LED Lights

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
johnson2k7 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote johnson2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LED Lights
    Posted: 01 March 2009 at 12:49
Not so sure where to post it so hope here is alright.

Just wondering if anyone knows where i can get a cheap LED grow light?
Or what specifications would i need to grow say 3 plants of one? Im a first time grower so dont really know what type of light i would need.
Any help is much appreciated.
bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2009 at 13:01
steer clear of led's for growing mj,
fluorescent lighting, cfl's, hps, and mh are what most people use.

BM %3ceed%20leaf
I grow weed for my own use and feel no guilt over it.If you want to arrest me,fine,thats your job.My aim is to put real criminals out of business by refusing to pay into the illegal distribution scene
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote johnson2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2009 at 13:08
Would it be pointless to try growing mj with LEDs like?
Just av been researching and seems like the better option for me to grow plants with that.
- less Heat
- no need for mirrors
-Cheaper electric
Just i wont have ideal conditions to make a nice grow space n so LED lighting looked pretty simple and straight forward.
Cheers :)
EDIT- After a bit more research i see that plants rarely flower or if they do they dont giv a good yeild so am going to have to rethink.

Could anyone point me in the right direction to find a good powerful light at a cheap price and what specs would i need to grow 3-4 plants of it
bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2009 at 13:56
led lighting does not give off enough lumens to grow cannabis, if you really want to go with less heat and cheap electric, then you will have to go for fluorescent lighting, prefrably cfl,s, to grow 3-4 plants then you will need at least two lights with reflectors.

you need to have a read through some of the threads on here to get some ideas, then once you have some ideas, ask for help to set it all up.

BM %3ceed%20leaf 
I grow weed for my own use and feel no guilt over it.If you want to arrest me,fine,thats your job.My aim is to put real criminals out of business by refusing to pay into the illegal distribution scene
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote johnson2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2009 at 14:32
Will fluoerescent give the same yeild and strength as sodium lamps?
If not what lamp is the like best for yeild and strentch but not to expensive to buy?

Cheers mate all av a look through some other threads now.
bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2009 at 14:43
fluorescent lighting can give just as good results as hps, but you will need far more of them.
the quality of your grow will initionally depend on how much you are prepared to spend on equipment, the type of light, and how much light you need will also depend on the size of your growspace.

BM %3ceed%20leaf
alkoholics View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alkoholics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2009 at 16:13
Originally posted by johnson2k7

Will fluoerescent give the same yeild and strength as sodium lamps?
If not what lamp is the like best for yeild and strentch but not to expensive to buy?

Cheers mate all av a look through some other threads now.

i would say get a 250W hps there is a few of us on here that run 250W i am one of them and have to say they work wonderfull, if you have a grow store neer you you could probably pickup a used one for $75, ive grow 5 at once under it and yield was just fine buds were great.
I will also agree with BM and say if you want cheap low heat go for cfl's they are cheap to run with almost no heat, ive never flowered with cfl's but use them for veg and wont go back to any other way they are super.

smoke or be smoked
cant always see through my cloud of smoke
thelynx View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote thelynx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2009 at 17:26
yeah man leds are no good way too expensive for something that will actually work...this is what a lot of people are working on now are how to get leds efficient enough but keep the cost down and its not doing too well..250 watt hps seems the best way to go i got a 400w hps off of ebay for like 100$ but they put off quite a bit of heat...
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote johnson2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2009 at 19:15
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BN-400W-400-W-HPS-HIGH-PRESSURE-SODIUM-GROW-LIGHT-LAMP_W0QQitemZ260369191795QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_HomeGarden_Garden_PlantsSeedsBulbs_JN?hash=item260369191795&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1686|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

So would that lamp be the type i am looking for?
Obviously there are other parts i need but the main lamp is my first priority, cant afford to get it all at once so am going to have to get bits at a time.
bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2009 at 19:40
Originally posted by johnson2k7

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BN-400W-400-W-HPS-HIGH-PRESSURE-SODIUM-GROW-LIGHT-LAMP_W0QQitemZ260369191795QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_HomeGarden_Garden_PlantsSeedsBulbs_JN?hash=item260369191795&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1686|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

So would that lamp be the type i am looking for?
Obviously there are other parts i need but the main lamp is my first priority, cant afford to get it all at once so am going to have to get bits at a time.

that one will do for flowering only tho, if you buy that one you will also need a seperate light for vegging, either a metal halide, or blue spectrum cfl's.
your best bet would be to buy a dual spectrum hps, these give off red and blue spectrum, which means it will do for veg and flower.

this is the most commonly used from grolux.

if you buy this light setup, (probably the cheapest on the market), it comes with the grolux lamp included.

BM %3ceed%20leaf
 Post Reply Post Reply