new grow but not a new grower!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
doctor robert View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote doctor robert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new grow but not a new grower!
    Posted: 18 March 2009 at 02:58
%3ceed%20leaf%3ceed%20leafhi,im a newie from the uk starting one indoors their about 10cm tall and id say about 4 week old the reason i dont know 4 shaw is because ive only had them a week from a friend of a friend you know the one, a bit of a pineapple express turn out, i think some asians got turned over in the process but thats another story!! and thats why i dont know the correct strain i got told their eather a s.s.haze or cheese ill get a camara soon and maybe someone can help me with the i.d %3ceed%20leafanyway i have a few questions %3ceed%20leafi have a run to waste system using rockwool and clay pebbles and using canna a/b nutes%3ceed%20leaf%3ceed%20leaf%3ceed%20leafwhat are they like??? and how often ??ive been feeding every 2/3 hours with an e.c of 16 at the start of week now they have setled in and looking good e.c 18/20 should i stay at that or feed 2/3 times aday and just p.h water inbetween feeds??? can anyone pls help
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote doctor robert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2009 at 03:16
Originally posted by doctor robert

%3c3ceed%3c20leaf%3c3ceed%3c20leafhi,im a newie from the uk starting one indoors their about 10cm tall and id say about 4 week old the reason i dont know 4 shaw is because ive only had them a week from a friend of a friend you know the one, a bit of a pineapple express turn out, i think some asians got turned over in the process but thats another story!! and thats why i dont know the correct strain i got told their eather a s.s.haze or cheese ill get a camara soon and maybe someone can help me with the i.d %3c3ceed%3c20leafanyway i have a few questions %3c3ceed%3c20leafi have a run to waste system using rockwool and clay pebbles and using canna a/b nutes%3c3ceed%3c20leaf%3c3ceed%3c20leaf%3c3ceed%3c20leafwhat are they like??? and how often ??ive been feeding every 2/3 hours with an e.c of 16 at the start of week now they have setled in and looking good e.c 18/20 should i stay at that or feed 2/3 times aday and just p.h water inbetween feeds??? can anyone pls help
%3ceed%20leaf%3ceed%20leaf%3ceed%20leafp.s im  ALLWAYS learning and not a doctor %3ceed%20leaf%3ceed%20leafdoctor robert is the name of a beatles song%3ceed%20leaf%3ceed%20leafbut you can just call me doctor,he!he!or by my real name matty ,cheers
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2009 at 03:53
All the thais and chinks round here grow mango or nl/bigbud. Never get any variety off them. Should be easy to tell if yours is a cheese or ssh, they will definatly look different and smell different. What cheese do you have, big buddha, gh, hgf or the exodus cut?

About the nutes, what canna nutes are you using? An a+b nute for rockwool and clay pebbles? I am using canna coco a+b on my coco plants and its good stuff, has everything they need, so if you've the specific nutes, then they'll do the job nice.

I'm not an expert, or even a novice at rockwool and clay pebble growing. So i don't know how often you should be watering them. Every 2/3 hours seems alot to me, but i top water at the moment, and dont have a drip system, plus rockwool dries out quick and clay pebbles hold no water like coco and soil.

So i guess if your plants are looking good with the timing of the feeds you have now, keep at it. They'll probably need watering more often once in flower, but for now you should be good.

With the ph, id say you need to do that everytime you make feed water. Rockwool is a bit dodgy on the ole ph, so you need to keep ontop of it. As its run to waste, you dont have to worry about ph and ec changing as you would in a recirculating system. So thats a plus.

Your ec value sounds about right. EC 1.8.2.0 is what i am feeding my coco plants right now, and they are in flower for a few days now. Remember to account for your background EC though. If you are not using RO water, the water will have an EC of its own. My tap water is EC 0.28-0.29, so when i mix a feed of EC 2.0 for my plant, i actually add nutes until the EC is 2.29, otherwise if i only did it to 2.0, i'd only be feeding EC 1.71 of nutes. So keeo that in mind also and check your tap water EC.

Good luck with the grow, would like to see some pictures. Especially of the ssh, allways hear people saying it's the best sativa hybrid out there.
Green-Thumb Growing
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote doctor robert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2009 at 12:15
%3ceed%20leaf %3ceed%20leaf %3ceed%20leafthanks solid very helpful indeed ill put u on my friends list now if you dont mind you never said what u are growing! how long left?
%3ceed%20leaf%3ceed%20leafanyway ill try and get a camara u probably know what ur looking at!!
well im in the south uk well essex and the water is hard here and as it happends canna cater for just that its a hydro vega hard 2 part %3ceed%20leaf%3ceed%20leaf%3ceed%20leaf
solid do you know if you can get a e.metor/tester 4 ur nutes what tells you ur % of N.P ect that would be cool !%3ceed%20leaf%3ceed%20leaf
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2009 at 00:35
Hi Matty, welcome to the forum. Like Solid, I'm using canna's coco specific nutrients and have no complaints. I can't see you having to many nute related issues with canna (unless you really stray from the guidelines), they are pretty well idiot proof.

I'll move your post over to the indoor forum, so that people can find your log more easily.

sara lou %3ceed%20leaf

What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2009 at 01:30
I'll accept the friend request now. And good job on the nutes, those will work great.

As for ec/ph sticks, i've never seen nor heard of one that shows you the NPK ratio, and i dont really think it would help that much. There are many other elements the plants need too, so an EC stick is the easiest, universal method of doing it and works really well .Ebay is your friend for things like this. They charge £50 each for a ph and ec stick at my local hydroshop, but i got mine on ebay for £20 each and they work perfectly well. Both accurate to .00, 1 point calibration, and the ph ones has a temperature thing on it too. Which is a bit confusing sometimes as the ph changes with the temp of the water. Though its good to make sure you don't feed too hot or too cold a feed to the plants.

Now, what am i growing? My diary is in the indoor growing section and has all the varities i'm growing in the title at the moment. But just for you here and now, lol, i'm growing sweet tai, sweet afghani, white widow x big bud, ch9 flower, ukcheese and tiburan (shark). Did have an ice on the go too but it died after germinating.

I'm searching for new mother plants right now, and will be doing so for the next 12 months with a like-minded friend in varities we both want to try, and have faith will produce some real crackers. There could then be the possibility of some breeding with these selected mothers using a stash of select regular seeds i have hanging about. Jack Herer/Black Domina x C99 anyone, or perhaps white widow/black domina x G13 bx1, ukcheese x sweet tai/santa marta c gold, ukcheese x purps/c4xblack russian? There's some real exiciting possibilities of then finding even better plants in these crosses. That's what i'm uop to the next 12 months, what you got planned after this grow?
Green-Thumb Growing
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote doctor robert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2009 at 07:52
%3ceed%20leaf%3ceed%20leafbloody norrah,where do you grow in the eden project that would be nice eh!!%3ceed%20leaf%3ceed%20leaf
   i think its really underrated but ive allways wanted 2 try sensi N.L what have u got 2 say about that???%3ceed%20leaf%3ceed%20leaf%3ceed%20leaf%3ceed%20leaf have u grown it ?? people say N.L 5+HAZE but for the short time your getting an extra crop ayear!!%3ceed%20leaf%3ceed%20leaf%3ceed%20leaf its just something ive always fancyed.
%3ceed%20leaf%3ceed%20leafsolid listen, ive got a new topic:look ,look, look..check it out,mat%3ceed%20leaf%3ceed%20leaf  
alkoholics View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alkoholics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2009 at 15:57
Welcome to Sensi Doc, hope you find the help your looking for!! this site will help you turn into a MAD SCIENTIST instead of a Doctor lol enjoy.  
smoke or be smoked
cant always see through my cloud of smoke
bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2009 at 02:20
Originally posted by doctor robert

%3c3ceed%3c20leaf%3c3ceed%3c20leafbloody norrah,where do you grow in the eden project that would be nice eh!!%3c3ceed%3c20leaf%3c3ceed%3c20leaf
   i think its really underrated but ive allways wanted 2 try sensi N.L what have u got 2 say about that???%3c3ceed%3c20leaf%3c3ceed%3c20leaf%3c3ceed%3c20leaf%3c3ceed%3c20leaf have u grown it ?? people say N.L 5+HAZE but for the short time your getting an extra crop ayear!!%3c3ceed%3c20leaf%3c3ceed%3c20leaf%3c3ceed%3c20leaf its just something ive always fancyed.
%3c3ceed%3c20leaf%3c3ceed%3c20leafsolid listen, ive got a new topic:look ,look, look..check it out,mat%3c3ceed%3c20leaf%3c3ceed%3c20leaf  

welcome doctor rob,
ive got a mate who always grows nl, hes tried a few different breeders versions, which ive always got to smoke, and IMO sensi nl is the best ive tried.

BM %3ceed%20leaf
I grow weed for my own use and feel no guilt over it.If you want to arrest me,fine,thats your job.My aim is to put real criminals out of business by refusing to pay into the illegal distribution scene
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote doctor robert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2009 at 04:15

does anyone think that co2 will make a big differants of course in a big grow, but in a small room how much % do you think they will benefit (if any)???? ive seen a link where you can make your own co2 for 1euro per day, basiclly its like making your own beer but only with sugar and yeast is it worth the agg???if u think it is and u want to give it a go ill find the link for you!!and i might do it with you but is it more trouble than its worth?????

bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2009 at 09:31
as long as you have a properly set up extractor, with a fresh air inlet, then that will provide ALL the co2 plants will need in a small grow.

BM %3ceed%20leaf
I grow weed for my own use and feel no guilt over it.If you want to arrest me,fine,thats your job.My aim is to put real criminals out of business by refusing to pay into the illegal distribution scene
 Post Reply Post Reply