My system dimensions and number of plant

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
brainwasher View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote brainwasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My system dimensions and number of plant
    Posted: 27 September 2009 at 17:48
Finally sorted out most of my confusion thanks to this forum ; )

Anyway some new doubts have grown out … after some thoughts i think i'll go with northern lights for my first indoor experience, easy to grow, good yield, short flowering.

Now my question: i'm starting my activity in a yaroots adv dwc 4, it's dimensions are 75x55, it has 4 pot with 18cm diameter each. The specs says it can host 4 or 8 plants…do you think it is a good idea to try 8? It isn't the space so small? Can I have problems? My lights are 400W (with cooltube so not too hot) and ventilation will be good (big extractor and 2 fans), total grow box space will be 100x80x200.

Thanks in advance
skunkfunk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote skunkfunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2009 at 18:10
Yes with deep water culture I think you'll get away with 8. Put 2 in each pot but keep some distance between the 2 in each pot. Once there growing you can tie them away from each other to fill the spaces on the sides, which is where the main stem will be allowing light to
reach the other branches that will seem in the middle of the pot.

Have no experience with your system. But have grown in a wilma 4 pot system and succesfully grew 8 in that using coco coir as the medium.

Good choice growing northern lights for a first grow. Seems your well ready.

See what others say though.
Why did God give these Humans freewill...Now their all confused.
slinkiseed View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote slinkiseed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2009 at 23:14
I grew White Rhino, in coco, in 2 x 4 pot Wilma systems and 2 x 600w HPS torches, also in a tight space and flipping was tough!

With the 4-pot system, it comes with 11ltr pots, and I struggled so hard to keep my plants at a manageable size for the small closet/room I was using. After establishing good healthy clones, well rooted, I veg'd them for 10 days, with a bit of light training, before setting them to flower, which I'd normally do with this particular strain, in my old NFT / rockwool system.

Even in flower, the first 3 weeks, the plants grew extremely fast and bushy, and I was bitting my nails daily! I did train them to fill the spaces well, but after that, they wanted to touch the roof and got a bit tangled with other colas from other pots. The conditions were perfect throughout, I must add, the end harvest was stunning, and I had to tie up all my main and side colas, but was overall was very hard to manage.

I wish I had gone for a Wilma system, that had only 7.5ltr pots, which I think would have helped with the plants growing speed, and overall size.

I'm just starting a very small trial grow tent now. It's 60 x 60 x 100cm and I'm going to use a 250w 2700K CFL light, with hopefully, a home-made, recirculating, drip feed system using coco. Just waiting for my clones and seedlings to take shape, and I'll post a picture or two, or if it gets interesting, I'll post the entire project.

Post Reply Post Reply