Music to smoke to.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Nebuchadnezzar View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Nebuchadnezzar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Music to smoke to.
    Posted: 11 October 2008 at 03:18
Hello hello my shady friends,
  I wish to death we could all be sitting in the same smoke filled room gazing merrily at one another through pie shaped eyes for I am very excited about this topic. I bring you good tidings of joy mi amigos. OK, dont let me ramble, I get wordy on Durban. So, my topic is...lets talk about your favorite music to get Hiiiigh high on. So right now I am digging on Slightly Stoopid. No, I know what you are thinking, its not a strained(thought what a sweet one that would be). Its a band called Slightly Stoopid and they rock. Check them out on Itunes, or what ever your flavor is. Also, check out Soldiers of Jah Army, Album Get Wiser. Be adivsed, these cats lean to the Christian side, if that turns you off still give them a shot. I really like them. Ok my fellow crime fighters. I am so looking forward to hearing what makes you shake, bob and role while juicin. Take care and be good.
Neba
Alibaba View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Alibaba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2008 at 11:22
I listen to all sorts man but 'Shpongle' are pretty high up the list at the moment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shpongle
lots and lots of pot head pixies riding round in teapot taxis
JackFlacket View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote JackFlacket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2008 at 08:44

heya Neb;

just wanted to thank you for the Slightly Stoopid tip, very good in fact i found their acoustic sound excellent particularily "Collie Man".  Like Glenn Miller said "Smooth music with a little jump to it."

try & find this song "Blackberry Boogie" Tennessee Ernie Ford - good tune for a can. video.

%3cing%20%3cang
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Nebuchadnezzar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2008 at 16:44
Jack,
Easy day brother. The pleasure is all mine. I checked out Tennessee...did I get that right? It was sort of very old 50's music. I thought it was cool but I was expecting a more folk type of tune. Good stuff, it was fun to look it up. If I ever grow to the extend that Brown Dirt does i will use that tune for you in my grot that I would violate operational security by making a grow show or anything %3cmbarrass%3cd. If you dont know about Brown Dirt hit up http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=prohibition+episode+1&search_type=&aq=0&oq=prohibition. It is a really fun show to watch. Should most likely start a new string for this topic. Ok amigo, take it easy and be good.
Neb

Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Nebuchadnezzar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2008 at 17:04
Alibaba,
  Hey amigo, thank you for the Shpongle tip. Very cool bro, I felt like I was levitating through New Delhi on a magic carpet made of disco %3cig%20smile. Be well my friend.
Neb
Rainbows View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Rainbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2008 at 18:15
Dubstep is awesome smoking music. I think it's mostly confined to the UK at the moment... it's kind of a mix of the bass-driven feel of dub reggae and dark drum'n'bass/breakbeat, and most of it has a slooow, heavy, half-tempo feel. It's a really varied genre though, ranges from really gorgeous, chilled tuned to filthy, dirty tracks.

Caspa & Rusko - Rock Bottom - http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=0Lh4ZVE1gRI
Rusko - Jahova - http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=IsQMpJ5lURQ
Ed Solo - Age Of Dub - http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=NT05o-k2WVI
Skream - Rutten - http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=VEmM6vVFrao
Chase & Status - Eastern Jam (Indian Dub) - http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=XRVqgJffLHw
Skream - Nemesis - http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=c03xwivGfmo
Babylon System & Noah D - Examination Of Time - http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=5PQ7_-3NbyU

Give 'em a listen, see what you think.
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Nebuchadnezzar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2008 at 19:34
Rainbow,
  Amigo, thank you, very cool tunes. I must be getting old but I still like classic bands though with instruments that they can hold (ok, you can hold a laptop, you got me). I guess I am just feel more in touch with the music when the human is playing it with his hands and singing real time with his/her mouth. Call me a geezer. Really cool artistic music though, you are forcing me out of my tinny box and i like it.  So Thank You Please very much so amigo. Peace.
Neb%3chumbs%20Up
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Nebuchadnezzar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2008 at 19:36
PS anything with Sitar is cool to. Watch me bust out my Jazz hands to some kick ass Sitar.
Theresagreen View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Theresagreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2008 at 19:53
reggae does it for me....  preferably loud
and hi to everyone.. im new here :-)
*XxChocoTacoxX View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote *XxChocoTacoxX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2008 at 08:46
I'm a fan of hip hop when it comes to smoking. Outkast has got to be my smokin music. "Crumblin Erb" from their first album, "Reset" from Speakerboxx, and "The Train" from Idlewild are all great downtempo songs.

Besides that, I usually like shoegaze just because the floaty ambience makes me feel just that: floaty. Especially when I'm laying in my bed with the "smoke lights" on (a few strings of blue rope lights that line my ceiling).

I'm gonna have to check out some of the music suggested in here. I'm always up for trying something new.
Just call me Choco. :D
--------------------------------
No smoke since 07 Sept. 2008. :(
   159 days [as of 10/02/2009] and counting
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Nebuchadnezzar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2008 at 08:52
Hello Theresagreen, Going to type TG for short if thats ok. Welcome aboard. Im new too so lets be over eager newbies together. I love Reggae! Check out get Soldiers of Jah Army at:
Take it easy brother, be good.
Neb
Theresagreen View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Theresagreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2008 at 10:41
%3ceed%20leafak- tess, thanks

gregory isaacs does it for me more %3crea%3cy  seen him in club paradiso in amsterdam in april... what a perfect place to rave in %3coving%20it 

blackmore View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote blackmore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 21:39
jeff beck does it for me.

i dont like all that dance rave hiphop music. especially when stoned. gives me a bad high.

munzy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote munzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2008 at 23:48

If you like reggae check linton kwesi johnson "sonnys letter"  dread  beat and blood is pretty heavy on the lyrics but its got some fat bass lines

Bubba P View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Bubba P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2009 at 18:08

Reggae is always nice. Bob to Midnite.

What gets me a noodlin are The Grateful Dead or The Grey Boy All stars. I do hold a few shakes and rolls for Phish.
       " The kids they dance and shake there bones"
"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, Smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye can see." ~Thomas Jefferson 1781~
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>