Smoking in The Dam

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Highasa View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Highasa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Smoking in The Dam
    Posted: 02 September 2008 at 23:27
Hi Guys,

I read one post from a couple of months ago aboutthe tobacco ban and the affect it ishaving, however I haven't heard much lately.

Has anyone been in the last couple of weeks? I am thinking of a trip mid september, just for one night in the hope of getting absolutely battered as it has been a while and I am on a no smoke until harvest....well a no smoke in the UK that is.....instigated by the crap weed that is about!!

If you have been recently what did you smoke?

...and if you are going soon what are you planning to smoke?
Spexuz View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Spexuz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2008 at 11:18
Well I was there last month and there were no tobacco ban.

For the smoke I would recommend Afghan Kush as a good indica. I enjoyed the Silverhaze aswell. While you are there, try to taste as many strains as you can because who knows when you will be there again ;)

Have fun, peace.
I don't see countries nor nationalities, I see people. Why don't you try it?
eternal pothead View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote eternal pothead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2008 at 20:05
i went there for my birthday last year with the wife and i thought i was a hardened smoker until i got into a coffee shop an said whats the strongest you got. tryin to look cool. i dont know what it was but by the time i got to the roach i looked at my wife an she just started laughing at me we had never been so mashed we had the best weekend ever an only saw one windmill%20...%20Shift+R%20improves%20the%20quality%20of%20this%20image.%20CTRL+F5%20reloads%20the%20whole%20page.
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2008 at 03:59
I've been told that in general, unless in select coffeeshops (im sure Ganja would know which ones are trustworthy), to smoke hash in the dam, not bud.

Reason being is alot/most(?) of the coffeeshops tumble their bud for resin, then sell it anyway. So all the good stuff is mainly in the hash.

Of course, you average joe schmo, who buys soggy £10 bags in the UK, will think the bud is fantastic. But homegrowers will not notice anything special about DAM bud.

This obviously doesnt happen everywhere, but it is hapoening. And with it being so hard to open new coffeeshops, these guys are having a monopoly of sorts on the tourists, Unless you know where to go.

I think a cafe called bluebird(s) or something was supposed to be a good one.

What coffeeshop would you go to Ganja if you had too? Now that Sensismile is gone.
Green-Thumb Growing
Highasa View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote Highasa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2008 at 18:34
that's interestin solid, someone said something about tumbling yesterday to me I'd not heard of it before, but then I remember getting some awesome Kali Mist crystals from the Grey Area a number of years ago, so they must have come from something that went on to be for sale I guess.

last time I was there was in Feb this year and tried stacks of different weeds, I had them written down somewher ...but you know... Martian Mean Green was good again Grey Area, there was some monster haze in the greenhouse that i enjoyed, I wasn't that impressed with the G13 haze in Barneys as you say very much something that see here if your lucky!

It is probably worth taking a pocket microscope to really check out the weeds  on offer, I have heard of this being done and then all of a sudden a 'special box' gets pulled out from under the counter.... i may try that whenever i do go...

...oh yeah my trip has been kyboshed by the wife on the basis that I will have plenty soon enough....errrrgggghhhhh...., roll on harvest!

cheers
 Post Reply Post Reply