Lunar Cycles

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
hays View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote hays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2010 at 13:02
mm, that doesn't quite make as much sense as the argument for lunar planting. I mean we all plant with the sun, or lights pretending to be, so why not with the moon too?
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2010 at 13:10
mm?

The point is that the moon's effect is constant - it's a body in orbit around the earth and how much of it humans can see at any given time has no effect on its mass and position. Pretty simple.

Your argument about lights doesn't follow through, if you think about it.
Since cannabis is sensitive to photoperiod, flowering in a short day, it is clearly not affected by moonlight, otherwise a bright, full moon could mess up a flowering cycle. Which it can't.

Also, the phases of the moon are not in synch with the seasons and don't indicate any particular time of year, unlike the position of the sun, so there's no apparent survival/evolutionary reason for plants to care about how much of a shadow is cast on the moon.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
meadowmaid View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote meadowmaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2011 at 17:48
Hi -just thought I'd chip in on this one.
I tried germinating by lunar phases a few years ago and the results were so impressive I've done it ever since.   I've no arguments as to why this should work, we cant possibly know everything, but it does. The same seeds will germinate faster and go on to grow stronger plants when the moon is waxing, than those germinated when the moon is waning. Try it yourself folks%3cig%3c.
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2011 at 22:44
imo the moon is very important!
In the netherlands we have a special name for the full moon in may ( free translation: holy ice day) why would we give for centuries a name for a day if it has no importance?
After fullmoon in may the chance for frost is gone, but its nature, so take a few days extra.
When it is full moon and there are no clouds it is always( almost, its nature) cold!
so plant your plants never a few days before full moon but a few days after.
People who dont believe in this moon story: put your plants outdoors before full moon and good luck!
edit: if you live in a warm country like south europe or africa, it makes not much difference, but  still a little difference. in the colder districts it makes more difference.
edit 2: people who say it doesnt make a difference havent tried it and think logic as a machine nature is not a machine and not logic.Almost all knowledge about this subject is forgotten, is made forgotten. if you dont understand nature, you dont understand weed

Some say friends do not exist, we cant make words for things that do not exist...
Willie van het Kerkhof, Groningen NL
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2011 at 10:13
To be fair you might as well say that because the name 'hemelvaart' is hundreds of years old, that proves the existence of Jesus.

Nights where there are no clouds (especially in colder climates) are colder because the day's heat is not trapped by clouds and escapes from the surface of the earth. It's not because of the moon's magic!

Actually, I'd say that nature is logical and does behave like a machine. It's an infinitely, almost divinely complex machine, maybe one with too many variables for one person to comprehend, but effect absolutely does follow cause in nature.

That's why we can observe physics and chemical reactions and biology and astronomy put them into context and start to understand the universe.

It's humans that make the logical leaps and have superstitions and engage in magical thinking. Nature is a vast interrelated structure and does follow rules.

Clearly, we don't know all the rules, but it's a cop-out to say that belief [x] must be true because 'science doesn't understand everything.'

[of course science doesn't understand everything - if it did, it would stop, as there would be nothing more to discover!]

For me, the bottom line is that if you find a technique, method or even a ritual to be effective for you, keep doing it. The placebo effect (and its variants) can be a seriously powerful thing.

Placebo - now there's a process we don't really understand that has a measurable effect on the world!
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
dacca1 View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote dacca1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2011 at 13:07
Hi all, I believe in good genes and lots of love and care thats all.
Bloom as often as you can
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12