12/12 to 8/16

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bubba P View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bubba P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 12/12 to 8/16
    Posted: 26 February 2009 at 00:52

I am at the end of a very righteous Small grow (aeroflow) under 1000 wt HPS.

Oh purple train wreck i will try to post a photo.

What do you all think if during the flushing cycle I go from 12/12 to 8/16. What might happen, will they plump up, Develop new tricome, ripen existing tricome or nothing.

Please hurry it would be fun to share this experiment with you all or save me from a waist of time.
"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, Smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye can see." ~Thomas Jefferson 1781~
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2009 at 01:11
I've heard of people slamming their plants into total darkness for 24-48 hours before chopping and swearing it increases resin production. I've never done it myself, nor have i switched light schedules. I find they plump up fine on their own  under 12/12 given enough time and kept healthy. All this razmatazz is mostly pointless i think.

Purple Wreck sounds nice. Is that a reserva privada strain?Think i've seen it. Related to dna genetics in some way. Good company. But i find all the strains of theirs i want to try are a little on the low yielding side, apart from MMG and Chocolope - aka D-Line. Would love to try the LA Con and Kushberry but grows i've watched have been lovely looking buds, but smallish in size.

There's some RP stuff i've fancied. Old Timers Haze and Sweet Timer were two i fancied, but i fancy so much i never get round to buying them all. Stick with the tried and trusted for the time being until i've got my new mothers.
Green-Thumb Growing
bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2009 at 18:51
i tried this on a big bang, it helped to speed up the finishing time, but didnt increase resin production or bud size in any noticable way, so if you want to finish your plants a bit quicker, then give it a try, but if you want the buds to fill out to their full potetial, then lets them finish under 12/12.

BM %3ceed%20leaf
I grow weed for my own use and feel no guilt over it.If you want to arrest me,fine,thats your job.My aim is to put real criminals out of business by refusing to pay into the illegal distribution scene
Bubba P View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Bubba P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2009 at 16:57

Thank y'all for the advice, The pics i took, the file size is to large and i am having trouble posting them.

Has anyone herd of sticking a nail in the stems of the plant before harvest to increase tricome.
I think i read that it was a Jorge Cervantez trick but I'am not sure. Have any of you heard of or tried this trick.
"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, Smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye can see." ~Thomas Jefferson 1781~
alkoholics View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alkoholics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2009 at 17:31
go to resize images online and change size there this is what i have to do. 
I realy couldn't see slaming a nail in your plants to gain tricomes would be helpfull at all, but i guess ya never know but i wouldn't suggest trying it.
If your worried about tricomes get some better seeds, if you want to turn bunk into gold dont bother leave it up to the PRO's
just my 2 cents
smoke or be smoked
cant always see through my cloud of smoke
Bubba P View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Bubba P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2009 at 17:53
Thanks for the pic fix I'm trying it next.
The weed is dank and crystalie. I have just seen some things lately and was curious if any of it worked for anyone.
Bubba P View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Bubba P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2009 at 18:29

Purple Train Wreck.

I hope these are good I'll try to get better ones.
Bubba P View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Bubba P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2009 at 18:55

I guess they don't need a nail stuck in them. No need to be greedy right.

What do y'all think of the Girls?
still working on better photo's.
alkoholics View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alkoholics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2009 at 22:34
looks like you have some nice stuff there, a bit over feed i think but no worries the look dank.
say whats that almost black one you have there looks CRAZY hope it knocks you on your ARSE lol.
Anyways good stuff man you dont need to go about anything but maybe adjusting your feedings in the future%3cool

cheers Alko
smoke or be smoked
cant always see through my cloud of smoke
Bubba P View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Bubba P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2009 at 00:44

The black one is supposed to be purple wreck, I use stacker(purple maxx) and think that may have caused the darkening. That particular one took on the purple colors Second week of flowering i also think using the stacker causes a big nutrient uptake in the following days after its use. Thats the burning and yellowing(i think) You are right there needs to be an adjustment in the nutrients especially at this stage. They have been on water for a couple of days now, Starting the flush. I wiil share the harvest as best as i can.   

thelynx View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote thelynx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2009 at 01:14
man that looks good :)
Bubba P View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Bubba P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2009 at 01:52
Thank you my friend, I'm stoked for the cured product , the waiting game i have some vanilla kush to pass the day's.
Bubba P View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Bubba P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2009 at 02:00
has anyone tried molasses in the last weeks (flush)?
thelynx View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote thelynx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2009 at 07:14
vanilla kush that sounds great is there any vanilla flavor or smell to it? 
whodair View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote whodair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2009 at 08:13
also going with a reserva privada called RKS fem (6).  glad to hear solid feels they're reputable.  dna gets banned on some mj boards.  sorry to stray...

for extra trichome, i leave my sk2 in for an xtra week.  then she justs swells and drips resin while ripening on the vine.  no nails, no syrup.  mainly its just a resinous strain, some aren't crystally.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>