Multi-Strain Perpetual Farming

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 26>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2009 at 22:21
ive been thinking about the headmasta and the regen a root recently, theyre both from canadianxpress arnt they?
ive been using the bcuzz bloom stim since i stopped using the top max, and find it really good to be honest, and it has a really nice smell to it too. the only thing i dont like about it, is nobody else i talk to seems to use it, so therefore makes me wonder why, lol.

BM %3ceed%20leaf
I grow weed for my own use and feel no guilt over it.If you want to arrest me,fine,thats your job.My aim is to put real criminals out of business by refusing to pay into the illegal distribution scene
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2009 at 22:46
Yea i've not heard of many people who use that either. Never tried any of it myself. Top max i found really helped during the start of flowering, producing lots of budsites. The headmtasta i feel definatly adds more density and weight to the crop, and i havn't noticed a lack of emerging budsites at the start of flower, so i'm very happy with it.

It is canadian express. The regenaroot was only £12 a litre and you use 1ml/per litre of that. Only thing that gets me about this one is it smells like seaweed extract, ala algamic. Not exactly the same, but you can tell a good portion is seaweed extract. So i wonder if it's actually any different really from something like algamic. Though i've never heard say algamic breaks down dead root matter and promotes new growth from the old dead parts.

If you have the cash, the H&G roots excelurator is the best root stim ever for me. It's not actually that expensive when you put it into perspective. £35 for 250mls, but you only use 0.3ml per litre as it's super concetrated. Easily the best H&G product, and you'll have roots out the wazoo with that thing. Small seedling plants you think can't possibly have filled out the pot they are in have roots dangling out the bottom a beautiful white colour.

I'm at an end n ow i think of buying this extra and that extra. All i really want to do now is find the basic grow/bloom/stim/pk/roots for my tastes. Plus algamic and mollasses, never go without me algamic and mollasses.. LOL.
Green-Thumb Growing
ASDER View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote ASDER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2009 at 17:41
Originally posted by bartmanuk

ive been thinking about the headmasta and the regen a root recently, theyre both from canadianxpress arnt they?
ive been using the bcuzz bloom stim since i stopped using the top max, and find it really good to be honest, and it has a really nice smell to it too. the only thing i dont like about it, is nobody else i talk to seems to use it, so therefore makes me wonder why, lol.

BM %3c3ceed%3c20leaf

hi BM

is that the PK 13-14 bloom stim? . I used Bcuzz nutes on My 1st grow,just used at 25% rec dosage as they are a bit strong.found them not as good as biobizz - completely different smell

Asder%3ceed%20leaf%3ceed%20leaf%3ceed%20leaf
Live and Learn!
bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2009 at 18:19
hey asder,
good to here of someone else who's used bcuzz, lol.
pk 13-14 is a pk booster, not a bloom stim,
why do you think theyre not as good as bio bizz? when i changed from top max to bcuzz i found the dried bud to have a better aroma, more pungent, and the smell of the bloom stim i find to be much more pleasant than anything from biobizz.
also i dont need to use as much of the bcuzz compared to the top max, starts with 1ml per litre for weeks 4-5, then 1.5ml per litre weeks 5-6, and 2ml per litre weeks 7 till flush.

BM %3ceed%20leaf
I grow weed for my own use and feel no guilt over it.If you want to arrest me,fine,thats your job.My aim is to put real criminals out of business by refusing to pay into the illegal distribution scene
ASDER View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote ASDER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2009 at 01:25
hi BM

think it was down to the fact that my 1st grow hermied and left the weed with a harsh taste.i still have to smoke the new grow using the biobizz but it seems to smell a lot sweeter so maybe ill do 1/2 bcuzz and 1/2 biobizz for the next grow and see how it turns out.

Asder%3ceed%20leaf%3ceed%20leaf%3ceed%20leaf
Live and Learn!
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2009 at 03:31
Some pictures of my coco plants. All is going very well with these. Can't believe the speed of growth compared to my soil plants. They just don't compare in anyway at all. Won't need anywhere near as much veg time.

First up is a group shot of all the plants in veg, soil and coco.

Next is the sweetseeds sweet tai, followed by the white widow / big bud, both germed the sametime and in soil.

Carrying on, is my special lady, mamma cheese. She's in her final pot now, cuts taken and rooting, and will go into flower when my psicodelicia comes out. This girl is going to have a 400watt all to herself until my ch9 and SA go in.

Next two are the ch9 flower. Both this and the SA are only about 7 inches tall, yet the ch9 has reached sexual maturity allready, and has alternating internodes and pre-flowers, the SA in the nextt 4 pics, (a double of one for some reason) still has matching internodes and has yet to show pre-flowers.

I can't remmeber having a soil plant be this far along when only so small. The stems are also so much thicker, leafs bigger and more healthy looking than any soil plants of this size. It's really vigourous growth.

Lastly is my baby. i love this one, it looks great, reminds me of a kush, with its short, broad leafs. And allready has a dank smell to it. I bought it specifically because of it's noted taste and aroma. This is the tiburan, the super skunk /northern lights hybrid. She is destined for cloning and many grows hopefully, as is the ww/bb.

The tiburan is also in coco and growing very fast. As you can see all the soil plants bar the ukcheese are still seedlings, but the coco three have flown out the blocks. Very happy with how easy it's been so far, and how healthy the plants are looking. Literally can't wait to see them budding, as i'm imprssed allready. People said once you've grown in hydro you won't want to go back to soil. The only things trhat i think can keep me on soil aswell is if the taste is not as good as my soil bud, and soil it alot easier and you don't need to worry about half as many things.

Green-Thumb Growing
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2009 at 06:18
My flower room has been empty with the light off for near a week now for the first time in over two years. Feels really weird. But gave me a nice chance to take everything down, wash it all with milton sterilsing liquid and dettol, and put it all back together and add my new rvk and filter.

It's all looking lovely and clean now. I'm pretty dam sure there aren;t any spidermite eggs lurking in any crevasses now anyway. LOL. I finally got the better of them which is great.

So, i'm giving it one more go over with milton and dettol tomorrow and then my ch9 flower, sweet afghani, ukcheese mum will go into flower, shortly followed by the sweet tai.

The remaining plants, shark, ww/bb and another ch9 flower still need a bit of veg time, so will be a few weeks later.

As for my psicodelicia, well what can i say. This is fast becoming my favourite sweetseeds variety so far. The smell is just plain dank with a twist of fruit. And the resin is unbelievable. I like it so much i have ordered another pack right away before it sells out at docs like all the other sweetseeds gear apart from the sweet tai. I have one seed left of it from my original two, but i want to hopefully find another like this or better, so 4 will give me more choice. This variety is definatly destined for bearing children.

Also good news for the future, might have a way to get my hands on some green poison and other sweetseeds gear doc doesn't sell with a friend who also wants to try some more. So i hope to have that spicy indi about soon too, plus i hope wild rose. Quite excited about it as i can't wait to see the quality of those two if they are rekoned better by the breeder than this psicodelicia.

Green-Thumb Growing
chatterz420 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote chatterz420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2009 at 00:17

so much variety, amazing!!

otha duties to attend to
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2009 at 01:50
Thanks for the comments, allways appreciated, don't get too many latetly unless i'm arguing the point with someone, hehe.

Variety is the spice of life and important to me. I couldn't just grow the same strain over and over, no matter how it good it was. I need to have different flavours, aromas, highs, growing experiences. I recommend variety to you too. I don't have much space, but you can still grow a few different varieties, particulary if you use fem seeds as it saves on space, 50% on average, plus soil/coco/nutes/light/work/etc.

Anyway, tonight i set my budbox up nicely. Gave it another going over with milton and dettol. Put my new larger rvk and filter up (which is amazingly quiet compared to the other really impressed, plus the temps are perfect now). Stuck my light back in and huzzah!, i'm back in action.

Stuck my ch9 flower, sweet afghani (both coco plants), and my ukcheese mum (soil plant) into the tent. They are vegging right now still. Took some more cuts off the ch9 flower as it smells really really string and nice allready, and is supposed to finish fast, plus i don't want to end up missing another cracker like i did with the psicodelicia. Also took some more cuts off the ukcheese for various people. Allready have my 1 rooted, but a few people are in need of some so i had to take a few more to do the rounds properly.

These plants will have their first 12 hours of darkness starting 8am tomorrow morning.

In veg now, i have the sweet tai and white widow / big bud which i repotted into their final 12 litre pots tonight. The sweet tai will go into flower with the others as soonas its had a few days to get over transplant shock.

The ww/bb was starting to yellow on its bottom two sets of real leafs, and only has one set above them and then the growth tip. Never seen a plant start yellowing this early in veg in allmix. Especially biobizz allmix as its EC 2.4. Can see this one being a heavy feeder. Hopefully the 12 litre pot will sort if out for now.

The ww/bb and shark which is in coco are staying in veg until i've taken cuttings off them. Want to keep both as i think they will be nice. The sweet tai i cant really take cuts even though i'd like too, as i cant let it get too big, so it needs to go into flower.

With these 3, i've another ch9 flower, which is in a small pot in soil.

One note while repotting tonight. I am impressed with the regen-a-root. There was a good root ball on the sweet tai and ww/bb for the size of them, and gleaming white. Not as good as H&G RE, but it's good stuff for only £10 a litre.

Pictures of my budbox with new hear and plants will come when i'm not so pissed. Peace.
Green-Thumb Growing
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2009 at 05:45
Some pictures of how things are at the moment. The budbox has been out of action for over a week. Was taken down, cleaned out with milton and dettol and put back up, new fan and filter fitted, redone with milton and dettol, light put back in, then  the plants. In there right now are three plants. A ch9 flower, sweet afghani and a "lollipopped" ukcheese.

The rest of the plants are currently still in veg. First picture is of my tiburan which is still in veg. Very vigourous. It's side branches are very thick and strong and grow allmost vertically to the main stem. Will top this one when it's larger and take all the lower branches for cuttings. Smells great when you rub the stem.

Next is the veg room, now alot less crowded. Have the tiburan back right, another ch9 flower in the small pot infront, and in the 12 litre pots to the left is the white widow / big bud in the front, and the sweet tai in the back. The sweet tai will go into flower when i switch to 12/12. The soil plants are so much slower than the coco though, its a shock.

Next a shot of the budbox, with the sweet affie up front, the lollipopped ukcheese back right, and topped ch9 flower back left. Then a shot of the ch9 flower in coco that i topped. It's a triploid and is growing multiple colas now. You can see a few there in the picture.

After that is a pic of my lollipopped ukcheese. It's such a bvranchy plant, and its branches are so weak, the bottom ones are allways just a waste of time, as they can't hold any weoght whatsoever, and just end up dangling down right below the canopy. This way o get much thicker, harder buds up top without all the wispy crap down the bottom.

Lastly is a pic of my new fan and filter which is very quiet, and temsp are lovely. Very happy with it.

As for feeding, i just fed the ch9 flower and sweet affie an EC of 2.28, which works out at 2.0 after i take the tap water off. Will stop at this for now, and see how they go. Only used a+b and roots,. as i havnt turned the light to 12/12 yet. The oh was 5.81, and 2 litres each gave no runoff which was handy as i didn't have to bother emptying it. The pots felt very heavy though and were wet at the bottom so all good. I think i'll need a larger watering can for my coco plants though. 2 litres is allways plenty for the soil plants and gives a small ammount of runoff, but i can see the coco ones wanting more when in full bloom.

The ukcheese just had roots and plain water.

Green-Thumb Growing
cashcrop View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote cashcrop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2009 at 22:31
hi solid,

wow big filter there man? lol bet it took you a bit to get it strapped up lol mine was a right pain in the ass but it does the room pretty well and the smell 2. is it 125mm the one you got? some nice strains you got there and the coco seems to be going well.

cc
To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2009 at 20:57
I bought a 125 and it wasn't quite giving me the temps i wanted. So i went up to a 150mm and it's perfect. Nice and quiet too. quieter than the 125.

Green-Thumb Growing
munzy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote munzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2009 at 22:21

%3clap 

ANDWHAT
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2009 at 23:01
Gorgeous plants, as usual Solid %3cool

Originally posted by Solidopc

One weird thing i've had with my biobizz nutes is the grow and bloom and top max i've had for over a year, and the grow and bloom and fine, but the top max smells like it's gone rotten or something.

The high sugar content means it is liable to ferment. All you need is a random, airbourne yeast, a warm spot and within a few weeks later you have alcoholic Topmax.

Originally posted by Solidopc

... but the coco three have flown out the blocks. Very happy with how easy it's been so far, and how healthy the plants are looking. Literally can't wait to see them budding, as i'm imprssed allready.

I thought you'd like the way plants grow in coco. I'm really enjoying using it. Coco (especially mixed 50:50 with perlite) is really light, even when fully loaded with water and it handles the heat much better than soil.

People said once you've grown in hydro you won't want to go back to soil.

I expect I'll still grow most of my veggies in soil, but lettuces, basil and cannabis will be in coco/perlite from now on.

The only things trhat i think can keep me on soil aswell is if the taste is not as good as my soil bud, and soil it alot easier and you don't need to worry about half as many things.

I haven't finished flowering a ganja plant in coco yet, but the lettuces and basil were as good as soil, no difference in flavour or texture to soil grown and that's without the benefit of flushing as they are continually harvested.

All the best for a fine (spidermite free) flowering %3ceed%20leaf
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2009 at 11:27
Thank you SL. If the taste is as good i can't see the point of soil. I see some people raving about mixing coco and soil, but that just seems like diluting soil to me and not a new way of growing.

I see you go 50/50 with the perlite. 70/30 for me this first go. Perhaps more perlite would be good, as it retains water well, and the coco dries out quickly. Need to water them more often than my soil plants, and i can see them being very hungry in full flower.

I am pining after an autopot system, and use coco in that. A very easy way to grow, and supposedly works very well with coco.. Plus it would be so dam easy to just fill a res every week or so. 2-4 pots would be perfect in my tent under my light too, and would get some monster yields. They are only about £60 for everything i need for a 2 potter i think so i'm sure eventually i'll get one, as you can use soil in them if ya want to.

Also been looking at these new super roots air pots. Found a place that sells them in singles aswell. You can use any medium in them, and the root growth is looks like it would be incredible. Really ingenius technique aswell when you think about it.

Got my new neoprene clone collars today. Going on a big cloning and mother hunting adventure with a fellow internet friend/grower. Gonna do a few choice different varieties each to find the best mothers, cutting the work in halk for ourselves. Place i got them from is the only place i've ever seen that sells plagron royalty mix. In its write up, it says this soil is strong enough, has enough worm castings and bat guano etc, that you don't need to feed ever in the whole cycle, except with some very hungry plants.

I like plagron soil, but i can't decide whether i think this is a good thing or not. It would be real nice to not have to ever bother feeding my soil plants. Would leave me only needing to worry about feed for the coco plants. It also seems like it should give a better taste, as you won't be adding any nutes at all maybe, only an additive here and there, so salt builup will be minimal.

Though you would need to buy another soil to go with it to start your plants off in, as its going to be way too strong for seedlings and baby plants.

Anyone ever use this soil or knows someone who uses it? I'm thinking of giving it a try, as my biobizz allmix will; be run out (thank god) after another couple of 12 litre pots. And was gonna order the plagron allmix anyway. But now i'm thinking of ordering the royatly mix, and getting some cheapo b&q soil to start them off in. Would rather know if anyone has used it with weed before though. As i allways hear people moaning about miracle grow soil which is supposed to be very strong, so not 100% sure.
Green-Thumb Growing
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 26>