growing with purple cfl lights

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
snoopy85 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote snoopy85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: growing with purple cfl lights
    Posted: 19 August 2009 at 11:39
hello
has anybody some experience in growing with purple cfl lights as example from nlights.
 heard theyre good especially for clones, is that true?hows about flowering?
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2009 at 16:25
Good for clones, fish tanks and African violets... but not much else.
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2009 at 21:04
i remember reading some company trying to sell the purple cfl's as dual spectrum lamps, lol

BM %3ceed%20leaf
I grow weed for my own use and feel no guilt over it.If you want to arrest me,fine,thats your job.My aim is to put real criminals out of business by refusing to pay into the illegal distribution scene
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2009 at 14:46
The first lights I ever used for indoor cannabis cultivation were pink-purple 120cm fluoros, called GrowLux tubes, IIRC.

They gave off the same sort of light you see in fish-tanks and butcher-shop windows.

It was my first indoor grow, so I had nothing to compare them to, but they seemed to work pretty well. Since I was growing bag-seed, little did I know that I had something very Hazey, which filled up the 80x180x200cm wardrobe I was using.

Still, three or four 120cm tubes illuminated these plants well enough to reach full maturity with very big (though not very dense) buds.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
snoopy85 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote snoopy85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2009 at 19:01
thx for your answer..Im gonna test them out and then letrs see what happens...kind regards
 Post Reply Post Reply