Andy on Hemp

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
andrewmoquin View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote andrewmoquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Andy on Hemp
    Posted: 22 June 2009 at 10:28
Hi! This is Andy and I'm a newbie here. This is my first post here and I just want to share about hemp.

What is Hemp?

Hemp is a natural fiber product of the Cannabis sativa plant. Astute readers may be aware of other byproducts of this plant, but hemp is produced from a type of Cannabis sativa specifically bred to yield long fibers. Cultivation of hemp for industrial purposes has been undertaken for thousands of years, and hemp was used to manufacture rope, canvas, paper, and clothing until alternative textiles for these purposes were discovered.

Traditionally, hemp has been a very coarse fiber, which made it well suited to rope but less than ideal for clothing designed to be worn against delicate human skin. Advances in breeding of the plants and treatment of the fibers have resulted in a much finer, softer fiber, which is ideal for weaving into clothing. While hemp clothing in the late 20th century came to be associated with fringe movements, it was once widely utilized as a textile: the word canvas, for example, is related to Cannabis, one of the original components of canvas.

from wisegeek.com

Putting commercial links in your .sig makes you look dodgy...
andrewmoquin View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote andrewmoquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2009 at 10:32
What a great recipe! Thanks for sharing it here. I'll ask our housemaid to bake it for me. 
Putting commercial links in your .sig makes you look dodgy...
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2009 at 10:52
Cheers for that bit of copypasta, Andy. The HempFlax folks will be writing it down and sticking it to the fridge, no doubt.

At first I thought this might be a slightly misguided attempt to contribute to the forums until I noticed your .sig contained two links to shopping sites. Nice try.

Moved your other post here as a housekeeping kind of thing.
Speaking of which - you have a housemaid? Spamming must pay well!
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
 Post Reply Post Reply