White label Feminised Mix

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
zonny50 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote zonny50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: White label Feminised Mix
    Posted: 12 May 2009 at 11:16
hey there

i'm in the most southern part of africa and got 4  beautiful plants from the white label female mix i bought last year march in dam. our power provider has made a monumental screw-up so indoor was not an option for me, unfortunately. but i made a plan and vegged indoors under a rather large cfl and now flowering outdoors but because its out of season i bring em indoors at night. the days are sunny and warm but the nights bitterly cold. i noticed that while veggin the leaves grew exponentially and it looked as though i had mainly indica grow but now half way thru flowering some leaves are slimming out.

is this normal?

i can't upload pics

Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 15:50
Yep, it's quite normal for leaf-blades to change their width during their grow/flower cycle. They can go from very narrow to Indica-fat, or the other way arround.

This is more common in hybrids. Some pure or mostly-pure Indicas and Sativas will maintain a fairly constant blade-width throughout their lives.

How cold does it get at night? If it's just cold by southern hemisphere standards (round about 10C, rather than near-freezing temps that can happen in desert areas at night), it might be better to leave them where they are. Moving larger plants around every day can stress them after a while.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2009 at 09:28
Unless your out on Marion island... I'd just make sure they were under cover when it rains. 
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
zonny50 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote zonny50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2009 at 20:29
well not so far south, near johannesburg. its around 10C at night now but its gonna get colder soon. my only fear is frost seeing as i stay near the bottom of a valley... would b absolutely devastating! i learnt the hard way with rain. got mould in 2 plants unlucky i know.

but they look very healthy and flowering is progressin well. must say i've never grown somethin that looks as awesome as these plants now, my 1st hybrid plantation. thank u sensi %3co%20high

Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 04:29
lol I actually thought you might be on the coast, eg Port Elizabeth or Cape Town when you said the most southern part of Africa.

Near Johannesburg, the nights are a bit different to the coast, but still, frost isn't the major nasty that cannabis folklore would have us believe.

So long as the weather is dry and sunny, an overnight frost wont negatively effect your plants. It may bring out some interesting colours, but as you have already experienced, it is humid, rainy weather that is most likely to produce mould. 

How long have the plants been in flower?

zonny50 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote zonny50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2009 at 18:23
they'r in their 6th week at the mo and lookin great. i have some concerns though cuz bottom leaves r saggin down, some have turned brown then fall off. not a lot of leaves only 2 sets on 2 of the plants. not 2 sure if they'r in shock or i'v given them 2 much juice. i'm given them 5ml per litre water of bio-bloom (2.0-6.0-3.5) and fish-mix (6.0-2.0-4.0) every day, rinsing once a week.

is it possible to follow the flowering time they provide on the sensi seeds website when flowering outdoors?
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2009 at 15:05
It's normal to lose some of the fan leaves from the bottom of the plant when it's flowering and not usually something you need to worry about.

Unless the weather is very hot and dry it isn't usually necessary to water everyday. Wait until the soil dries off a bit before watering again. Neither is it necessary to feed plants everyday. Now that you are in the last few weeks of flowering it would be a good idea to stop feeding with the fish mix.

It is a very good fertilizer to use during vegetative growth and early flowering, but your plants don't need that much nitrogen now. I'd only use it if the plants begin to look very yellow.

Flowering outside usually takes longer than indoors because the plants come into flower slowly as the day length changes. So you can expect an indoor strain to take longer to finish flowering if it is grown outdoors.
zonny50 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote zonny50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 16:41
ok sweet shot.

there is something else happenin now. it gets to about 6 degrees at night and since i've left em outside 3 plants' fan leaves r turning a purple/blue colour on the edges.
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2009 at 03:58
That's a normal response to the cooler nights.

Are your pots sitting directly on the ground? If they are you will be losing heat from your root zone, raise them up a bit so there is an airspace beneath the pots or place a piece of polystyrene underneath the pot to insulate it from the cold ground.

Apart from that, just make sure they are under cover if it rains... Yes, I know, I am repeating myself there, but mouldy buds are to be avoided at all costs.

Hope the weather stays fine fore you,

sara lou %3ceed%20leaf
zonny50 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote zonny50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2009 at 17:53
 they sittin on the brick paving where they get sunlight all day. how cold is cold 4 cannabis?
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2009 at 02:47
The root zone will stay warmer if you raise the pot so it isn't in direct contact with the paving eg) over turn another pot and stick the plant on top.

Can't answer the cold question with an absolute number...  too many variables.
 Post Reply Post Reply