Urgent advice needed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
-murf1981- View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote -murf1981- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Urgent advice needed
    Posted: 30 September 2008 at 22:36
Hi all,

need your advice.  I have a been growing my first crop ever.  The plants (early pearl) have survived growing outdoor and they have started to bud, but the buds look like tiny flowers( not much bigger than seeds) with wee dangling hairs coming out of them.  I thought they were ready, and pulled off a few wee buds, dryed them out and then fired them up.  They had no effect what so ever.  I know they are females so how do finish my babies off. Any tips would be most welcome.

Cheers 
bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2008 at 23:56
just give them time man.
they will start to fatten up and swell into the buds you are waiting for %3c3co%3c20high once swollen into big beutiful buds, the white hairs will start turning brown, when you have 75% brown hairs, she is ready.

BM %3c3ceed%3c20leaf 
I grow weed for my own use and feel no guilt over it.If you want to arrest me,fine,thats your job.My aim is to put real criminals out of business by refusing to pay into the illegal distribution scene
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2008 at 00:20
You used the scottish term "wee". Are you from Scotland, and growing outside?

If you are, then i'm guessing the reason your buds aren't that big, is because there isn't much sun, to give the plant the energy to produce them. Plus the cold will slow them down too.

How long have the been outdoors flowering? Early Pearl should flower quite quick, so it could just be that as this is your first ever grow, and you are growing outdoors, maybe even in Scotland? That the buds are not up to much.

This is nothing to worry about. A bummer aye, but its what happens. Even indoors. My first ever crop was growjn indoors, so no bad weather to deal with. And the bud was awful. Didn't have any effect to speak off, and tasted like shite. But as you keep growing, even by the 3rd grow, the buds are much much better.

I'd suggest growing indoors if you possibly can. Especially if you are in a cold place up north. As you only get one shot with the outdoor season, whereas, you could of pulled another 2 or 3 crops by the time next outdoor season comes round, and have your skills honed, and ready for action. LOL.

Good luck man. A pic would be good also.
Green-Thumb Growing
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2008 at 09:34
Tiny flowers (with white or pale yellow petals?), about the size of seeds, with things dangling from them...

Sounds like this could be a male. Got any pictures?
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2008 at 13:08

as ganja said, pictures would be good, i thought you said hairs, but you may well be confused if this is your 1st grow.

BM %3ceed%20leaf

I grow weed for my own use and feel no guilt over it.If you want to arrest me,fine,thats your job.My aim is to put real criminals out of business by refusing to pay into the illegal distribution scene
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2008 at 15:01
The 'hairs' bit sounded fine, but it's hard to imagine pistils dangling or hanging. That's very much a feature of male plants -  the pods and staminate flowers hang from tiny stalks and the pollen-releasing anthers dangle from the centre of the petals. Cannabis is an air-pollinator and this form allows pollen to be released to the wind more easily.

Pistils generally reach for the sky, to catch the airborne pollen.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
 Post Reply Post Reply