Stews SS and JP

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
stewie01 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote stewie01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2009 at 20:54
i think my next grow will have to be White widow or afghan as there the back bone of all good weed. but from your bud shots i would not mind at all to a bit of your uk cheese.%3cot%20smoki%3cg

Pics are still on there way in a day or two Ive lost the power adaptor to vharge the camera so until it turns up no pics....

but i have a few more questions to keep you all on your toes.

im planning on flowering on day 28, a week away, and the plants will have about 5 to 6 sets of leaves, about 25cm high.

1. the plant im going to top, is it ok to top the day before i turn to 12/12 or is there a better time to do it??

2. The JPs are in smaller pots maybe 6/7litre to keep them smaller in size (which isnt working as there shooting up). Is this bad for them ie will the roots kill each other or anything of that nature,

3. Theres three JP. when will they start showing sex, before flower or during the start of flowering. i ask because i dont want them ruining the girls for one and also i dont think the 250W hps would be able for 7 plants.

Thoughts??

Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2009 at 00:47
Top the plant a few days before you flower to let it get over the stress of it. Also allows a bit of time for the lower shoots to grow upwards more, so the longer before the better really. Topping at the 4=6th node is usual for alot of people. I usually go the higher end and top abive the 6th node. My plants are usually about 12-15 inches tall when i flower.

The JP's in small pots wont do really. You'll need bigger ones for flowering. Sativa heavy varieties often grow much more roots and need more space fvor their roots to grow. 10 litre is a absolute minimum for flowering in my opinion, and i only put my smallest plants into 10 litres, i usually go with 12 or 15 litre pots.

The JP's will show sex when they are mature, which could be in veg if left long enough, but i'd not recommened that, as they'll probably stretch like all hell, so you'll want to put them in when they are smaller. The stretching could be to do with not much light, lots of plants croded together, to small a pot. So get them into bigger pots and whack them into flower 2 days after the repot, and throw the males as soon as they sown sex, then stick your SS which you topped and have been recovering in to replace the males.
Green-Thumb Growing
stewie01 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote stewie01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2009 at 11:07

thanks solid the problem with your suggestion is that i only have the one grow room so they will all have to go into flower at the same time.

also if i repot il have to throw one before i know there sex as there is only enough room for 2 more 11L pots. i should put up pics of the JP and maybe someone could possably see early signs of sex.
stewie01 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote stewie01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2009 at 16:35
Day 24 of Veg:

Heres the first pic. couldnt get my good camera so this image isnt the best. hopefully il have the other one when it comes to take some close ups to identify the sexes of the JP.

also i topped the 3 leafer today and repotted 2 of the JP and got rid of one (hopefully not a lady) so the JP are not in the pots in the pic anymore. now they'll have 4 days to recover before going 12/12.

The SS are on the left and JP on the right. better pics to come soon.   

Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2009 at 11:55
What size pots are the JP in there? Look a little small. Will you be repotting the ladies into larger pots once you spot the males. If you can spot them early on the first week, which i usually can as plants are sexually mature or near it before they go in, then a repot wont be so much of a biggie. They will need the same size as the SS to come real good.
Green-Thumb Growing
stewie01 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote stewie01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2009 at 18:23
Hey wats up.

Update on my SS adn JP.

Flowering day 10.

Size bout 60cm. water them about a litre every 3 days (is this to little???) with 1ml of biobizz bloom grow topmax.

They've shot up in the last 4-5 days.

Im also concerned about 250w HPS not having enough light for the 5 plantsin my size area (2x4x8) opinions??
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2009 at 01:03
I'd have less than that under there. Two would be better. Would yield more than cramming them in too much. I learnt the hard way. Up the top max aswell. Its not strong and its not the most amazing additive, 1ml is very weak.

As for feeding, if they only want a litre every 3 days then that is enough. Pick up the pots to see when they are dry and very light and you'll know.
Green-Thumb Growing
stewie01 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote stewie01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2009 at 12:45
hey solid

i think il keep them in there and see how they develop. i kind of try and keep the grow similar to Yaels grow diary as it resulted in such great yeild. and i have a similar set up and space. so hopefully the 5 will be ok.

on a different note.

when im watching ''investigative reports'' or documentarys on cannabis in england they always go on about the new super strenght skunk on the streets that are ruining the children. is this all BS or is it wat im growing right now. im thiinking BS but would like some peoples views to expand my knowledge.
bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2009 at 21:22
Originally posted by stewie01

when im watching ''investigative reports'' or documentarys on cannabis in england they always go on about the new super strenght skunk on the streets that are ruining the children. is this all BS or is it wat im growing right now. im thiinking BS but would like some peoples views to expand my knowledge.

its bullshit to a certain degree, well grown quality weed now, is no different than well grown quality weed from the late 80's early 90's.
 the reason for these reports are because this so called super strength weed is much more readily available, with many more varieties to choose from.
lets face it, who can honestly say that they can buy a bit of weed from a street dealer thats better quality than weed they bought from street dealers 10 or 20 years ago? i know i cant.
i agree that the undeveloped minds of youngsters can be affected by the strong weeds, but again, these weeds have been around for years, and if the government got their heads out of their arses, they could control the supplies, and youngsters could be stopped from using it until they are old enough.

BM %3ceed%20leaf
I grow weed for my own use and feel no guilt over it.If you want to arrest me,fine,thats your job.My aim is to put real criminals out of business by refusing to pay into the illegal distribution scene
Heavenly_Grasss View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Heavenly_Grasss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2009 at 00:06
   Nice thread man...    very informative   
Heavenly_Grasss
Nemo View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Nemo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2009 at 14:14
Originally posted by stewie01

hey solid

i think il keep them in there and see how they develop. i kind of try and keep the grow similar to Yaels grow diary as it resulted in such great yeild. and i have a similar set up and space. so hopefully the 5 will be ok.

on a different note.

About the number of plants. If you are only going to do a couple of strains each time then I would reduce the number - you will get better results for each plant and probably a higher yield overall. However, it isn't totally cramped in your space and light, so you should still get decent results - so if next time you wanted to do 4 different strains then I see no reason not to do 4 or 5 plants in there.

Basically, if I were you with that rig I'd do 2 or 3 plants, and only do a higher number than that if there was a specific reason to (such as wanting to do 4 or 5 different strains in one run, or runnign as many of 1 strain as possible to find a mother plant).

Like at the minute I am relying on running about 8-10 under a 400w hps in a 1.2m x 1.2m space, but I am only doing this because I want more strain variety and am currently looking for mothers. I have sacrificed some final yield for variety and other purposes. If I was just growing a couple of strains then I'd probably limit myself to 4 plants in there.

About the mental health/skunk issues.

1 - When the media (and most scientists) say "skunk" they don't mean the strains skunk#1 or superskunk. They mean "high thc weed". The do not have a feckin clue what the words they use mean. So either worry about canna generally or don't, but don't worry about your strains unless you personally don't like them for whatever reason.

2 - Even the evidence which does correlate canna use with mental health issues says that you'd need to reduce the number of canna users by tens of thousands just to stop ONE case of schitzophrenia from being triggered.

3 - Even the evidence which does correlate canna use with mental health issues has not established a cause/effect relationship between the two. It just says that if you ALREADY HAVE an underlying prblem then cannabis may antagonise or trigger it. Even this is not proven though, there is just as much evidence to suggest that people with mental health issues seek out cannabis (they also seek out cigarettes and alcohol), and a lot of personal testimony which suggests cannabis may even help with some mental conditions.

4 - A lot of the "evidence" is about children, but gets talked about as if it relates to adults. Kids shouldn't smoke weed, and if they do should not do so in quantity or regularly. I hope we all know this. As BM says their brains are not yet fully developed. This is just the same as not allowing kids to get pissed on booze every night, and does not relate to the general effects of cannabis on the brain - more the effect of ALL drugs on undeveloped adolescent brains.

5 - I do agree with BM that the weed now is better than the 80's and 90's, but I also know plenty of older smokers who say nothing they get now is even close to the potency of the hashish they got in the 70s. I remain unconvinced that this "new high potency" thing is entirely true. There's still a lot of poor quality weed out there commercially too.

6 - Also, do not be fooled if you see the phrase "gentically modified" being thrown around too. This is also scaremongering bullsh*t. What they really mean is "selectively bred", the same way humans have for every food crop, farm animal and domestic animal since we first moved from being hunter gatherers to settled farmers.

I think it should be clear how little evidence there is for the "problems" caused by cannabis just from the fact that the government's own scientists advised them not to reclassify to class B. If there was any genuine evidence out there then the panel would have backed the UK government's reclassification, not opposed it.
Sensi's collection of Indoor Cannabis Seeds

No Turn Unstoned
stewie01 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote stewie01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2009 at 19:42

cheers everyone for the input very informative. my mind has been broadened. %3chumbs%20Up

on your other advice regarding my plants Nemo you have nearly convinced me to get rid of one. the only problem is a SS or my jamaican pearl. keeping them all SS and they'll finish near the same time whereas the JP will go on for 3 4 weeks more???? or will it???? and that might cause problems for me with the folks i live with. solve that one and your hired.

thanks again for the advice

Nemo View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Nemo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2009 at 20:28
Haha no chance dude I have enough trouble making my own decisions!

All I can say is I'd ALWAYS choose variety if possible.
Sensi's collection of Indoor Cannabis Seeds

No Turn Unstoned
alkoholics View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alkoholics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2009 at 06:20
i wouldnt get rid of the fifth one i do usualy 5 under my 250W and get 1-1.5oz a  plant, ya im sure 4 or 3 it may be more benificial.
smoke or be smoked
cant always see through my cloud of smoke
stewie01 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote stewie01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 18:23

if only i was a decisive person, now i want to keep them all. and when the SS finish up the JP will have the light all to its self for the last 2-3 weeks so maybe il keep them. ahhhhhhh.

Another question anyone ever grow SS or JP and if so whats the smoke like??? my blueberrys before were Knock out stuff.

Also i have a brand new bulb sitting in a drawer. Do you think a new bulb would be beneficail to the plants as the current one went through nearly a 100 days of growing???

cheers
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>