted in canna bio terra plus and fed on canna bio flores. Occasionally got a foliar feed.
Proteus View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Proteus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2010 at 19:41
Originally posted by sarah louise

Proteus, mind if I ask where you got your seed? Your Afghan looks just like my dear departed Eloise.

Haha. It might look nice but you wouldnt want to smoke it. Its taste is not nice at all and there is something very wrong about the buzz, it makes me feel like somebody turned the gravity up slightly. I have never smelled or smoked any "cheese" variety, but that plant smells distictly of blue vein cheese. I am giving serious consideration to binning it, thats how bad the buzz is %3cot%20smoki%3cg. This is by no means a slight on the strain, because it grew next to a plant that smelled like a slightly skunky fruit salad. I guess if i grow funny little mutants i shouldnt complain :). 

Salgado, apologies for hijacking your thread :)
Salgado View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Salgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2010 at 21:43
Originally posted by Proteus

Salgado, apologies for hijacking your thread :)

It's not my thread. It's everyone's thread so feel free to use it Proteus . By the way thx for answering my questions. Still have plenty of doubts!

Sal
Proteus View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Proteus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2010 at 22:04
Originally posted by Salgado

. By the way thx for answering my questions.

no probs. This is the first time i have ever used liquid food from a bottle and tbh im not all that impressed. I think ill stick to traditional soil ferts from now on. Mixing up potions and stuff isnt for me. Fish/blood/bone, guano and the like. Wormcastings might be worth a look aswell. If i can lay my hands on some, i am going to try chitosan aswell. Sounds synthetic, but its not.

Quick edit: Check out this stuff aswell.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_dust
Salgado View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Salgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2010 at 22:34
So you mix the soil with the solid nutes and then you water only right? This must be very pragmatic I guess! Is it expensive? And why do you prefer solid nutes instead liquid ones?

I recently bought BioBizz All-mix nutrient kit. It costed me 55 euros. I bought these ones coz I see people getting huge flowers with it (like Tommylee and Solidopc had) and I need it now! What's your impression on these?

Proteus View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Proteus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2010 at 22:58
Part of what annoyed me about the canna stuff is that they lower your PH level by exactly 1 point. My tapwater comes out of the RO filter at 6.5 after nutes are added its 5.5 and i have to correct it. I very quickly found this to be a pain in the ass :) I also thought that the taste was lacking. When i used FBB/guano in a previous grow, i used a 10 litre pot, and mixed the bottom 1/3 of the soil with guano. I then topped it up with plain soil almost to the top. The top few inches where mixed with the fish/blood/bone, to stop ferts floating when i watered more than anything else. As far as i could tell the plant seemed very happy and was incredably sweet and tasty. You asked if it was expensive? Well i think for the average price of a typical veg/flower A/B bottles, you can get several years worth of plain garden/vegtable ferts, assuming a small percy grow.

I cant comment on the biobizz stuff you have because i have never used it, but no reason you shouldnt use it for now. In the future try different things, its the only way to know if its what you want. You might think it doenst make any difference, i dunno :)
Salgado View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Salgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2010 at 20:14
PH correcting is really pain in the ass Proteus! And I will make some experiments in the future using soil ferts ! I'm getting interested in it but really dunno much about it!

How is your growing doin?

Some pics of my Bonsai girl. She's ok now. No PH trouble and getting very gentle!

alkoholics View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alkoholics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 22:13
Very interesting thread, i have a few kinds i will be mothering up like this, i have skunk #1, Mli, sweet dreams and rockbud X ak-47.

if you look around here i have used foilage to make Blunts and its great nothing tops a pure blunt
smoke or be smoked
cant always see through my cloud of smoke
Salgado View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Salgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 04:25
Originally posted by alkoholics

Very interesting thread, i have a few kinds i will be mothering up like this, i have skunk #1, Mli, sweet dreams and rockbud X ak-47.

if you look around here i have used foilage to make Blunts and its great nothing tops a pure blunt

Hi and thx for your comment.

Many people like have lack of space like I do and this is a great way to keep mothers and still have a nice flowering space.

I have Big Bud x Chrystal seeds and will keep them this size too and post the development.

I agree it's better than paper or pipe (personally of course). I would love to know how to do those blunts and seen your pics already but I can't find the thread. I appreciate if you could post the link.

Thx

Lil Update

Some topping in my plant. Preparing it to take more clones. I think there will be 14 possible branches to do it but won't need all (new strain is on the way too).

All 4 now

Sal
Salgado View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Salgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2010 at 18:33
Mama Status, in a week she will get cut

She is a lil lonely now that her friends Chillies left so I Promised her a new friend soon!

Sal
Salgado View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Salgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2010 at 16:03
Time to cut my lady so I can prepare future grow. My Bonsai girl is doing pretty well. Took 8 cuttings and they also seem ok.

Now she is 30 cm tall (not counting the pot height)

Before cutting

Cuttings ( I let them rest like this in water with PH 6.0 for 1 hour)

Here's how the girl looks now

4 clones prepared already

4 more resting in rooting hormone for some minutes

Babies altogether

All for now.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>