Seed recommendation alpine region

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
herbert View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote herbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seed recommendation alpine region
    Posted: 24 March 2010 at 22:14
Which seeds would you recommend for growing

- outdoor
- alpine region
- altitude aprox. 900 meters

problem: grow season in alpine region starts later and ends ealier

plants have to be ready by mid of october because snow might arrive by end of october but you can not put them outside before mid/end of may!

i have good experience with:
- guerilla gusto
- mexican sativa (grow really gr8)

mixed experience:
- ruderalis indica (grow good, they even seem to survive early snow, big leaves but small harvest)

i had bad experiences with:
- early girl
- early pearl
- hollands hope
- swiss miss

as i am looking for new strains i would be happy to receive your irecommendations!

thx

Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2010 at 11:34
Hmm, interesting that you had great results from Mexican Sativa, but not from Early Pearl, which I would normally consider a tougher, sturdier Sativa hybrid.

Definitely give Early Skunk a whirl (I'd go for the regular rather than the feminised version), as it's a strain that gives amazing results in a wide variety of climates.

Durban is another strain known for its hardiness and good results, even in less favourable climates. If Mexican did well, there's a good chance this African Sativa will also thrive.

Shiva Shanti 2, from the indoor/greenhouse list can grow well outdoors, and much of its ancestry comes from high-altitude Indicas native to the Hindu Kush.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
 Post Reply Post Reply