Nutes and lights

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
yoka86 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote yoka86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nutes and lights
    Posted: 08 October 2009 at 04:03
Hello guys,

I am a beginner growing and my seedling has already sprout on sunday. Now I am using a little cup of 110ml and I probably will be transplanting as soon as possible.
My question is now that I ve put the lights 10 cm of the plant but her cotyledons is still a little bit down and the leaves wont grow. So it is ventilated ( temps about 27º and humidity about 70% ). Do you think is that normal and in few days I would see my first big leaves ?
What about my nutes they are raising the ph by itself, is that normal ? Need I to verify my ph every day?

I appreciate your help,

Kayo
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2009 at 11:51
It's too early to expect the leaves to grow rapidly. Initial growth is slow and becomes (in decent conditions) exponentially faster as the foliage develops.

Little foliage = little area to photosynthesise = slow growth
More foliage = more photosynthesis = faster growth, and so on. The rate of growth accelerates rapidly in later vegetation.

Be very careful not to give too much water or too much nutrient at this stage. Both can damage a plant just as easily as they can help it, at this stage.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
yoka86 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote yoka86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 08:32
Now I am giving 0,7 EC on ph about 6... I am trying to put a lot of time a little bit of water, and today she has shown better has growth the serrated leave but still not big growth. Anyway as you said the begin is a slow part of the cycle but I think she is doing well, seems to be health only think is that her height is about 10,5 cm but I hope she can stay strong!
Thanks for your help, I will try to upload pictures late...
yoka86 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote yoka86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2009 at 04:32
6th day under lights

7th day under lights

now she is on 8th day and has got more 0,6 cm between big leaves the small leaves too has growth good.

do you think I am going to need change something on food or light?

right now the lights are 40 cm away and the nutes are 0,8 on ph 6.

I am using two cold fluors and one warm.

the temp is about 27,5ºC and humidty about 68%.

I am going to update with picture soon, but now I don´t have camera to take one!

Hope for tips...

Kayo
PhergusFarma View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote PhergusFarma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2009 at 05:41
looks a bit stretched, you can fill in up to those first (epicotyl) leaves, with whatever medium that is.
yoka86 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote yoka86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2009 at 21:19
Do you mean fill my pot at all ?
yoka86 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote yoka86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2009 at 21:20
It is 7 cm from the soil maybe is my picture I will try to redefine it and upload again
By the way the medium used is coco
yoka86 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote yoka86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2009 at 17:24
Somebody knows if I can use only 2100k Fluor lamps on my flowering room ?
It will works like a hps ?
yoka86 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote yoka86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2009 at 17:30
I mean 2700k fluor lamps...
bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2009 at 20:51
yes you can, but i would imagine you would need approx 400-500watts of them, how big is the space you are going to be flowering in?

BM %3ceed%20leaf
I grow weed for my own use and feel no guilt over it.If you want to arrest me,fine,thats your job.My aim is to put real criminals out of business by refusing to pay into the illegal distribution scene
yoka86 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote yoka86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2009 at 21:40
good , but my doubt everytime is getting bigger I will explain my point...
I already have set a 400w hps but I am with eletricit problems, my energy transformer is turning off about 15min turned on... so I have 3 options, change my whole energy for 220V that I am not sure if that is possible, use the new energy transformer that the guy told me is continuous and would stabilize or by cfl lamps..
I have found a cfl lamp of 65w about 6000 lumens, so how many of them I would need?
My space is 90cm x 60 cm x 140 cm...
bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2009 at 21:48
why are you using a transformer?

BM %3ceed%20leaf
I grow weed for my own use and feel no guilt over it.If you want to arrest me,fine,thats your job.My aim is to put real criminals out of business by refusing to pay into the illegal distribution scene
yoka86 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote yoka86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2009 at 22:15
because my energy is 110v
yoka86 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote yoka86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2009 at 22:16
hps do you think 400watts good or better 250 ?
bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2009 at 22:49
if your energy is 110v, then why dont you just buy 110v rated equipement, this way you dont need a transformer, which means you will be using a lower current, and therefore will not keep causing it to cut out.

and 400w over 250w all day long mate.

BM %3ceed%20leaf
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>