Pseudo Hydro Grow Diary with Questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ruffyen View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ruffyen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pseudo Hydro Grow Diary with Questions
    Posted: 12 July 2009 at 23:37
AHHHH the kid is back :). Hey all, ok all my vacation/holiday time is over with and I can finally devote some time to everyones favorite plant.

Now I learned a few things from my last grow that I plan to take into round two :). I have all the basics

400w Ballast with 1 HPS bulb(flower) and 1 MH Conversion Bulb(Veg)
Nutes for veg and flower (bio-bizz)
10 Skunk #1 seeds (currently germinating just started today)

Now for the grow medium I was thinking 50/50 perlite/vermiculite. Its too expensive to get a bag of Canna Coco shipped for this grow...maybe next time after I cut the cost of ownership down (more on that later). My questions on the medium is as follows:

After the seeds pop, can I just poke a small 1/4" divet and drop the seeds in...or is there something else I need to do?

Then a question that kind of piggy backs on that:

I am going to be using plastic cups to start the seedlings in later moving them to their final growing space. When using perlite/vermiculite medium what is the best way to transplant...as the medium is not "solid" the way soil is.

I guess I will make this into my first grow diary on the site as well...well I guess technically second...poor first plant...so heres to good luck on this grow and a big thanks in advance for answers to my questions.
alkoholics View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote alkoholics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2009 at 06:44
get some root cubes or peat pucks,  put your seedling in them to get a solid rootball growing,  then transplant them to what you want them in once you notice roots coming out of you cubes or pucks.
smoke or be smoked
cant always see through my cloud of smoke
 Post Reply Post Reply