My first grow diary - Barneys Nightshade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tommylee883 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote tommylee883 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My first grow diary - Barneys Nightshade
    Posted: 05 December 2009 at 10:13
Hey all!
soo the time is NOW! woo!
i've been wanting to grow for quite some time now, but have only recently got my act together and bought everything i need, heres what i got:

1x 1mx1mx2m Grow tent (secret jardin)
1x 400w HPS light w ballast, bulb and reflector
1x 100mm extraction fan with carbon filter
1x timer with built in contactors
1x clip on fan for stem strengthening
1x Biobizz grow
1x Biobizz bloom
1x Biobizz alg-a-mic
1x Biobizz topmax
1x Biobizz lightmix
- soiling pots, 1l / 11l
I have also placed an order for some all-mix for the re potting of my plants when it eventually happens. Heres the story so far:

Day 1 - Monday 30th November

Started the germination process today with 3 seeds, using sensi's reccommebded tissue method

Day 3 - Wednesday 2nd December

First seed has germinated! yess! other two are still idle buggers though, so planted the first in the light mix

Day 5 - Friday 4th December

Other 2 seeds still haven't germinated, but after a gentle check, seed is starting its rooting system, applied a small amount of water (distilled), keeping warm by placing it approx 5 foot under grow light
Also placed the remaining two seeds into germinate

Day 6 - Saturday 5th December

hey guys, ive got some good news today! yay!
After checking my seeds this morning, another one had germinated, so went straight into soil in the lovely and warm grow tent!
Also, when i was placing the newly potted seed in the tent, i noticed that the other baby had started poking its head out of the soil! the root goes in a sort of "n" with the head of the seedling still partly in soil, but emerging :D:D:D sort of like a sperm doing the crab walk lol.

Day 7 tomorrow, hopefully more good news about germinated seeds and maybe the crab walking sperm will have stood up? who knows..

Ill add some more pictures later, the other ones i have were taken from my phone at 12.1mp so the file size is huge, but thats what they staryed out as :)
Tommy

Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote tommylee883 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2009 at 09:46
Day 7 - Sunday 6th December

Good news about the germing seeds,i now have 3 potted up :). Ill give the other two a few days yet to see what they want to do.
As for the seedling, it is completely straight now, the seed is cracked most of the way through and you can see where the stems are developing :) happy days!
ill try get some pics resized for the update
Tommy
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote tommylee883 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2009 at 10:40
The crab walking seed

Second is added

Trying to stand up

Hes stood up now :)

The third is added

Tommy
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2009 at 01:09
Congrats Tommy, you are now growing ganj. %3chumbs%20Up

Best of luck for the rest of your grow,

sara %3ceed%20leaf
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote tommylee883 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2009 at 19:18

Thank you sarah :)

Today, i have good news :) after having to prop the first up until my new clip on fan arrives tomorrow, its showing its tiny lil ganja leaves %3ceed%20leaf
Plant 2 seems to be going strong too, stood upright, just needs to lose the shell and shes away, number 3 so far is a no show :(
heres a couple pics

Plant #1. although the string looks tight in the pic, its not, its a loose single knot, nothing that can cause it any problems

Plant #2. cmon baby lose ur shell and get growing!!

Tommy
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2009 at 00:34
Rather than tie the seedling to a prop, add a little more soil to the pot and bury a bit more of the stem.

You'll need to keep an eye on the second one, if the seed coat dries out too much it may never come off of its own accord. I usually mist with water and flick them off with the end of a skewer if they haven't come off themselves within a couple of days of emerging from the soil.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote tommylee883 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2009 at 07:57
yeah i got advised to gently remove the shell,  i did so and now the leaves are out this morning and it deffinately looks better than the mutant in pot #1 :)
Thanks for the advice on the first one, ill do it after i get back from work today and post a couple more pics :)

Tommy
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote tommylee883 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2009 at 22:04
Time for a quick update me thinks.
Day 10 - Thursday 10th December

My baby plant has come on loads since the last time i updated, the first 2 "ganja" leaves are as big , if not bigger than the original 2 now, which seem to be poking upwards, hmm anybody know why this is? or is it just me being paranoid? just been feeding small amounts of distilled water, enough to get tiny run off from bottom of pot

On a sad note, im down to one final plant now, so im gonna make the most of it, and veg to about 30 inches then send the bitch into flower lol

Heres how she looks so far

The curling upwards i mentioned, not the greatest of pics but you can see the curl

Tommy
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2009 at 23:06
No need to fret, the leaves are fine...

On another note, personally I find it offensive when men refer to their plants using terms that are derogatory to women. Unless your having a real problem with a plant, I'd really like it if you didn't refer to it as a bitch.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote tommylee883 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2009 at 23:45
very sorry sarah, no intentions of offending anybody, especially because of all the great advice ive received here, ill watch my terminology in future posts
Tommy
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2009 at 09:35
Thanks Tommy, I noticed that you said you are using distilled water, is this for any particular reason for using this rather than tap water?

Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote tommylee883 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2009 at 14:33
I'm using distilled just because its easier management for a first time grower like me :) its got perfectly balanced PH of 7 so dont need to worry too much and an EC of 0 so i get total control and know what i have and haven't fed. Also, the water in my area is "hard" with lots of chems, you can see this in the water if you don't let the tap run for a few mins lol, the distilled was only £5 for 10 litres so can't go wrong!

Tommy
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2009 at 03:08
You'll need to keep an eye out for trace element deficiencies with distilled water. Tap water is usually preferred because of the mineral content (particularly calcium and magnesium). Might be better to mix 50/50 distilled with tap to up the mineral content and don't worry about chlorine in the water, the normal level of chlorine in drinking water is not a problem for cannabis plants.

Note - 10 litres of water goes a long way with seedlings but as they grow they use much more water... so the costs will increase as the grow progresses.
bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2009 at 10:57
looking good tommy, shame about the other little one %3c3cuch

i would take saras advice on the distilled water thing dude, using distilled now will most definately cause you problems later in the grow, and being as you are a new grower it will be hard for you work out what to do to rectify it later.

BM %3c3ceed%3c20leaf
I grow weed for my own use and feel no guilt over it.If you want to arrest me,fine,thats your job.My aim is to put real criminals out of business by refusing to pay into the illegal distribution scene
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote tommylee883 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2009 at 13:13
ok thank you guys,
i just watered again with distilled before i read up on my thread, but ive got a pot with some normal tap water in my cupboard now to sit for a couple of days, ill mix it 50/50 from now on and next week start more diluted 'grow'

god damn i cant wait for this baby to get big!
Tommy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>