Thelynx's Trainwreck + White Rhino grow

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2009 at 17:19
i suggest you let them grow for a bit longer, give them some time to get roots out into the new medium before you start stressing the meristem. 
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
buddydan View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote buddydan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2009 at 19:05
u can bend anytime but it makes more sense bending big plants so vegg them big
also start bending a couple of hours after feeding, I find the stems more bendable
and flexible at this time, your yield on a bent plant under perfect conditions  from start to finish will be massive compared to a non-bent plant   
I'll post a few pics later of one I done before

BTW u can bend anytime vegg or flower
I bend 2 weeks in flowering so i can better understand the structure of the plant in question at this stage
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2009 at 23:45
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is."
                                                                             (circa 20C, authorship disputed)

thelynx View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote thelynx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2009 at 19:56
here are some pics i took today i think the trainwreck is big enough for some lst but im not sure about the white rhino i dont want them to get too big if that's possible. 
also i wasnt sure around what node to start the tying down? i know you want some growth above the tie to stretch up but im not too sure about how much..only gave them one dose of some foxfarm grow big so far but more next watering since the transplant they are lookin happy
alkoholics View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alkoholics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2009 at 16:34

you should start the lst at 1-2 nodes,  take a thick twist tie and bend it intop a horse shoe, slightly bend at 1-2 nodes obviously watching not to break it, take the horse shoe twist tie and place it over the stem and stick it in the dirt, if you flair the end of the twist tie a bit it will stay in the dirt better, now in a few days repeat the process till at the edge of the pot then tie around the pot. hope that helps a bit

smoke or be smoked
cant always see through my cloud of smoke
thelynx View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote thelynx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2009 at 16:59
i got this cool stuff from home depot for training tomato plants its called soft twist tie im gonna give it a shot today at some point maybe when im not so high
thelynx View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote thelynx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2009 at 04:36
okay so i did it i bent her all out of shape but she seems to be taking nicely to it, she's growing quick and really nicely i think im gonna like these strains, the white rhino is keeping to a bush already not stretching hardly at all, i had to retie the trainwreck the next morning because i guess i gave her a littly too much slack. heres what they are lookin like 
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2009 at 09:47
looking good 'lynx.

I've been using pipe cleaners this year (because I had some and no twist tie left) and they are really good. Strong but gentle.
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2009 at 11:15
Pipe cleaners are great. I've used them for ages for this and that. Cable ties allways come in handy also. 
Green-Thumb Growing
alkoholics View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alkoholics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2009 at 14:25
Sweet thelynx, looking mighty good i love white rhino and always wanted to grow trainwreck keep it up and well see them flower soon
smoke or be smoked
cant always see through my cloud of smoke
thelynx View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote thelynx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2009 at 17:57
so the white rhino is lookin like its gonna be a bush not really ever growing too much more vertically then the rest of the plant not sure if im even gonna be able to train it too much anyone ever grown this strain? and if so was it a bush like the cheese was?
bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2009 at 12:16
looking good thelynx,
you only need to train plants to keep them under control and maximize space, if you have a squat bushy plant then no training is needed, result %3co%20high

BM %3ceed%20leaf
I grow weed for my own use and feel no guilt over it.If you want to arrest me,fine,thats your job.My aim is to put real criminals out of business by refusing to pay into the illegal distribution scene
thelynx View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote thelynx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2009 at 17:44
yeah this guy is nice and bushy i think its mainly just from more time under the hps at a younger age but i think i got two nice phenos the trainwreck is looking great growing really quickly taking nicely to the lst ill post some more pics up later tonight
thelynx View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote thelynx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2009 at 20:52
alright guys so the fun part is about to start! flowering after tonight heres some updated pics
   trainwreck really took off from the lst all kinds of new growth all over but i didnt really keep up with it only 1 tie you think i should keep going with it now or let it flower im not too sure
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2009 at 14:26
I suppose you've already decided what to do regarding the LST... anyway just wanted to say they are looking nice and bushy %3chumbs%20Up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>