Been a while Alko's got a Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
alkoholics View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote alkoholics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Been a while Alko's got a Question
    Posted: 09 October 2009 at 04:20
Ok every first off hello to all, i've been busy and with moving and trips and just life so i have been slow at the posting. Here's my question tonight right when my lights went on i took a peek at my ladies fresh 2 weeks into 12/12 just starting to show buds, these are OG Kush clones, ok back on track here lol lights went on so i took a peek and all the leaf tips had water drops coming out of them ive never had this happen, could it just be the plant sweating i fed them yesterday would have pics but camera died as i was trying to take one but also dont figure its needed, they are nice and healthy just wondering why this may have happend and what to do just incase it happens again.

Cheers Alko  
smoke or be smoked
cant always see through my cloud of smoke
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 06:13
It's normal, just means the humidity is getting too high overnight to allow the plants to lose moisture into the surrounding air.

Probably need to bump up the ventilation a bit during lights out.
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alkoholics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 15:09
thanx SL, its still wierd because im using the same grow banet ive been using the whole time and never had that problem before well i will keep my eyes on them maybe get a dehumidifier
smoke or be smoked
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2009 at 01:15
No worries, I see it occasionally in the green house when we have had rainy weather and sometimes when I have had plants covered to induce flowering. 
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alkoholics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2009 at 15:11
ya i think it was because i fed them an hour before lights out that night, i usualy wouldnt do that but they really needed some water.
smoke or be smoked
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2009 at 01:05
lol forgot to add that and meant to with each post. Most likely to occur if plants are watered just before lights out. %3cmbarrass%3cd
PhergusFarma View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote PhergusFarma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2009 at 07:10
i see when big fan leaves touch each other they will sweat water especially during the off or night cycle. keep a low velocity fan blowing on them or a little 4 inch computer fan. you could time it for the night cycle only if thats when the sweating is. if in an above average humidity in your locale, use a fan or air conditioner all the time, to keep it down to 40-60 %. i believe this is accurate, from what ive read in here. a little higher humidity is good for clones, maybe veg, but for bud, the lower end is better. i think the resins are produced to protect the flower, and a lesser humidity in the final stages of bud (turn the fan up) will force the missus to oil up and protect herself.
after 32 years of growing, im starting to get the hang of it, but always learning.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alkoholics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2009 at 16:29
ya it was totaly from watering them before lights out SL, like i said i usually wouldn'twater them before lights out but they were really needing it.

PhergusFarma  thanx for the input but i already know all that and have had this grow going for a while this was the first i had this problem, my humidity is alway for flowering between 43%-60%  60% is a bit high i like to keep it low but sometimes i have to close off the room my cabnet is in and thats when the humidity jumps a bit.
smoke or be smoked
 Post Reply Post Reply