CO2 production

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
keydet46 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote keydet46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CO2 production
    Posted: 03 April 2009 at 03:29
I was just setting up my mosquito magnet to try and clear the back area of the no see ums and mosquitos when a sudden thing occured to me!!!%3clap The way this darn thing works is by mimicing the human breath to attract the bugs. In other words it produces CO2!! Has anybody ever used one of these things for co2 enrichment? It will run for 21 days on a tank of propane. It is flameless and very safe. Of course it says right on it for outdoor use only, but why wouldn't it work for CO2 enrichmet. One of them is a whole lot ceaper than a commercial CO2 generator which, I think can cost as much as a grand. They have about doubled in price since I bought this one, now about $260, but I already have this one to trap mosquitos, so why wouldn't it work? I'd appreciate any feedback. By the way I have included my latest close-up.
As you get older, time seems to speed up! Slow it down by planting a seed and wait for it to grow!!!!
blackmore View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote blackmore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2009 at 09:01
i guess it should work. 
bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2009 at 14:49

hey keydet,

how big is your growspace? and dont you have any extraction and inlets?

BM %3ceed%20leaf

I grow weed for my own use and feel no guilt over it.If you want to arrest me,fine,thats your job.My aim is to put real criminals out of business by refusing to pay into the illegal distribution scene
keydet46 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote keydet46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2009 at 19:41

My grow area is a standard spare bath. I use the tub/shower area for the mylar tent area. It is .7 M Deep X 1.85 M Wide X 2 M High. The overall size of the bath is 2 M Wide X 3 M Long X 2 M High. It has a standard exaust fan for extraction. The window is covered with black plastic and the door is sealed for the 12 Hours of darkness. During the 12 H light the door is left open for pleanty of fresh air.

I just happened to stumble upon this Idea while setting up to get rid of the bugs in the area around my patio. I have actually had this thing for about 4 years but just hadn't connected the two together because I started my grow in January and there aren't many mosquitos in the deep south at that time of year.
As you get older, time seems to speed up! Slow it down by planting a seed and wait for it to grow!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply