My first grow diary - Barneys Nightshade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tommylee883 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote tommylee883 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2009 at 11:14
Thank you sarah :) im quite proud to say its my first grow lol!
well before the snow arrived with my fan, i clocked temps at 35 degrees!! ahhhh!
So i turned my radiator constantly off, re routed the ducting as duggested by BM to the window and ofcourse my osci fan arrived so im getting average readings now of around 29/30 degrees, still a tad warm i know, but i was pleased with the drop :)
Tommy
bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2010 at 13:18
Originally posted by buffalohunter

The fan will not be able to either extract or intake enough cold or warm air into your grow room alone. You will need another fan aswell i personally think.   

he may have a similar size growroom, but all growrooms are different, and work in different ways. just one minor factor would be where in your house the tent is situated, just this small detail will have great differences in environments.

my growroom is 0.8m x 2.2m x 2.3m, with a 400w hps, and my 4 inch extractor works fine, summer and winter. i only use the fan on the outlet, the inlet draws air in under a vacuum caused by the extractor outlet. also, the inlet draws air directly from outside, so very cool at the moment.

BM %3ceed%20leaf
I grow weed for my own use and feel no guilt over it.If you want to arrest me,fine,thats your job.My aim is to put real criminals out of business by refusing to pay into the illegal distribution scene
Jonney View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Jonney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2010 at 21:51
Nice, i've been wondering about this beauty for a while, looking forward to a smoke report, nice healthy looking plants there man.

%3ceed%20leaf
"It is possible that a certain amount of brain damage is of therapeutic value."

Dr Paul Hoch
------------------------------
snoopy85 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote snoopy85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2010 at 15:02
I know the problem of to big files in the forum so I would recommend you use a free programm called the gimp...its an opensource programm that even can beat photoshop or such anything and its so easy just open a pic with that and when saving as jpg you can reduce the filesize in percent and when first making contrast a bit up  with your great cam even a resized pic will be great.... this programm is available for nearly every platform as windows 2000,win xp and vista,macintosh and linux...just windows 7 works not at the moment
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote tommylee883 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 19:03

Yo!

haven't updated in a while so here it goes!
My plant is now on dat 26 of its flowering period :D , no major problems so far, just a minor glitch with watering!
i wasn't watering her (yes, officially HER!) thoroughly enough so the bottom started drooping, but with some fantastic advice from threads in these forums , i fixed this problem :D
My baby is now huge! and i think ive done a great job for myself considering its my first ever grow!
I've been feeding 2ml Grow, 2ml Bloom, 2ml Topmax and 2ml Alg-a-mic through the flowering so far, and am going to up the doses soon enough along with a dose of epsom salts.
The smell now is really strong, i need to invest in a better carbon filter haha, amongst the well known weed smell, it smells quite fruity and i can not wait to smoke this baby!!

Heres how shes looking!!

hope ya like!
Tommy

(so sorry for the watermarked pics again, sensi does not like my 12.1mp files!!!!!!!)
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 20:41
Good plants so far, though it looks like there's stippling or discolouration of the leaves. I can't tell if this is due to the leaves themselves or if it's just caused by the angle from which the pic was taken.

I know the issue of image resizing has frustrated some forum members who don't use image manipulation software (ACDSee is my favourite).

For the moment a solution is offered by this website:
http://www.picresize.com/

You can upload images to this website and reduce their size by 25, 50 or 75%

We might be able to implement a solution in the forum itself, in the future, but for the moment this is a very easy way to resize images for posting on the forum or in the gallery.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
buffalohunter View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote buffalohunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2010 at 00:08
Looking very nice man! how long has it been altogether with flowering & veg?
mesrin View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote mesrin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2010 at 00:16
glad to see its go so well m8!!!!
When everybody was running, i was planting my seeds...
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote tommylee883 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2010 at 14:24
Originally posted by buffalohunter

Looking very nice man! how long has it been altogether with flowering & veg?
thanks! 2 months on saturday :)
thank you too mesrin :)
Tommy
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote tommylee883 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2010 at 14:27
Originally posted by Ganja

Good plants so far, though it looks like there's stippling or discolouration of the leaves. I can't tell if this is due to the leaves themselves or if it's just caused by the angle from which the pic was taken.

I know the issue of image resizing has frustrated some forum members who don't use image manipulation software (ACDSee is my favourite).

For the moment a solution is offered by this website:
http://www.picresize.com/

You can upload images to this website and reduce their size by 25, 50 or 75%

We might be able to implement a solution in the forum itself, in the future, but for the moment this is a very easy way to resize images for posting on the forum or in the gallery.
Thanks ganja, all the leaves look pretty healthy, but the pic was taken inside my tent along with camera flash so it can give that impression, only the 2 sets of lower 3 bladed leaves are unhealthy, very pale green.

Thanks for the picture info, i hate posting them up with the watermark so ill try the site you suggested next time!

Tommy
bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2010 at 18:36
Originally posted by tommylee883

I've been feeding 2ml Grow, 2ml Bloom, 2ml Topmax and 2ml Alg-a-mic through the flowering so far, and am going to up the doses soon enough along with a dose of epsom salts.

i hope im not to late tommy, but whatever you do, DO NOT feed her epsom salts, this is used for supplying your plants with magnesium, and so is the alg-a-mic, but the alg-a-mic  is much much better as it has other micro nutes in it too.
 the epsom salts should only be fed on its own, if used at the same time as other nutes, it will cause no end of problems.

BM %3ceed%20leaf
I grow weed for my own use and feel no guilt over it.If you want to arrest me,fine,thats your job.My aim is to put real criminals out of business by refusing to pay into the illegal distribution scene
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2010 at 01:44
Originally posted by bartmanuk

but whatever you do, DO NOT feed her epsom salts

Just thought I'd quote Bart to amplify the message... don't use epsom salts as a routine feed. As Barty mentioned alg-a-mic will supply plenty of trace elements, save epsom salts for rectifying Mg deficiency if it occurs.

sara %3c3ceed%3c20leaf
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote tommylee883 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2010 at 20:00
thank you BM and sarah, i won't bother with the epsom salts then! ill stick with the good old alg-a-mic, can't believe my first grow has gone so well :D ive got tonnes of buds forming!! :D:D:D

Tommy
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2010 at 22:18
The best way to use epsom salts is to add it to your bath water after a hard day's gardening and soak in it... it's really good for easing sore muscles and joints %3chumbs%20Up
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote tommylee883 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2010 at 21:30
hey all just a quick update,
plant is now just entering week 6 of flowering, i dont know wether my plant is doing good or bad, seems a tad slow as compared to some other plants at the same stage, ah well, wither way im happy with it considering its my first grow :D
heres a few pics for you guys!

Tommy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>