Salgado Grow Blog

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Salgado View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Salgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2010 at 04:06
Thx Destro, Dacca and Alecky hope you guys are ok

The 3 remaining girls in the grow room were chopped today. All the ladies are drying now. 5 are drying for 7 days, 1 is drying for 3 days and 3 start drying today. Temp is not helping for sure, still very hot and the tendency is increasing. No A/C in the house....

The WW I have in veg surprised me. Gonna keep my bonsai widow but sadly for her she is been a bit neglected the last days and temperature is still very high but I'll bring her back in shape in some time.

Pics of the final harvest, exactly 7 days after the first:

I'll come back after finish drying and curing a bit to make a smoke report.

Hope everyone's doing great.
Peace and health for all

Sal
"Every time I plant a seed, he said kill it before it grow, he said kill them before they grow. And so I shot him down..."
Salgado View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Salgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2010 at 22:28
I'm back.

I've been smoking my weed for some days and I'm very pleased. First of all I want to thanks to everyone who helped me through the process: Ganja, Sarah Lou, Munzy, Snoopy, Eule, Uli, Proteus, BG, Destro, Alcoholics, Alecky and everyone who visited the log and commented. In the perfect world we would meet and share our weed. You guys deserve more than some people I know and will eventually smoke some. Once again thx.

The weed is very nice. Not the best weed I've tried but it's great. Everyone likes it. The taste is very smooth, obviously related with the smell. The first thing that comes to mind when I smell it is sugar. Since week 3 of bloom the smell of sugar was present in the buds and know it's even better. 4 of my widows also have a bit of diesel smell and that breaks the sugar characteristic a lil. The taste is really great. Reminds me of sugar cane and the present of fruit is also notable. Every time I smoke in the street everybody comes asking for some weed and when I like the person I make a small joint for them to try because I don't sell weed.

So this blog is near the end, I'll post some pics of the weed tomorrow. I kept my WW bonsai for a future grow. I'll upgrade my grow room and try a different approach: change the medium, lights, nutes, size of plants etc.

So see you tomorrow everyone I hope you guys are ok and good grow and smoke for all.

Peace and health

Sal     
"Every time I plant a seed, he said kill it before it grow, he said kill them before they grow. And so I shot him down..."
Destro Pesante View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Destro Pesante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2010 at 00:51
Great to hear you are happy with your harvest.
It was a pleasure reading your grow diary and also very informative. It is great we can learn from each others experiences here.

My WS is 28 days in flowering and coming along OK I think.
Not the biggest buds and I am only seeing a tiny bit of resin. But no nutes burn or other problems till now. Let's hope it stays like this. The only problem is temperature, 34/36C during day and about 24 at night for some time now. Grow room temp is at 29/30C.
I don't think this is helping the plants.

Any tips on feeding? I am using Cellmax bio organic bloom. How often did you feed the plants? I am doing every other watering. With this temp, about every 4 days. Recommended is 4ml/Lt. I use 4ml every 1,5 Lt.

Enjoy your weed and stay well.
Looking forward to your next grow.

Cheers,
S.
munzy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote munzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2010 at 17:37
%3ceed%20leaf%3chumbs%20Up%3clapwhats next on the menu??
ANDWHAT
Salgado View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Salgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2010 at 22:50
Originally posted by Destro Pesante

Great to hear you are happy with your harvest. It was a pleasure reading your grow diary and also very informative. It is great we can learn from each others experiences here. My WS is 28 days in flowering and coming along OK I think. Not the biggest buds and I am only seeing a tiny bit of resin. But no nutes burn or other problems till now. Let's hope it stays like this. The only problem is temperature, 34/36C during day and about 24 at night for some time now. Grow room temp is at 29/30C. I don't think this is helping the plants. Any tips on feeding? I am using Cellmax bio organic bloom. How often did you feed the plants? I am doing every other watering. With this temp, about every 4 days. Recommended is 4ml/Lt. I use 4ml every 1,5 Lt.Enjoy your weed and stay well.Looking forward to your next grow.Cheers,S.

Thx Destro and it's nice that my blog has helped you.

Your WS will get fat from now on for sure. Within 20 days you will be admiring your buds even more believe me. More resin will appear in near future too. The odds of growing perfect the first times are small but keep doin a good job and your plants won't let you down

If temps inside the room are about 29/30ºC don't worry. More than that could have some negative impact into your plants but it is unlikely if it's only for a few days. I had temps inside the room like 33/35ºC for some days and my Widows did well.

IMO I guess your making a good feeding. When I started I tried to follow BioBizz chart so I gave my WWs all the nutes the manufacturer advised. At first I thought I was doing the right thing. After some weeks of flowering I thought the plants didn't need so many nutes so I started to reduce them. When flushing time came I was worried due to the amount of feeds I gave coz he water was so orange I was thinking the taste was going to be very bad. In the end nothing bad happened, the smell and taste are excellent.
Do it like you've been doing, if in the end you notice something wrong you'll know if you'll have to increase or reduce nutes.

Originally posted by munzy

%3c3ceed%3c20leaf%3c3chumbs%3c20Up%3c3clapwhats next on the menu??

Guess the menu will be the same but if not it will have WW too. Still thinking in buying Purple Haze. Been reading many PH smoke reports and it fits very nice for me. Still ahve to decide but I'm growing WW for sure. Next time I'll grow about 50 small plants, maybe all WW or 25 WW and 25 from the next strain. New lamp too. I'll see if I can change to a 600w. New extractor also needed. I'm gathering some money to buy that S&P one I've posted. I'll also change to coco, maybe a lil bit early too coz I think I should gather more experience in soil first.

In about one month or so I start to grow again, already preparing my bonsai to take a nice amount of clones.

For now only, beach, sun and WW
snoopy85 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote snoopy85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2010 at 00:18
seems great result...I think it was good that u didnt gave much nutes cause I think like you it isnt needed...for me personally I would like ur plants and think they must have good smell cause the photos show it was flushed before...I think change to coco is good and its not as heavy as you might feel...I know peops who began with cocos and with good components and ph/ec metere u will get it...when u change lamp too 600 w I would recommend u to buy a digital ballast where u simply can switch from 400w/600w like from B.A.L
Im looking forward to your next grow log
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Destro Pesante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2010 at 17:42
Ciao Salgado,

Thanks for your input. I think I am doing OK for my first time. I will keep feeding them like I did. Will post a pic soon of the buds. Really hope they get a bit fatter, but we will see.

I can really see the disadvantage of a 250 W lamp now, the buds on the bottom half of the plants are staying small and also the leafs suffer. Not enough penetration.
An other reason is, that I could only start flowering when my plants were quite large ( 50 / 55 cm) So now they are about 1.20mt and the tops are blocking all the light.

We will see how long they take.

All the best!
S.

Proteus View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Proteus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2010 at 07:32
"I can really see the disadvantage of a 250 W lamp now, the buds on the bottom half of the plants are staying small and also the leafs suffer. Not enough penetration."

What you can always do is take all the lower bud sites off. Keep the leafs tho, and all the energy that would have gone into those little popcorn buds will be better spent swelling up your main buds.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Destro Pesante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2010 at 01:20
Thanks for the tip. I think I will do just that, because I think those tiny partly developed buds at the bottom part of the plant  will not develop into mature buds before the top ones finish.

Should I dry these small bud and the leafs and can I then also smoke these?

Cheers,
S.
Proteus View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Proteus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2010 at 14:04
"Should I dry these small bud and the leafs and can I then also smoke these?"

Dont see why not. When i am out, thats usually what gets cut off first and dryed on the ratiator for a quick toke :) altho i expect if you dryed them slowly they might offer a taste of what is to come.
alkoholics View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alkoholics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2010 at 15:49
i rock a 250hps and have to say it does just  fine for me, though you are right about the light penetration of them, you need to veg them till 10inch then put to flower to get good penetration to the bottom bud sites but is better to take them off for early smoke and to help fill in the colas also something to maybe think about is to top all your plants and do a scrog or sog you will get way better results with all the bud sites being at one level.
smoke or be smoked
cant always see through my cloud of smoke
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Destro Pesante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2010 at 05:00
I have one of my plants topped and you are right this helps. But still, main problem with light penetration is the high of the plants, because I couldn't start them flower sooner. Height including pot is now around 1,35 Mt.
What is a scrog or sog??

Cheers,
S.
Salgado View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Salgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2010 at 18:52
SCROG ( Screen Of Green) and SOG (Sea Of Green ) are growing techniques.

SCROG is a technique where you use a screen to train your plants to cover a desired space of growing. SOG is a slightly different one. Instead of growing like 4 plants in a 1m area you grow many small ones.

These techniques allow growers to use all the space for growing and to increase yield because one of the main goals is growing big colas.

I'm going to try a SOG next time I'll grow because I can't work with 11l pots in my room.

Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Destro Pesante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2010 at 00:15
Thanks Salgado for the quick reply.
I will look into these to growing techniques and do some searching.
How are you doing and how is the drying coming along?

Cheers,
S.
Salgado View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Salgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2010 at 20:43
I'm doing great. Enjoy my vacation time to the max . I'll report my next grow too. Honestly my eyes prefer watching a nice Scrog or Sog than a grow with a common plant structure. Don't know why but it's lovely to see that field of big top colas. Can't wait to start growing again

The drying was god and bad. When I chopped the first widows the weather was good for drying. Just a lil bit higher than normal but the buds were looking good. But the last 4 widows suffered a bit. I had temps inside the room like 34ºc. Only at night temps dropped a bit but it was very high.

The weed is now curing for 2 weeks more or less and the smell and taste are great. The high is great too. In fact the Widow i still have has surprised me. gonna keep it at least one more grow. I'll try to give the plants way better conditions so I expect they still have more to rock. I wanna see those babies really rockin

And you bro? How are your girls?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>