Some tips on growing indoors please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Dikkie View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Dikkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some tips on growing indoors please
    Posted: 27 November 2008 at 05:52
Ok, so I am a new member from Belgium,
I want to start growing marihuana indoors for me and 2 of my friends.
I've read alot latelly about growing marihuana but i still have some questions and i hope you guys can help me with that.

First off i've  made some calculations,

Lets say I smoke 3 joints a day, each containing 0.7 gr off weed, i would need 2.1 gr a day to "survive". Thats about 65 grams a month.
So with one plant of about 125 gr i can get stoned for about 2 months.

Now my big question is, how long does it take to completely grow a plant.
From what I read I would say around 22 weeks, is that about right?

So if i want to get stoned the whole year round, i would need a constant flow of at least 3 plants for myself.

But I also have 2 friends that smoke at least as much as i  do, so i would need a total of 9 plants.

I want to grow indoors so I will need lights.

Are two Philips Master SON-T Pia Green Power 600w light bulbs enough for the job?

And will they deliver a lot of heat?

And my last question, I saw a site where they offered Anti-Detection Foils, do they actualy work?

Thanks in advance for answering my Questions!

%3coint
bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2008 at 10:11
forget about the anti detection foils, you will only need that if you have a very large grow op, with over 5000w of light.

i think you are hoping for a bit much to produce enough weed to supply you and 2 of your mates.
for a plant to produce 125g of weed it will need approximatly 1 m2 to itself, you will therefore need a space of approx, 9 m2.
are you sure you smoke that much? 2 1/4 oz a month?

are you growing from seed or clones?
you would normally need about 2-4 weeks of vegging, then 8-10 weeks to flower (depending on strain) then a week or so to dry it.

you need to know the size of the grow space before deciding on what light to use.
for vegging you will need lights giving off blue/white spectrum (6400k), for flowering you will need lights that give of red/orange spectrum (2700k).
you can buy dual spectrum hps lamps that have added blue spec, to the original orange spec. the standard son-t lamp gives off the orange spectrum, but im not sure about the green power ones you describe.
yes they will give off alot of heat, but you can combat that by have an extract fan extracting the heat out of the grow space.

BM %3c3ceed%3c20leaf
I grow weed for my own use and feel no guilt over it.If you want to arrest me,fine,thats your job.My aim is to put real criminals out of business by refusing to pay into the illegal distribution scene
skunkfunk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote skunkfunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2008 at 19:12
Good advise from bartmanuk. Have you also considered growing in a sea of green style ( sog ). I know the number of plants will be significantly larger i.e 20 small clones at about 18 inch's - 24 inch's tall, which will fit in a 4.5 feet sqaured area. Usually you'll get about 20oz's from that kind of rig. Have some cuttings ready for when they finnish and then flower them, keeping it perpeptual and you and your friends will have more than enough.
Just takes a little time to get started. You'll need to veg a female of your choice for about 9 - 10 weeks. Take amount of cuttings. Wait for 10 - 14 days for them to root and green up. Then veg those clones for about 10 day's. Then flower them all in at least 1 gallon containers ( square is best as you can fit them side by side easier, in a little space.
Just some food for thought......worth looking into and trying. Oh you do have to make sure your clones are more or less the same height for max output.
thelynx View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote thelynx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2008 at 22:24
 my best advice is to stick with these guys and they'll pull you through pretty much any kind of mess you run into %3cot%20smoki%3cg
 Post Reply Post Reply