oakland indica

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
downsouthsage View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote downsouthsage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: oakland indica
    Posted: 28 December 2009 at 15:43
There was a strain that could be bought from one of the old seed banks from like1980 to 1987 that was called oakland indica.Does anyone from sensi frequent this forum that maybe could tell me if their california indica has anything in common with this old strain or anyone else know of oakland indica or where it may could still be found??
snoopy85 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote snoopy85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2009 at 17:21
im not from sensi stuff but when googled for oakland indica I saw that its still available to buy
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2009 at 10:07
Never seen it, myself. I assume it's long gone, or has been sold under a new name for many years now.

It's in the old catalogues of The Super Sativa Seed Club, as number M14.

The two links above lead to the same description that was printed in the old SSSC catalogue:
"M14 - One of the best commercial indica hybrids in the U.S. We have got these seeds from a colleague top grower who has made a lot of dollars with it. The yield is enormous, a modus of 1 lbs. The potency is super. In Holland it flowers at the end of September. Some individuals will take up to two weeks more to mature. The plant in the picture turned purple because of a very cold fall." - S.S.S.C. catalog"

Don't think this is related to California Indica. Sounds like it has more in common with Big Bud.

Beware of anyone trying to sell you seeds of 'original' Oakland Indica/M14. They haven't been sold for 20 years, so any strain now available under that name is extremely unlikely to have anything to do with the strain from the SSSC catalogue.

A strain currently sold under that name might be something good, but it won't be the same thing as in the Eighties.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote downsouthsage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2009 at 18:40
When I click on the link to buy oakland indica seeds it sends me to sensi's home page.I dont understand what the deal is.That is the description from the 80's though.
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2009 at 18:49
You can't buy these seeds from either site (or anywhere else, AFAIK).

The entries are reproduced on those sites as a kind of strain history, not as a sales catalogue.

It probably redirects to Sensi, as we are the oldest seed bank and have some ancient association with SSSC.

No-one sells Oakland Indica seeds, as far as I know.

If anyone does sell them, they are very unlikely to be the same as were offered by SSSC
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote downsouthsage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2009 at 19:48
thanks,I figured as much but man I cant believe someone did not keep this one around.
 Post Reply Post Reply