Damn...a lill help here :S

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Shitface1 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Shitface1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Damn...a lill help here :S
    Posted: 26 February 2009 at 16:17
Okay so, i have 2x NL(nirvana) plants growing without any carbonfilters. Considering my small grow space i used vaportek's easy rolls instead just to get a fresh smell in the room. So now about 4 weeks into vegg my whole fukin place smells like dead skunk piss.

I thought NL wasnt supposed to smell that much? The stench is really strong if you get close

Its almost like nirvana fecked me over and gave me some sort of afghan hybrid. What to do?
alkoholics View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alkoholics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2009 at 16:36
edit
smoke or be smoked
cant always see through my cloud of smoke
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alkoholics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2009 at 16:44
http://forum.sensiseeds.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4827&PN=8 page 8 if its not already on it, this what i did and i have no smell for around 3 months. first one cost around $40 canadian but when needed to replace only cost $15 for the replacement filter lol in the store a filter like this is going to cost you out the A@*

hope this help it sure did for me, the other day i could smell my ladies outside the house NOT GOOD had to change the filter and now have no smell.

cheers Alko
smoke or be smoked
Shitface1 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Shitface1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2009 at 17:33
Yea a homemade carbonfilter, i considered that, even bought pellets carbon, but my growspace is way too small for that.

Strange though, right now it seems like the smell dissapeared completely. I wonder for how long
Nemo View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Nemo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2009 at 18:57
Originally posted by Shitface1

Yea a homemade carbonfilter, i considered that, even bought pellets carbon, but my growspace is way too small for that.

Strange though, right now it seems like the smell dissapeared completely. I wonder for how long

If it smelt strong enough at 4 weeks veg for you to worry about it then by the time it finishes flowering it will smell strong enough to give you a paranoia induced heart attack.

I know it's tough if you're working in a confined space but if the smell is like that in veg you are going to have to find a solution before you start flowering. Carbon filter/extraction combo is the best solution IMO. I'd never recommend making one yourself but that's at least partly because I'm shit at making things!

If you could give us the dimensions you are working with and/or post some pictures of your space then we might be able to come up with a few ideas. Space is always the problem though, I struggled with it for ages but now thankfully am able to just get a bigger space.

Best of luck, and seriously if you're concerned now then do not start flowering until you have worked out a solution.
Sensi's collection of Indoor Cannabis Seeds

No Turn Unstoned
thelynx View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote thelynx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2009 at 19:09
heres another link to an easy filter i plan on making http://www.rollitup.org/do-yourself/101248-best-diy-ez-walmart-carbon.html
Shitface1 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Shitface1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2009 at 08:53
Making filters is too much of a mess, i'd rather buy one. I grow in a 16"x12"x30" box with a 125w LE plus an additional 3x 21w le i planned to use for flowering. Its nothing much, not meant to be a drug factory.

The problem with filters is that i have to use ventilation tubes and stuff which would take up most of my growspace.

I guess ill be vegging until i can find a solution but im not sure for how long i can veg them, because if its true that they grow 3x their size in flower then im pretty fecked in a week.

Here's a pic of what im working with: http://img14.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bild000n.jpg

Really, when people say that NL smells a 2 on a 1-10 scale, i'd expect it to be barely noticeable. I wonder how super skunk smells then wtf
thelynx View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote thelynx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2009 at 09:04
you dont have to use any venting if you just attach it to your exhaust fan and have it either pull air through it or exhaust air past it and make sure its the only place air is leaving the area
Shitface1 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Shitface1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2009 at 09:08
True but i use pc fans for venting, and for what ive read they cant pull shit through a carbon filter which means that i'd have to buy a stronger pipe fan and with that comes the ventilation pipes etc.
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2009 at 12:22
I don't have any solutions, that don't involve upgrading the extraction. A lot of people hang the carbon filter inside the grow space, that way any air leaks after the fan are already deoderised.  You can put them the other way and have the fan push air through a filter, mounted externally to the box. You just need to pay more attention to the seal between fan and the filter, so that all the air is pushed through the filter.

On another note, I thought you plants looked really nice, very healthy little beggers...

Unfortunately the image is a bit big to link to the page, otherwise I would have.

What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
Shitface1 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Shitface1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2009 at 15:24
Just ordered a carbon filter with ventilation hose. I'll experiment with the pc fans and if they dont work...hell, i'll get a pipe fan.

Any idea of how strong approx. a pc fan needs to be to push some air through the filter? I doubt i need to use the whole filter capacity with my growspace
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alkoholics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2009 at 16:08
duyde go buy yourself a 4" muffin fan from the computer store check this site out it will give you an idea of what your looking for make sure the one you get is atleast over 80cfm
smoke or be smoked
Shitface1 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Shitface1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2009 at 16:44
I found one with 130cfm for 15 bucks, but its 12v so i doubt it would be able to suck anything through the filter. Or are you using a similar fan and can confirm that it works?

I've read though that cfm doesnt mean shit unless its a 220/110v motor and that the 12v fans pretty much die if you have it suck through some sort of resistor.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alkoholics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2009 at 17:17
Originally posted by Shitface1

I found one with 130cfm for 15 bucks, but its 12v so i doubt it would be able to suck anything through the filter. Or are you using a similar fan and can confirm that it works?

I've read though that cfm doesnt mean shit unless its a 220/110v motor and that the 12v fans pretty much die if you have it suck through some sort of resistor.

that link i sent you is what i use and confirm they suck out the air just fine 130cfm would be perfect but ya needs to be at 110v/240v the 12v will just burn out like you have stated.
these muffin fans arent that expensive either so just look for one of these.
smoke or be smoked
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alkoholics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2009 at 17:23
i have a 2'x3'x5' cabnet 250W hps and only use a 4" muffin fan like stated,  not sure what cfm it is but it works great,  i use the filter design i sent you too it is not full of carbon so its not heavy and is cheap to replace and lasts long time (and i only grow the stinkiest i can find) and like SL said you dont have to mount your filter inside your box,  it can be mounted outside just more obvious you have something in there.

hope this helps if you read through more you will find tones of tricks
smoke or be smoked
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>