Industrial Hemp > Hempflax > A €100,000 Reward to Prove Us Wrong!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

The Challenge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CowardlyCustard View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2016 at 14:05
and finally co2 is good, water vapor bad, mechanical and electronically derived heat waste also bad. co2 levels directly relate to plant growth and end dry organic material weight so higher levels makes happier plants. plants transpire water vapor, water vapor collects thermal radiation from any source not just the sun like co2 does. this is the tricky bit, take the water vapor out of the air. the temps would go down naturally but how you do it without electricity and the heat generated by the process and all of this on a global scale is a mind boggling question. pretty sure there must be some kind of organic way of doing but who knows? not sure what the consequences of that type of Geo-engineering may be but with the way things are its going to take some serious abstract thinking to solve the problems that face us as a sentient race of beings who's future descendants are facing extinction in the not so distant future. (in the geological sense)
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2016 at 15:01
i would like a riposte or rebuttal at some point please.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2016 at 23:45
oh and just on a further note when you say "soil restored", could you describe to me the action by which the hemp or flax will "restore" the micro flora and fauna in the soil that has been destroyed by over use of chemical fertilizer and pesticides and herbicides over the last century as that would seem like a pretty big task to me and i dont think hemp can do it and im pretty sure they wont just spontaneously reappear either. again i await your counter.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2016 at 19:36
just a little more food for thought about practical realities and growing populations versus finite natural resources.

http://www.devex.com/news/time-to-end-the-false-debate-of-organic-vs-mineral-fertilizer-85982
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2016 at 19:55
usually when someone doesnt reply to a retort to their claim on the internet its because they find their defense untenable. i would like a reply rebuking what i have said in terms of saving the planet with hemp. 
Nec Plus Ultra
Charly Sensi View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Charly Sensi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2016 at 13:24
Hello CC

Sorry for the late reply, I normally don't come in the HempFlax part of the Forum.

Now, I've read the links you've posted, they're really interesting, but again, you should read properly what the original post was saying :

provide proof to the contrary of the following proposition:

If the greenhouse effect were to be reversed by a ban on all fossil fuels and their derivatives, or if their use were to come to an end, and no more trees were allowed to be felled in order to prevent further deforestation, then there would be one natural resource able to supply the greater part of the world’s demand for products such as paper, food, textiles and construction material. This annually renewable resource can also provide energy to the industry, transport and the home. Meanwhile, the soil and the atmosphere on Earth can be restored and pollution reduced. This sustainable resource does it all at one time and is an old acquaintance: cannabis – hemp.’

Your arguments are pretty good, but the point was not to find solutions to save the planet, no matter how logical or senseless they are, but it was to prove that this specific sentence wrong, and sorry, but you haven't.

Hemp is not the only thing that can save our planet, let's be realistic, but as you said, if we would stop all the HID lamps to grow outdoor, that could be a pretty good start on saving energy, but hard to do when it can get you to jail.

Anyway, was a nice try .

Talk to you soon.

Charly Sensi.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2016 at 11:37
thanks Charly and thank you for your reply. i'm still pretty sure the logistics of using hemp to to feed, shelter and clothe most of the worlds population is an impossible ask. if the planet had a lot less people on it, maybe it could work but where would you grow it as by the time people come round to the idea there will be billions more of us and all of the available land and usable water will be spoken for. so its a nice statement in principal but the practical realities of it are such that it wont happen ever.
Nec Plus Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456