Re using Coco

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SIDEWAYS View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote SIDEWAYS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Re using Coco
    Posted: 09 February 2010 at 11:18
Hi guys im currently growing in Canna coco and i thought i read somewhere that u can re-use it. just wondering if thats correct
munzy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote munzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2010 at 11:26
canna say you can reuse coco, im sure it has to be treated to get rid of old roots i think its cannazyme not 100% on that though, for what its worth i would just buy a new bag £11 a bag is not a lot and lot less hassle
ANDWHAT
SIDEWAYS View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote SIDEWAYS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2010 at 11:29
yea i thought it would be easyier just to buy another bag.
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2010 at 12:10
If one or two bags per grow is all you use (and you have a convenient, safe way to get rid of the used coco), replacing the growing medium might be easier than cleaning it.

Growers using large amounts of coco and/or those without a good way to get rid of it may be better off cleaning it.

IIRC (though I'm not completely sure), Cannazyme is the enzyme used for cleaning coco

Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
SIDEWAYS View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote SIDEWAYS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2010 at 12:32
yea im only using 1 bag per crop so i can easy get rid, but couldnt be bothered driving to the hydro shop to pick it up
munzy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote munzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2010 at 16:31
i use 15 litre pots, and when finished they are packed solid with roots, wonder how long it would take for the roots to break down enough to re plant? cannazyme x time, versus, new coco??
ANDWHAT
 Post Reply Post Reply