purple haze indica or sativa dominant?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
muhmuh View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote muhmuh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: purple haze indica or sativa dominant?
    Posted: 15 July 2009 at 12:11
Hey Guys,
I would like to know whether Purple Haze is Indica/Sativa or
Sativa/Indica, because on
http://www.sensiseeds.com/feminized-seeds/default.asp it says
Sativa/Indica and on
http://www.sensiseeds.com/purplehazefeminisiert/5p1520011.htm at the
bottom it says Indica/Sativa.
I'm looking for a plant with a nice
Sativa high that is not knocking you down but lifting you up and makes
you creative. Can you recommend me one of your feminized strains,
which has such a high?

Best regards,
Luke

Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2009 at 14:39
Sativa dominant for sure.

The second listing looks like an error. It shall be changed.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
muhmuh View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote muhmuh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2009 at 22:42

When I google for Purple Haze I read a lot about "Purple Haze is dead, there are no more seeds of the original strain left"

Allegedly everything that is sold under the name Purple Haze is something like Purple Power or Purple #1 or whatever.

Is that really true?

Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2009 at 09:58
Purple Haze was a Jimi Hendrix song. About heroin, or possibly love.

Any Purple Haze weed is a fairly recent release - the strain doesn't date back to the 60s, 70s or even to the 80s (possibly the late 80s, IIRC).

There's no legendary 'original strain', AFAIK, just the Haze parents (which are definitely still going and provide the basis for all true Haze strains), and another parent (probably strong Afghani) which gave the purple tendency.

It's just that the song makes it seem like Purple Haze has been around since the dawning of the Age of Aquarius.
lightsfan View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote lightsfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2009 at 23:02
Hey Bro,The WL Purple haze has A nice uplifting high,with enough indica in the mix to make your eyes A bit heavy.She has A mostly haze flavor,with hints of over ripened fruit.I have been cloning her for 2 years now,& I have used her as A mother in some outstanding hybrids.Good Luck!
muhmuh View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote muhmuh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2009 at 01:34

hey everybody,

I read that purple haze only turns purple, when it is exposed to cold temperatures. some people even claim that every strain would turn purple when they are exposed to cold temperatures ...

if so, how cold does it have to be ? I ask, because I want to grow them indoor ...

Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 15:09
It usually has to be quite cool for the purple tendency to be expressed by any cannabis plant. I'd say below 10C, maybe below 5C.

Indoors, this is going to quite difficult to achieve, except perhaps in winter, in a house that isn't very well heated, at night (assuming the lights run during the day).

Getting an indoor grow-room down to this temp is not desirable for other aspects of cultivation, so I'd advise against it.

Purple is nice to see in a bud, but it has no positive effect whatsoever on potency.
If anything, a plant that has turned purple is likely to be less potent than a clone of the same plant that was grown and flowered to full maturity while staying a healthy green. Purple colouring is a sign of stress.
skunkfunk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote skunkfunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2009 at 18:00
sorry to crash into your thread. But I once grew afghani#1 from sensi I think. Without a change in temperatures and running it at about 21 - 25C the buds had a very strong tinge of sicky pink and all the shade's and little bud leaves turned redish.

It was not the strongest pheno though and the greener ones had better resin production and were very potent.

Never grew purple haze...smoked some and it was a nice upity high and smiley kinda bud, but not purple!!
Why did God give these Humans freewill...Now their all confused.
 Post Reply Post Reply