Perennial cannabis

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2006 at 17:42
As stated before, Indica, Sativa and Ruderalis are not 'cousins', as they are within the same family and genus. Many botanists also place them within the same species, arguing that there is no fundamental difference between them, that they're just adaptions to different environmental conditions.
forsh View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote forsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2006 at 18:19
 NOW THEN   1 AND ALL    , would just like to say , page 6  , cheers  GANGA  some intrestin sh*t  you wrote   , many thanks for your info , HAPPY GROWIN DUDES Thumbs Up
Grasso View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Grasso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2006 at 18:38
Hello,

stinging nettles are another species which is dioceous and at first sight annual. However the roots survive the winter. In human cultivation hemp is harvested by cutting off or ripping out the whole plant. Then, the field is digged over once or twice, and the following year a different plant is grown. In nature hemp will behave differently. Its stems resemble of elder (big bushes with black berries used for drinks and jams, in German Holunder), hence I suspect that its over-ground skeleton can survive the winter.

Uli
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2006 at 19:08
heh, are we starting the thread over?
Good idea.
Sticky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Sticky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2006 at 03:40
Yeah nice post on page 6 ganja i agree with forsh

I have always found your posts informative and accurate ganja, Sensi are very lucky to have a dood who is so articulate

Hey uli good to hear your still around as well man, You dont hold grudges which in my book is a preaty cool quality in a person

Mutant View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Mutant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2006 at 05:30

Hi,

I'm looking for the ABC myself.

I had a nicer looking version of this cannabis mutation(?) about 14 years ago
which I purchased from a friend who got some seeds from from a bag of
local Skunk X ?? weed - only one seedling had the 'ABC'-like characteristics.
This variation had leaves the size and appearance of small, ruffled
strawberry plant leaves, with each 'finger' leaf having smaller 'fingers'
and each of those having even smaller 'finger' leaves, layered together
such that there were no gaps in the leaves for any light to pass through.
The stems were a deep purple except for the newest stems.

The potency (of the leaves) was about the same as Lawn Grass
yet it looked so awesome - I could have grown it in the front garden
without hiding it & no-one would have realised - not even pot smokers,
until it had flowered (if it had lived that long).

Unfortunately it didn't like being transplanted & died, as did the cuttings
taken from the dying plant in a futile attempt to salvage it.

I have not seen it since in my area, sadly. I've been told that it
or a very similar looking strain is still sometimes available in
Queensland & Northern New South Wales (Australia).

Apparently a heap of seeds were sent to Canada & the US
via 'Cannabis Culture' forum users, some of which have
been hybridized.

Most hybrids have had very low THC levels though one Australian
breeder got a good 'FLO' x 'ABC' which did result in good THC levels.
I cannot (yet, but still trying) find the breeder.

If you have any luck, please post & let me know - I will do likewise.

- Cheers & Good Luck.
twistoneup567 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote twistoneup567 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2006 at 21:31
High, i was wondering if many indica (or even sativa but doubt it) seeds can withstand a cool canadian winters. i am hoping to guerilla grow next year with a mix of strong indicas and sativa's. i was wondering if i let some of them reproduce do you think the seeds would be able to grow next spring at 52* latitude in the foothills of the rocky mountains..? some of the strains consist of ak47, hindu kush, hollowberry (my friends own indica breed), blueberry, blue god (God bud*blueberry), grapefruit, and juicy fruit...
Forever Lovin Jah!!!
rja50 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote rja50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 00:57
It was so nice to read your letter. There were so many lessons being taught. It is good to see "real" smokers and growers pass on their wisdom. Thank you 
Q´sGhost View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Q´sGhost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2007 at 03:44
thats such a cool reanimation of grassos thread 4000 + clicks and last post about a year ago. whole thing is over 2 years old. good smoke for that RJA50. so highhigh
1 TIME FOR YOUR MIND, BODY AND SOUL !
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2007 at 10:21
Originally posted by twistoneup567

High, i was wondering if many indica (or even sativa but doubt it) seeds can withstand a cool canadian winters

It's possible. I think Sativa would be less likely.

Indicas come from Afghanistan and Northern India; wild plants shed their seeds to the ground in autumn and have them germinate in spring. The winter in these locations (also at high altitude) is bitterly cold.

Wild Ruderalis seeds can lie in the soil for several winters before germinating.

So I reckon it's possible. Survival rates might be pretty small, however.

Do you have to let the seeds fall to the ground? couldn't you collect them and plant them normally the next year?

I doubt that seeds lying dormant through winter would make the plants that grew from them any tougher or more resistant to cold.

It might be a useful 'survival of the fittest' test though, as the seeds that do germinate into healthy plants after winter in the soil will probably be the most vigorous of the bunch.

Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123