possible to put all together?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
masteryi View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote masteryi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: possible to put all together?
    Posted: 17 June 2009 at 09:58
Hello everybody:
     Sorry for taking your time to answer.
     Is it possible to put White widow,Super Skunk,Mazar,Master Kush and ice under the same growing system? they are all feminized seeds i bought from diffierent sellers,in oder to better know each character at same period,and according to my limited growing space,i can but take only one seed from one strain,one from another,and totally five different strains seeds to plant together at same time.Please tell me is that possible!
     Thank u very much!
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2009 at 10:25
It is possible. The main difficulty that I'd think of would be the different strains gaining height at different rates. Some taking longer to flower than others wouldn't be a problem, as it's fine to harvest the faster-finishing plants and leave the longer ones to finish.

The part that's harder to judge is the growing phase. Giving all five strains the same growing time before putting them into flower could result in some medium-sized plants and some very tall ones.

I can't remember off the top of my head whether Mazar has a lot of Sativa in it. The other four have some, but are pretty much Indica-dominant, meaning they gain less height than Sativa-heavy strains.

Another issue is the fact that you're growing/flowering seeds rather than clones. Clones can be flowered very small and can be expected to have a consistent height gain. Seeds, on the other hand, often display a 'growth spurt' when flowered small; this shouldn't necessarily lead to them growing out of control, but flowered seedlngs often seem to strive for a minimum height (say, 50cm+).

You can assume that all plants are going to double their height in flowering,l with seedlings and Sativa-heavy strains being capable of multiplying their pre-flowered height by several times.

Best guess would be to grow seedlings until they're 20-30cm high and have five to seven pairs of leaves, then flower. This way, the plants should finish in the region of 50-120cm, even if they display more seedling/Sativa height gain than expected.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
alkoholics View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alkoholics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2009 at 01:56
great answer Ganja
smoke or be smoked
cant always see through my cloud of smoke
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2009 at 07:09
Originally posted by Ganja

I can't remember off the top of my head whether Mazar has a lot of Sativa in it.

Shouldn't have, should be indica dom...
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
masteryi View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote masteryi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2009 at 08:53

I can't remember off the top of my head whether Mazar has a lot of Sativa in it. The other four have some, but are pretty much Indica-dominant, meaning they gain less height than Sativa-heavy strains.

the breeder of Mazar has indicated 100% indica...what on earth is the Mazar?Confusing...
skunkfunk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote skunkfunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2009 at 11:38
Mazar I shariff, from the mountains of Afghanistan where the best hash is made. Strong Indica plants that are short to medium in height.
Why did God give these Humans freewill...Now their all confused.
masteryi View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote masteryi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2009 at 13:22
Thanks for answering...and sorry for three more questions!
1) I can't found any place close to  4ºC to store the rest of seeds,my frigerator always shows the lowest temperature it can make as 8ºC,and the freezer probably is below the zero, how can i do it?
2)I can't either get an accurate temperature which is 21ºC to germinate the seeds in moist tissue way,what can i do?
3)After harvesting,how should i store the crops if i can't use all of them during a quite long term,let's say two months? Will they just loss the potency or anything else by long-term store?
  Please suggest me!thank u!

Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2009 at 13:43
8ºC is okay for seed storage. Are you sure your fridge can't go any lower though? There's usually some sort of dial inside to decrease the temperature. Most fridges will be able to partially freeze liquids when they're turned right down.

Room temperature for germinating seeds is fine - 20-24ºC - it doesn't have to be exactly 21ºC. If your environment is significantly hotter or than this, you can still germinate seeds, just make sure the tissue doesn't dry out.

To store weed for the medium to long term, you can put it in the fridge or freezer. I'd use a glass jar for preference, one of the ones that seals with a wire catch. Ziplock bags are fine too if you're short on fridge space.
Make sure weed is properly dry before placing it in jars/bags.

Some people prefer to cure weed (which can take a while), but for long term storage I prefer pretty fresh bud, properly dried, then stored in jars in the freezer. It can stay in its original state indefinitely this way.
masteryi View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote masteryi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2009 at 14:08

Some people prefer to cure weed (which can take a while), but for long term storage I prefer pretty fresh bud, properly dried, then stored in jars in the freezer. It can stay in its original state indefinitely this way.
you mean let the fresh bud normally dried-up without any man-made treatment,right?
Thank u very much!
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2009 at 15:02
10-15 days hanging in an area with low light levels, at room temperature or cooler and with good airflow.

This will usually get buds to the stage that they can be smoked, stored or started on the curing process.

Never try to speed up the drying process with added heat or light.
 Post Reply Post Reply