Advice needed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
housemaster View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote housemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advice needed
    Posted: 08 March 2009 at 22:34
Hi, please could someone offer some advice?

I have a 1m squared Homebox with a 600w Philips Son-t Plus, not cooltube, reflector with humidifier, carbon filter, extractor, fans etc. The temp is 25 - 27 degrees, 50 - 60 percent humidity. I have 8 plants - White Russian, Lemon Skunk and Sweet Thai. Theyre in 20cm x20cm square pots. Using Biobizz in Biocanna Soil and shooting powder in the last 3 weeks.  Its my 5th grow and at the end of each 9 weeks I only get about an ounce a plant or less. I dry the buds well for about 2 weeks and cure them in jars, but it does not hammer me like the same weed in Amsterdam. It lacks flavour, odour and potency. It happened with Northern Lights, Power Kush, Super Skunk, Lemon Skunk, White Widow, AK47, Critical and Sweet Thai. Please note, root systems are well developed and stems are thick, plants look healthy.

How can I get more and how can I get the smell, potency etc?

alkoholics View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alkoholics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2009 at 00:14
what bio-bizz nutes you useing
smoke or be smoked
cant always see through my cloud of smoke
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote housemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2009 at 16:06
Hi, sorry for the late reply, I use Biogrow, Biobloom, Root Juice and Top Max.
skunkfunk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote skunkfunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2009 at 19:58
Try bigger pots too, hte nutrients your using is fine. Usually igo for 2 gallon poots ( 11litres ), gives me 2oz a plant, also the last week or too I flush em to death, the whole plant looks yellow and dying but the buds produce more resin, and still look great after a trim and then a 6 week cure....the bit I worry over the most.
bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2009 at 22:45
Originally posted by housemaster

Hi, please could someone offer some advice?

I have a 1m squared Homebox with a 600w Philips Son-t Plus, not cooltube, reflector with humidifier, carbon filter, extractor, fans etc. The temp is 25 - 27 degrees, 50 - 60 percent humidity. I have 8 plants - White Russian, Lemon Skunk and Sweet Thai. Theyre in 20cm x20cm square pots. Using Biobizz in Biocanna Soil and shooting powder in the last 3 weeks.  Its my 5th grow and at the end of each 9 weeks I only get about an ounce a plant or less. I dry the buds well for about 2 weeks and cure them in jars, but it does not hammer me like the same weed in Amsterdam. It lacks flavour, odour and potency. It happened with Northern Lights, Power Kush, Super Skunk, Lemon Skunk, White Widow, AK47, Critical and Sweet Thai. Please note, root systems are well developed and stems are thick, plants look healthy.

How can I get more and how can I get the smell, potency etc?

hi housemaster,

your temps are ever so slightly high, and your rh is to high for flowering, try to get temps between 18-23c, and your rh 30-40% during flowering.

you say 'at the end of 9 weeks', is this your total cycle time, or just your flowering time? if its just the flowering time, does this mean you flower all plants for 9 weeks? no matter what the strain?

what feeding schedule do you use?

some pictures of previous and current grows would help get an idea of your plants welbeing.

BM %3c3ceed%3c20leaf
I grow weed for my own use and feel no guilt over it.If you want to arrest me,fine,thats your job.My aim is to put real criminals out of business by refusing to pay into the illegal distribution scene
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote housemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2009 at 16:19
Thanks a lot mate. I am trying some larger round pots at the moment. When I flush the last 3 weeks, my plants are not really yellow, still pretty green. The last 3 days I do not give them anything. Sould I give them nothing for 5 days for instance? Would that help? 2 oz sounds much more like it! 6 weeks. Thats really long! Not sure I could hold out that long... Thanks bud.  
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote housemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2009 at 16:44
Hi there, thanks for getting back to me. Regarding the temp, where I live, its winter now and I have those temps, in the summer, it goes up to 32 degrees. What does rh mean? I usually have 30% humidity with the humidifier off. Will leave it off then until summer. By 9 weeks I mean flowering, and I flower strain for the period indicated on the packets. Each strain is different, 9 weeks for some 7 for others etc. I feed them every second day in flowering, 200ml for the first 2 weeks, 300ml the third and from the fourth week 400ml. I follow the instructions on the fertilizers 2 - 5ml per liter, So, 2 - 5ml of Biogrow, Biobloom and Topmax. Last 3 weeks, water and shooting powder only. Last 3 days - nothing. Sorry pics wont attach. Write back.
bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2009 at 16:59
you should try flowering for 2 weeks longer than the stated time, i find almost every strain ive grown needs the extra couple of weeks to finish properly, you should water them as much as they need. water until you have approx 10% run off in the drip trays, then dont water again until the top 2 inches of soil becomes dry. as for the feed, i feed them when they show signs of needing it, which is every watering during flowering, once the nutes have been used from the soil.

BM %3ceed%20leaf
I grow weed for my own use and feel no guilt over it.If you want to arrest me,fine,thats your job.My aim is to put real criminals out of business by refusing to pay into the illegal distribution scene
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote housemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2009 at 19:50
Flower for 2 weeks longer? Wont that put stress on the plant? At 9 weeks I usually have 70 - 80% of the pistols brown. Think I read an article where Soma said that if you let plants flower 2 weeks longer they will become stressed and develop bananas filled will pollen that can be used to create feminized seeds. Not sure how true that is though? Have not tried. Going to try and let the soil dry out a bit more between feedings. Possibly a few days longer if needed. Will keep you guys posted. Thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply