Crude hash making ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Schwarzenegger View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Schwarzenegger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crude hash making ?
    Posted: 08 August 2013 at 20:54
As I am the proud owner of a rather large quantity of low class trimmings,I am interested in finding a simple method of making hashisch without the use of a screen or ice bag.

I remember once having read that some afghans boil their plants in water, take out the loose leaf and twigs ,and boil untill all water is left , and a dark brown mass remains.

This method appeals to me a lot , as it does not involve having to buy any equipment.

How would I go about exactly, is there an amount of time i need to cook the plant? how do i make sure I dont loose all cannabinoid oils by the time i take out the leafs? ( as all of the oil will sit on top pf the water)

OR: IT may very well be a stupid idea, what do you guys think?
"New shit has come to light, man" -the big Lebowski
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2013 at 05:30
Personally, if it's low grade trim I would just make butter. I've made ice water hash without screens or bags... but I did have a lot of lower end sativa buds to dispose of at the time... don't know if it would be worthwhile with the material you have.

I just used a piece of sheer fabric to drain the water off the resin... there is a tute with pics here - http://www.strainhunters.com/forums/topic/3112-the-gumby-gravity-hash-tutorial/

What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote Schwarzenegger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2013 at 09:41
If the yield of a gumby hash run would be substantially low the first run, I will make edibles from the trim anyway.Making butter is a last resort.

My aim this time is making smokeables.
I got 12 grams of top notch gear ( organic indoor bud) for the coming 2 weeks, which is a bit too little for my liking.I rather have 10 extra grams of good dope than a batch of cookies.

Maybe , if no one knows any other method, i will do this gumby style
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2013 at 12:28
Hey Arnie ive seen pics on line where people put the leaf into a jar, tie a piece of women's(or mens!) nylon tights/stockings over the top, then turn upside down and shake like a lunatic! I have never tried it and from the pics i saw the hash looked a bit green but it might be worth a try.

I think sarah louise may have tried this a few years ago? And clever chic that she is, she used a kilner jar, put the stocking over the top and then closed the lid, shake, then open the jar upside down and collect the kief from inside the lid.
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote Schwarzenegger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2013 at 12:33
I have done that technique too.
The sad thing is that the quality and yield are dramatic if the trimmings arent freezed.
 I have no money for a freezer.
Money is getting really tight here..

I have a mixer, some buckets and a whole lot of trims...if i would have had a freezer, the gumby method would be excellent in the first place

both nylon and gumby are in my standard repertoire, thats why i was thinking about a boiling hash type of technique ( i could go out in the country with my little car, and boil all hash , but i have no idea how to do that boiling )
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2013 at 14:44
Ive never heard of that boiling tech, do you have a link to some info? Would you not smoke the leaves when your bud runs out? I do, when my bud runs out id rather smoke my trimmings than buy that sprayed crap from a dealer. 
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote Schwarzenegger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2013 at 18:44
smoking un extracted leaf is what I am trying to avoid.

I do have connections to a few good growers.
If i had money I could buy good unsprayed bud, like I have been doing for almost a year now.

martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2013 at 14:57
boiling in water than you need still a solvent, thc doesnt solve in water, so you need, benzene, toluene or others like the harmless alcohol.
so boil in water, than ad the alcohol,  mix, cool, down, suck the alcohol (on the top) away, let it dry.. ready..
thats the simple story, but be carefull fire! explosions etc.
do it outdoors is always the advise..
 a friend did an experiment on his grass field, looked safe but the solvent( gas in this case) was hiding in the grassfield... fire... and the whole grassfield was burned!
Some say friends do not exist, we cant make words for things that do not exist...
Willie van het Kerkhof, Groningen NL
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2013 at 10:34
what i did a while a go was
knead wet leafs and press in the hand,water comes out, dry it a little and ready within a few hours. good smokeable, it looks like Manali bnut smokes like weed!
Some say friends do not exist, we cant make words for things that do not exist...
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2013 at 10:37
in the cannabis flower section there is a picture of mine,of the """manali""
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote Schwarzenegger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2013 at 20:28
Nice advice, but i dont really appreciate smoking chlorophyl remnants
for the moment I am sorted= a friend gave me 2 grams of pure weed-oil.

The bags of leaf and trimmings will be used to feed current flowering plants.

Post Reply Post Reply