Multi-Strain Perpetual Farming

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 26>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2009 at 01:03
Originally posted by Solidopc

Thank you SL. If the taste is as good i can't see the point of soil. I see some people raving about mixing coco and soil, but that just seems like diluting soil to me and not a new way of growing.

Ganja (general term, not the admin here abouts) tends to attract a lot of raving. Most of it is inane bullshit. Last night, for example, I read a post from a guy who had bought some ganj and it looked the same as before, but it smelt different. His conclusion was that is was grown outdoors (because it smelt earthy and he was sure he could tell all his other buys were indoor hydro) and wanted to know what other problems come from growing outdoors (apart from ruining the aroma).

Where ganja is involved, logic seems to evaporate.

I see you go 50/50 with the perlite. 70/30 for me this first go.

First go here too, I had a 110 litre bag of no. 3 perlite and thought I might as well use it. No other reason really.

Perhaps more perlite would be good, as it retains water well, and the coco dries out quickly.

Until I have tried a few different ratios I'm not really prepared to speculate... but I would have thought more coco and less perlite would lead to a wetter mix, rather than the other way around.

Need to water them more often than my soil plants, and i can see them being very hungry in full flower.

3 weeks into flower and I am pouring between 2.5 and 4 litres of liquid into 8-9 litre pots daily. It's a bit of a conundrum... coco holds heaps more water than soil, but it needs more frequent watering.

I am pining after an autopot system, and use coco in that. A very easy way to grow, and supposedly works very well with coco.. Plus it would be so dam easy to just fill a res every week or so. 2-4 pots would be perfect in my tent under my light too, and would get some monster yields. They are only about £60 for everything i need for a 2 potter i think so i'm sure eventually i'll get one, as you can use soil in them if ya want to.

Yeah the auto pots look look nice, but I think if I automated my grow, I'd never get the amount of daily exercise I need to stop my joints from seizing.

Also been looking at these new super roots air pots. Found a place that sells them in singles aswell. You can use any medium in them, and the root growth is looks like it would be incredible. Really ingenius technique aswell when you think about it.

Great for trees that will later be planted out inot the ground... can't see them really revolutionising ganja growing though, a circling root system doesn't have the impact on an annual as it does on a perennial plant.

Enjoy you mother hunt, atm I've cut back to 2 strains... would be one, but I just had to keep one affie cutting. I'm aiming for a couple of months off this winter, I want a break before it all just becomes a repeditive, time consuming chore.

I'll be keeping a couple of mothers in the cupboard for spring, but I don't have plans to run plants through the late winter/early spring period this year.
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2009 at 02:50
The airpots they sell seperatly in 12.5 and 7.5 litre pots. They would definatly increase the root mass, so should increase growth up top too. But i am more interested in the autopots, as you say, it becomes a chore watering so many plants, so this seems like it would be alot easier on the watering side of things, as i am daily having to water something at the moment, and this could easily cut that down to a week or two.

Only thing i dislike about them and am not sure about is, because the plants are being bottom fed, you are never flushing your plants of built up salts, as no water is being poured through from the top. and feeding with plain water from the bottom doesn't seem to count as flushing out salt build up to me. So it would seem you might need to take them out the room every week or two and give them a good flush, which is more work again and exactly the opposite of what i'm after, as currently watering every 3rd or 4th watering with plain ph'd water seems to do the trick and is easy enough.

But that just brings me back to the super roots air pots, as i'd carry on feeding as i do now, would just have much better root growth, and would be great to stick one in the garden too with a cutting in it.

I don't know, i really can't decide. I don't want to go water hydro, as i dont want to get in to the realms of water born bacteria, fungi, algea etc. aeroponics is the only one that really interests me in that line of things, as it gives outrageous growth and buds, but a bit too much for me yet as i'm not even a experienced coco grower yet.

So i want to stay in coco, and all my options seems to be things like autopots, airpots, or plain old plastic normal pots, and i am allways striving for that extra bit of potentrial from my plants, and roots is where its at!

Surely will get one of the other at some point. Or something like them, just need more info first. I can't see myself growing the way i do now in two years time. I want to be producing top quality hydroponic grade bud by then, using some sort of automated system hopefully. Need to keep pushing the ole boundries as i enjoy the hobby so much and the end product just gets better and better the more i keep on with this attitude.

As for current plants, 4 are in flower, day 8 for 3 of them. All feed plain water last feed and everything is going to plan.
Green-Thumb Growing
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2009 at 23:53
A small update of things here. Some great growth from the coco. Makes the soil plants look very skinny and small. But taste is important, to still noit throwing all me eggs in one basket yet.

First an attempted super macro shot of a psicodelicia bud shot. Been curing for around a month now. Need a proper torch to get better pics though.

Next is the sweet afghani. Looking rather 10% sativa if not more, lol. they are all like this though. And to be honest, its the only sativa trait apart from the heavy serration i find the plant has. The buds are very dense and hard, and the smell is ghani and hashy, some lemony and sweeter, some more musky. Pretty relaxing stone too. Find the cheese more couchock mind.

Then we have the sweet thai, still not started budding yet, been in 17 days, same as the sweet affie, ukcheese and ch9. All those are budding, but this is still in the stretch. I'm using this one to judge the stretch of the plant so i know how tall roughly i can grow the next lot in the hope of taking cuttings in my mother search.

Next pic is my shark/tiburan whichever one you prefer. I like to call is ss/nl, as thats what it is. The picture just doesn't do this plant justice. It's been in 3 days now and has been topped. Taken extremly well to the topping and has a lovely smell and look to it. Deep green leafs, thick sturdy upward growing branches, dank smell. I just like this one for some reason.

Last up is the ch9 flower followed by grandma ukcheese. The ch9 is an absolute monster same as the sweet affie. The coco growth is massive. Good job i only have 5 plants in there, anhymore would be too much.

In veg still i have my white widow / big bud, which will be waiting to have cuts taken and a plant to be harvested before going in. Nice looking plant, have pics will post in a mo.

With that in veg all i have is my new ukcheese mum and my cuttings. My ch9 has rooted, another 2 ukcheese have rooted and i sent one off to a friend the other day allready and all my ss/nl cuts look very very healthy and its been over a week since they were took so i am very hopeful of getting at least one which is all i need really to root, as i've about 6 there.

These coco plants drink a hell of alot. I need to feed each 3 litres of water and i will get literally only a tiny dribble of runoff. So little i dont even need get rid of it. 2 litres has allways been plenty for my soil pllants when in full flower, i can see these going up to 4 litres when really going at it.

Green-Thumb Growing
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2009 at 21:03
Coco plants really starting to take off now. Looking great, but very big. Three coco plants would be plenty in my space. Two would fill it using bendz. I've got two soil plants in there with them, which are getting a rough ride of it really, as they just can't compete with the bushiness and huge growth of the 3 coco plants.

I am going to boost them up a bit further with some more pots and get them a bit above the canopy, so the lower branches get more light.

The yield from coco is going to be sustanstial. You can see it allready. So many bud sites, so many strong branches and flowers getting thicker by the day. Hope i get pin the taste down well.

Talking of that. I went and got my new soil nutes this weekend. Plus a 50 litre sack of plagron royalty mix. Been looking for this eveywhere, but could only find it at silly delivery prices. Its a step above the allmix and shouldnt need any feeding at all before 6-8 weeks. I'll be using it for my final pots, and using the rets of the shiity biobizz allmix as their starting soil.

For my new nutes. Call me crazy, but i dont care. I didnt like the look of the NPK of biocanna vega, and you are supposed to stop using it at week 2 into flowering. I like to use my grow throughout flower, my plants need and like it. So i stuck with biobizz grow, as i really do rate it. Ditched the biobloom though. The NPK on that was not too my liking as the biocanna flores. So i got biobizz grow and biocanna flores. I know many people will think i should of gone all canna. But i like my biogrow, its a good nute that i am used to using and am very happy with. Wasn't impressed with their bloom, so hopefully, as people keep saying the biocanna flores should be alot better.

Still using same additives. Was going to get some pk13/14 aswell but thought whats the point. My buds are hard as hell anyway. So will carry on with headmasta and monster bloom and mollasses.

Took cuts today off my white widow / big bud. My super skunk x northern lights is rooting away nicely and the ch9 flower is allready rooted along with another 3 ukcheese. I can't even give these things away now. Every cut of ukcheese i take seems to root and i end up with loads. LOL.
Green-Thumb Growing
Nemo View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Nemo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2009 at 23:10
Originally posted by Solidopc

For my new nutes. Call me crazy, but i dont care. I didnt like the look of the NPK of biocanna vega, and you are supposed to stop using it at week 2 into flowering. I like to use my grow throughout flower, my plants need and like it. So i stuck with biobizz grow, as i really do rate it. Ditched the biobloom though. The NPK on that was not too my liking as the biocanna flores. So i got biobizz grow and biocanna flores. I know many people will think i should of gone all canna.

Doesn't sound crazy to me, in fact it's pretty much what I was intending doing when my current nutes run out.

I'm keeping BioBizz for Grow and Alga, but I'm going to be canna apart from that, already using the biorhizo and bioboost, just want to switch my bloom nute to canna, and switch my top max for molasses.

Still not sure what to do about the soil though. It's hard to change when you've already got a good idea of now the soil performs, and when nutes will be needed etc. I think I have ruled out switching to coc for now though. With that explosve growth I need to wait until I've got the mothers I want then switch to coco, otherwise it'll kill my plant count!
Sensi's collection of Indoor Cannabis Seeds

No Turn Unstoned
Heavenly_Grasss View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Heavenly_Grasss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2009 at 02:23
   Nice      pics Solidopc    
Heavenly_Grasss
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 03:00
Thanks HG. Appreciate the comments. Please pop in again.

Nemo - We are on the same wave length then. I just couldn't ditch the grow in the end, it's just so useful to be able to use it all the way through, and i am used to using it. The algamic id not go without either. Gotta have that. Does great as a feed for the sweet tai, and might do well for your sats.

They seem to be very N sensitive, so the algamic is a nice little weak feed and it seems to suit the tai quite well. Did the same with my c gold crosses.

We are practically using the same stuff really once you more to flores. You just use rhizo instead of regenaroot. Monster bloom and canna boost are the same thing. So no differaance there. Glad i found out beforehand, as was going to buy bioboost. Only headmasta i guess i use that you dont. Good stuff that. £10 a litre, 1ml/litre all the way. I started using it after seeing cocogroweruks thread with the 17.5oz two ukcheese plants he had using regenaroot, headmasta and canna coco.

I threw my top max in the bin the other day. It had gone off, and stunk. Rated it better than bud-xl though. But wouldnt buy again. Headmasta is the stim for me.
Green-Thumb Growing
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2009 at 01:59
Some pics from a few days ago now, maybe allmost a week, but hey i'm lazy, and i doubt it bothered anyone.

Things have progressed even more now. Day 32 for the ch9 and sweet affie now which are furtherest along.

First in the picture stakes is my superskunk/northern lights. This is the furtherest plant back, at under two weeks when picture was taken. Really strong vigourous plant that gives off a lovely aroma when brushed. Got two cuts of it rooted allready. One will be off with the clone fairy tomorrow though for a friend to run outside. I'll be keeping the other as a mum if she's up to it. Hope so.

Next up is the sweet thai. Starting to bud now about week 3. Stretch is not as bad as i thought. But would need to be careful i didn't veg another too long. I could see her getting out of control. I flowered her at about6 inches, and she's about 24 inches now. Cuts would obviously be better, as they wouldn't stretch as much, but i dodn't take any as i didnt veg her long enough. This was a test run for this strain. If she's as good as i hope, i'll take cuts from the next lot, with a better idea of the stretch.

Now the cheese, about week 4 now. Sweet cheese, lovely smell. Two rooted cuts of this will also be off to the same fella to see what he thinks.

Next two are the sweet affie. Smells alot more strongly in coco than it does in soil. Smells very nice and is seeming to grow better for me in coco than soil.

Lastly is the ch9 flower. Big plant this. Loads of long colas. Drinks like a alky at xmas. The buds are not supposed to be that dense on this varoety. It's best qualities are supposed to be in it's aroma, flavour and high. Still, such a large plant seems like it will yield well anyway.

Finally another quick moan about biobizz allmix. I am having cuttings yellowing in 1 litre pots of it after the forst week-10 days. This is what happened when i bought their lightmix. I just can't understand what is going on with this soil. It's absolute garbage. I'd rather grow in john innes than this. So glad i've got my plagron royalty mix now instead. Can't be dealing with nute deficient plants in soil while in veg. Got enough of that to worry about with coco.

Oh, allmost forgot. I'll have a cut of psychosis and psychoberry here tomorrow. I'm hugely excited about this. Will get to test some psychosis. The dude threw his exo cheese mum away after smoking the psychosis, which is an exo cheesexnl#5/haze i think. The pyschoberry sounds like a beauty too. Both been around a long time, but unheard of compared to ukcheese. Same goes with uk pineapple and a crap load of others. I will hopefully get to test some more in the near future.

Green-Thumb Growing
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 23:53
Update time. First up are some cuts. Recently aqquired pyshcoberry cut is in there with a couple of psychosis cuts, and a ch9 flower rooted cut, thats now been potted along with a rooted ss/nl and psychosis into plagron royalty mix. Can't wait for the exo pyschoberry. Been about 15 years or so now. Supposed to be a tasty puff. To the right, the nice green cuts are all whitewidow/bigbud taken about over a week ago. So far so good on the mum hunt. All plants in flower i wanted to clone have been. Just got this ww/bb to do, then can start on some new strains. Will be green poison and ice next, along with psychoberry, pyschosis and cuts of any of the ones i saved here if they are good enough to be kept. Still got a fair few strains to work through after that. Plus some more nice elite cuts on the way. So all is well, wind is at me back, sun on me face, and i'm puffing a fatty in the crows nest. Good times.

Here's the sweet thai, day 28 and starting to pop along nicely. Seems it should have pretty decent buds on the main cola, though it's got the dangly, skinny sativa look to it, so don't expect monsterous yields from this. In soil.

Now the sweet afghani. In coco. Day 33. Doesn't drink as much as the ch9 and ss/nl, but is a much bushier more vigourous plant than when i've grown them on soil.

Here is the exo psychosis at day 20 something. Allways a favourite. This one in soil. Is drinking quite alot for a plant of its size. It's only about a 2 foot plant, but sucks up the juice. Not started using my biocanna flores yet. Still got a bit of biobloom to go. And would rather save that for a whole run on it.

Here is some ch9 flower at day 33. Starting to come along nice now this. Still drinking alot. Had its plain water flush this evening.

Here's the superskunk/northernlights, or shark. Probably my fav this right now. Such a strong plant. At day 18 this picture. Lovely aroma when brushed, and i can see it yielding big thick buds. Loads of huge colas. Rooted cut has been potted, and another was carried off by the clone fairy to be tried outside in the UK this year. Budrot i rekon would be your only worry.

Green-Thumb Growing
bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2009 at 23:13
looking good as usual dude %3cool

that psychosis has some wicked trichs too man %3co%20high

BM %3ceed%20leaf
I grow weed for my own use and feel no guilt over it.If you want to arrest me,fine,thats your job.My aim is to put real criminals out of business by refusing to pay into the illegal distribution scene
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2009 at 03:58
Thanks man. At day 40 now, getting excited, the ch9 is starting to swell up a bit and you can see a few puffed up calyxes on it. Hope its a nice fast flowerer. Got a cut of it rooted just incase.

Hopefully only a couple of weeks left for that one.

All the plants had a feed tonight. All different mixes which is a bit of a pain, but worth it in the end.
Green-Thumb Growing
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2009 at 15:01
Looking good Solid, love the pistils on the CH9.

Having harvested my first couple of plants in coco, I'd say Canna's '7 days water to finish' needs to be stretched out a bit... 10 days was better, the next will get longer. 
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2009 at 02:01
I was thinking a minimum of 14 days flushing, using final phase. Will get some canna flush when its run out. This is my one big worry about coco. I am realised i can grow on it successfully very easily, just don't know how the bud is going to taste. So i am going to be ultra cautious. Seen a few people adding mollasses to their coco feeds during the grow aswell. Might give it a week or mollasses, then 10 days of plain water with final phase.

Anyway, day 42 or something now for the furthest in. My pyschoberry cut has rooted, along with two ww/bb and some more ss/nl. So everything going to plan at the moment.
Green-Thumb Growing
munzy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote munzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2009 at 09:12
solidopc last night i smoked a reef of coco grown psychosis its nice cheesey taste that stays in the mouth for quite a while kicked my head in as well lol%3co%20high got cuts of psychosis and the psychoberry  %3cig%20smile 
ANDWHAT
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2009 at 05:11
Cool man, i potted up my psychoberry and another psychosis tonight, along with a whitewidow/bigbud. Can't wait to try the psychoberry. Also have some new "elite" cuts coming in soon if all goes well. So keep looking in.

Anyway, here's an update for the now. Some plants in flower at different stages.

Edit: Put some green poison and ice into germ tonight, fingers crossed they pop.

First up are the soil plants. Both day 41 i think. Exo pyschosis first. Smelling sweet, but getting bullied a bit by the coco plants which are crowding it out. Would be much fatter if it wasn't so overpowered by them. I think from now on i will do 2 coco plants and 3 soil instead of 3 coco and 2 soil. Two coco plants take over one half of the flower room. I can fit three soil plants comfotably in the other half, but trying to fit another coco and two soil isn't doing the soil plants any favours. Lesson learned there. Potted up another cutting of this earlier straight into a 12 litre pot, and my new psychoberry cut got the same treatment. Will provide me with more cuts before they go into flower.

Soil again, this time the sweet thai. At day 41 now, so not flowering fast, but didn't expect it to anyway. Am liking the aroma of it. It smells like chocolate, slightly spicy. Can't smell any skunk at all which i'm glad about, wanted that nice chochy thai aroma, and seems to be cutting the mustard so far. Will clone the next two now i've worked out the stretch. Rekon this could be a nice sativa heavy headstash strain if the aroms keeps coming like this through to harvest. Seems like the buds will be pretty dense too. Liking it alot. Seems to want more N than i thought it would, so gave it an extra large dose of N tonight.

Rekon this could kick ass from cuttings. Minimise the stretch, and get some trippy, rushy chocolate tasting weed. Only prob is the flowering time looks like. But nobody expects a thai to finish too quickly. Another one i think might be jept around to have one of at a time going.

Sweet affie and the coco/perlite plants now, day 45. Allways a favourite this. Great aroma. Wish it was a faster flowerer, but allways seemed to drag itself to week 10. Had a feed of EC 1.93 minus background EC tonight. Too early for the flush on this one yet.

Here's the ch9 flower, day 45 again. This is the fastest flowering of the plants. Rekon it will be down about day 60. Had a 6 litre flush of mollasses and water earlier. Not blown away by this plant really. It's scent is quite greeny/planty, not much aroma to it at all yet. Hope it improves some, but don't think it's a keeper.

Lastly, i have my favourite seedplant of my current lot, the superskunk/northernlights. Over 10 big strong colas on this plant. In coco again, only day 28 for this one. Not as fast as i had hoped, but it has impressive resin coverage, lovely structure, is hugely vigourous and strong, has a dank aroma when brushed, and just gives me good vibes. I like it. Rekon it will yield quite a bit too. Cut allready potted of this incase she is a keeper.

Green-Thumb Growing
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 26>