My First Grow - x5 Skunk#1 - COMPLETE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
chatterz420 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote chatterz420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2009 at 16:56
ok peoples ive made the changes
got some new ducting, clips etc

problem is now that they're getting too bushy

i dont know how to trim/prune

the pictures show you whats going on..

droopy leaves at the base

all recomendations are appreciated thankss
otha duties to attend to
bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2009 at 19:21
i wouldnt start trimming or pruning now they are in flower, not unless you want stressed plants, you should only take off some lower leaves if you are having trouble getting in to water them, but as a rule you should only ever take off dead or dieing leaves, you will know when a leaf is ready as it will almost fall of as soon as you touch it.

its quite common practice to take off some lower branches late on in flowering, to force the plant into putting its energy into the top buds, but this should only be done once there is insufficient time for seeds to form.

BM %3ceed%20leaf
I grow weed for my own use and feel no guilt over it.If you want to arrest me,fine,thats your job.My aim is to put real criminals out of business by refusing to pay into the illegal distribution scene
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote chatterz420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2009 at 21:14
BM..

seeds to form, i dont understand

does pulling branches off induce seeds to form?

they are fem seeds btw
otha duties to attend to
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote chatterz420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2009 at 21:20

is it possible to tie the leaves up so they dont droop?

if so wat would be the best way?

anyway here are some more pics at better anles

11 days flower..

otha duties to attend to
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote chatterz420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2009 at 16:45
how much higher are they going to grow!! lol

running out of room
otha duties to attend to
Nemo View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Nemo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2009 at 18:13
I've seen drooping like that in my grows and it's been down to the plants not having enough space or air movement. They've been droopy like that in my (smaller) veg room and perked up no end when they moved into the bigger flowering space to finish their veg. So, I think they are just craving a little space. I don't know why they'd react like that to being too cramped but I've found lack of space causes all kind of minor but aesthetically displeasing problems like that.

Also, it looks like the worst affected plant is the one on the right in the pics, which looks like it is the one that is getting lest breeze from your circulation fan. Maybe try repositioning it (or getting an additional fan) to even up the air flow a bit and get more movement around the plant on the right.
Sensi's collection of Indoor Cannabis Seeds

No Turn Unstoned
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote chatterz420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2009 at 21:14
thanks nemo, youve reasured me some..

unfortunately the hairs on top of one of my plants was burnt by the lamp, so i had to make more room by cutting out the drawer of my cupboard.

ive stopped using Canna Veg nutes since ive gone into flowering, and since then ive noticed yellowing especially on the newly formed leaves.

any ideas u guys?

also im going away to norway skiing on saturday till tuesday do you think it'll be safe to leave my dad with a watering can?
otha duties to attend to
carebear View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote carebear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2009 at 22:31
when plants have a nute deficency, its usually the bottom of the plants that are affected, and when plants have excessive nutes / nute burn its usually the top of the plants that are affected

i think you have used to much of your flowering nutes, how much did you use?

%3c3ceed%3c20leaf

bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2009 at 01:06

could do with a picture of the whole plant, and a few close ups of some of the yellow leaves. at a first guess i would say it could be a manganese (Mn)  or sulfur (S) deficiancy , how long has it been like it? and where did it appear 1st?

whats the npk of the bloom nute your using? and how much you feeding? and are you using any other nutes?

BM %3ceed%20leaf

I grow weed for my own use and feel no guilt over it.If you want to arrest me,fine,thats your job.My aim is to put real criminals out of business by refusing to pay into the illegal distribution scene
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2009 at 02:15
That's one sativa leaning skunk#1. Never had a skunk#1 have really thin leafs like that, they are allways quite fat. Apart from ukcheese, but even those aren't that thin. Should be a good smoke, nice hazy pheno. Which is probably why it's more sensitive to the enviroment.

You are growing in soil aren't you? I looked back but it didn't say in your first post. If you are growing in soil, do you know the ph of the soil and your tap water? If you have really bad tap water and aren't phing it that might explain it. If you've been feeding the plant then it shouldn't have an deficiency, but if the ph pf the soil is too high it could cause nutes to be locked out even when present.

What exactly are you feeding it? Canna flores not the bio-cann flores? Not sure how they work and if you use both grow and bloom, or just bloom with canna, used to biobizz. A guide to what you're feeding would be good.

This is where an EC stick would be great, as you could tell us exactly how strong the feed water you were giving is, and checking the ph of your tap water might be handy. Don't know what it's like up there in thge midlands, down in south wales it's not too bad, (bless the brecon beacons) and is pretty neutral once nutes are added, but if yours is particulary high and you've been feeding it for a while, the ph might have started to slowly rise. You can get cheap soil test kits, and little rods you stick in the damp soil to tell you the ph of it. Can buy them at b&q and they aren't expensive.
Green-Thumb Growing
bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2009 at 00:43
thats a good point solid made about knowing the ph of your feed water and soil, sulfur deficiancies are more common if ph is to high.

BM %3ceed%20leaf
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote chatterz420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2009 at 17:35
firstly thankyou for all of your replies!

the NPK ratio is 2-2-4

it was like that for about a week before i posted the problem

i was using 3ml of that every litre

plus 1ml of grow.

im not using grow anymore.

bought some vitallink buddy today, added 0.5ml to every litre

Solid- i went and bought a PH indicator today, bang on 7..

i am growing in soil btw

the nutrients are Canna flores not Bio-canna..

the person at Growell said it could be due to nitrogen, but theres no point trying to adjust the nutrients now, as i will be starting flush soon.

anyways theses are the latest photos taken today

& now the tips of the leaves are a pale yellow?!
i really dont know when to start flush, i put them into flower on the 6th of feb.

eta is around the 20th, im a complete nub but is it when the white hairs start to turn slightly orange?

you guys have been proper helpfull btw, thankss

otha duties to attend to
bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2009 at 18:55

is that the ph of the soil or water? either way it is slightly high, should aim to keep it between 6.3-6.8.

tell the person at growell that nitrogen deficiancies start on the lower leaves, you should get some alg a mic or something similar, the vitalink might be ok, i dont know anything about it.
as for your girls, i would say that you have a good 3-4 weeks left to go, you need to wait until 70-80% of the total hairs have gone brown/orange.

BM %3ceed%20leaf 
c6p0 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote c6p0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2009 at 19:03
At this stage I would be a 5 ml de flores!

c6p0 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote c6p0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2009 at 19:08
does not 5 ml will kill you!
go gradually .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>