7 out of 8 are males!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pelich View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote pelich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 7 out of 8 are males!?
    Posted: 18 August 2008 at 20:56
Hello all,
So i have ordered Outdoor mix from sensiseeds.com (25 seeds) Since its been really hot last few weeks in poland they started flowering.(I also did the 12/12 ) I just got rid of the 7th plant since it turn out to be a male.(those little nasty balls were all over the place)Plant nr.8 is a female.I kept them separately.Is it my bad luck or that mix I ordred is just as "good" as its prize???
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2008 at 21:11
Seems like bad luck. You should be getting more fems than that. Betterluck next time dude.
pelich View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote pelich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2008 at 21:16
I had 4 more plants but they were destroyed by some cat or some nasty bird when still seedlings.I guess I will go tochurch this sunday and give some cash in order to have more luck next year.Cool
pelich View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote pelich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2008 at 21:45

I am 50° 6' 0" N in poland.I s there any way I could grow any feminised strains outdoor.That would solve my problem .

Signum View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Signum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2008 at 22:49
well I don't know if and if so in what way your location determines the sex of your plants, but last time i growed some ordinary seeds from someones pregnant lady plant i had 7/8 females(in the netherlands( bout 52° )), like solidopc says: bad luck....and a lots of luck next time,

If you really hate males, start growing indoor with a lamp and take cuttings and perhaps take those outside for the poland sun...
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2008 at 10:57
That's roughly the same latitude as Holland (a little further south, even), so while feminised seeds are not officially recommended in this location, you could get away with trying some feminised Skunk #1 or Super Skunk.

Both of these are available in feminised form from WL, but I'd go for the Sensi Seeds versions while they're available.

The other option would be to start a regular packet of seeds indoors very early in the year using fluorescent lights (about three to six 120cm tubes would be good) on a cycle of 18hrs light, 6hrs dark.

Using lights, seeds could be germinated as early as January. this gives them plenty of time to gain height before putting them outside.

For sexing, you could either take a couple of clones of each seed plant (numbering everything, so it's clear which clone came from which plant) and put them into a 12/12 cycle under one or two fluoro tunes. Keep this up for 2-3 weeks and you'll have a reliable record of which seed plants are male and which are female.

If you don't have space for a second light cycle, you could cover a lower branch of each seed plant so that branch gets 12 hrs light and 12hrs dark per day for two weeks. The gender of the plant will show on the covered branch.

Lastly, you could simply change the light cycle of the seed plants from 18/6 to 12/12 about 3 weeks before plants are due to go outside. This will cause each plant to indicate its sex very clearly.

There's a small chance that some plants forced to flower in this way will continue to flower through the spring.

There is also a smaller chance that changing the light cycle three times in a short time will cause stress or hermaphrodism.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
pelich View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote pelich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2008 at 14:26
Thx Ganja,
Next season I would def. go with feminised seed.Great info,thank you very much.
pelich View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote pelich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2008 at 20:44
Also I would like to find out little more about that "clone" thing.What is it???Ganja mentioned something about numbering seeds... Could someone explain it to mee.
Thank you in advance.
bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2008 at 20:54

clones are cuttings mate, take cuttings from the seed plants, get them rooted up and you have an exact replica of the plant it was cut from. numbering them up just makes it easier to tell what cuts come from what plants.

BM weed%20leaf

I grow weed for my own use and feel no guilt over it.If you want to arrest me,fine,thats your job.My aim is to put real criminals out of business by refusing to pay into the illegal distribution scene
pelich View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote pelich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2008 at 20:58
I cut it when its a girl and its flowering???How do I cut it?? In which part of a plant??
Sorry for all those stupid questions .And thank you again.
bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2008 at 21:46
http://forum.sensiseeds.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3550 

have a look here man.

BM weed%20leaf
I grow weed for my own use and feel no guilt over it.If you want to arrest me,fine,thats your job.My aim is to put real criminals out of business by refusing to pay into the illegal distribution scene
pelich View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote pelich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2008 at 13:33
Can somebody please chek out this video??

Is this the right way to do the cuttings??

thx
bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2008 at 13:59

yeh thats pretty much it mate, although ive never found the need to strip any skin off the bottom of the cutting.

BM weed%20leaf

pelich View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote pelich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2008 at 11:56
Since this the only female plant I have, was wondering if for the last weeks of flowering I can finish her off under HPS.Dont know what strain that is.Seed comes out of Outdoor mix pack.Plant isnt big ,was planted first eweek of june and is about 85 cm.Its nice and bushy though.
bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2008 at 13:09
Originally posted by pelich

Since this the only female plant I have, was wondering if for the last weeks of flowering I can finish her off under HPS.Dont know what strain that is.Seed comes out of Outdoor mix pack.Plant isnt big ,was planted first eweek of june and is about 85 cm.Its nice and bushy though.

you most certainly can mate, finishing off indoors is always a top idea if your living in parts of the world where the weather doesnt last long enough to get a proper finish.

BM weed%20leaf
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>