Weed for paranoic.... ?!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
adnxxx View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote adnxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weed for paranoic.... ?!
    Posted: 21 January 2010 at 18:35
Hi there,
Well this is my story: Some time ago I smoked weed a lot. Almost every day. I even got my own small plantation from the seeds I've bought from Sensi. But then I bought some very strong shit (I don't know what it was), and we smoked it with my friend (we was then on a school trip in a bus with people that we did not knew). I had then a first bad trip after smoking pot. I thought that it was only because of conditions (strangers, strong weed). But every after I tried to smoke, I get the same paranoic (strong heart beat, not manage to control a high, think that my heart will stop and other stupid ideas) and I completely quit smoking (from time to time when I'm drunk I take a couple of hits from my friends and it's okay)
Now couple years after, I would like to take a blunt and get stoned by TV or smoke with my wife and do....some things :) - you know just to relax a lil bit from time to time.
My question is: is there some very light shit that I can smoke and do not get paranoic? Or should I just forget about weed? If You got any experience please help.

PS.
Sorry for my english, I'm from Poland guys...

Peace!
Adrian
Alibaba View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Alibaba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2010 at 18:43
Just put less in your joints?
lots and lots of pot head pixies riding round in teapot taxis
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2010 at 18:54
I've often wondered if Indica or Sativa strains have more or a tendency towards creating paranoia, or whether it's mostly a matter of how strong the cannabis is.

I suspect that Sativas may be more likely to cause paranoia, as these seem to act more on the head than the body. On the other hand, while Sativa is cerebrally active, I don't really find them disorienting or confusing as Indica can sometimes be.

Indicas, at first glance, might seem more likely to cause relaxation than anxiety. On the other hand, their physical effects - of making the user lethargic or unwilling to move, of making them think or react slowly, of seeming more outwardly powerful than Sativas - may cause some form of paranoia.

There's no particular problem with Skunks and other Indica-Sativa hybrids, but if you're trying to find out if one type or the other is more likely to make you feel bad, then it's better to sample pure Indicas and hybrids that lean more towards Sativa (very, very few pure Sativas are available as commercial cannabis seeds) to compare their effects.

Overall, I'd guess that a potent (but not overwhelmingly powerful) pure Indica might be the best one try first. If you can find (or grow) some Sensi Hindu Kush, that would fit the bill nicely - she's an unhybridised Indica that's strong enough to make any smoker happy, but should not knock you off your seat.

To true a strongly Sativa-leaning hybrid, consider:
Mexican Sativa (low-priced, not too strong)
Durban (much stronger, almost pure Sativa)

The heart racing effect is quite common. It might be a bit scary, but you can be sure that you won't have a heart attack as a result of smoking weed.

Aside from this, a lot of paranoia may be based on being high in public or in other locations where you don't feel entirely secure. Try sample your Indica or Sativa in a very safe, secure environment, on your own or with a close friend.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Proteus View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Proteus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2010 at 20:01
I hope i will not come over as arrogant or anything with this post. 

Sometihng that i consider to be the mark of an experienced smoker is the ability to handle certain effects. I have also heard it said that weed is a spiritual plant that can be used to deal with problems and feelings and it will only reflect back at you what you bring with you in the first place. We go thru our lives bombarded by worry and stress from every direction, perhaps it is not surprising that sometimes these feelings can become amplified.

Now i will speak personally from my own experiences. Much of this "paranoia" seems to stem from what other people are thinking when they look and see me stoned.. Are they looking at me? I will go further and say that, when other people see me stoned, infact i am causing them paranoia and when i have to deal with these people its their fear that starts to project itself onto me. Other peoples para can be quite unpleasent. There was a time when nobody really seemed to mind a stoner, but as i said before we are constantly being told to worry by the media, pehaps this is whats changed peoples people reactions. If a place or a situation is causing you difficultys, dont shy away from it, face it - head on. Dont be a coward or it will always pull you down. If your in good company and its getting to you, dont hold it in, talk about it, get a cuddle off your girl %3cug. "Paranoia" its all in your head really %3c3c3c3c3cacko 

There is a line from a portishead song - its probably taken out of context but i find it appropriate.

"Did you realise no one can see inside your view,
Did you realise forwhy this sight belongs to you."

The song is in the album "Dummy" if your interested, i cant remember the name.
carlobee View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote carlobee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 04:54
i wonder what that one was. really did have that much effect on you as i can see. 

DriveBy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote DriveBy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 05:27
Paranoia's a defense mechanism
mesrin View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote mesrin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 09:32
IMHO wahtever u feel now has really nothing to do with the strain. I had a bad trip in the past and took me about 4 years to enjoy a smoke again. Had the same issues like u do.

Start with small amounts and try to concentrate on other things like music, tele or your wife ;p. What helped me overcome this situation was that i knew that nomatter waht happens u can never have any serious health issues form weed. like your heart will stop etc. Smoking on my own like without any company helped also a lot, cause i was able to control these bad feeling better.

adnxxx View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote adnxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2010 at 02:47
Hi guys!
Sorry but I often work and do not have much time... that is why I did not respond earlier. Hope You understand :)
First of all - Thank You all for a really usefull informations, I really appreciate it! Ganja, Proteus, Mesrin - thanks.
Well if I will try to understand this "paranoia" and try to look at myself from a distance I would say that You might be right. I think that this paranoia is right now my fear from weed (meybe in past it was something else). Weed that will cause some serious health issue.
I know it's stupid to say something like that, because the ganja should make You calm and happy right? And I remeber a loooot of really great trips, but once something changed. It was this time on this school trip when I just couldn't control a high.
The last time when I smoked was like 2 years ago. I thought that this bad trip will end and I tried to get stoned. I remember that only 2 things happened to me that caused bad trip or this "paranoia" : I get a feeling of very strong heart beating and a feeling that it is cold and I am starting to shake. So fu*** stupid!
I want now to change this state of mind because I really miss my meetings with ganja. We enjoyed ourselfs a lot :)  I was really creative after smoking (liked a lot to swimm or listen to music)... and no alcohol can get me the same what a 1 blunt did.

PS.
I must say that when we smoked with my friends I was always the one who was stoned much more than them (red eyes etc.). Some time ago I was thinking about it and I thought that it was because I swimmed a lot when I was younger (got bigger lungs than a normal guy - it's a fact).

Well this is it. I will try to fight it. See what will happen...

Thanks for help

Post Reply Post Reply