spider mites - just before harvest

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: spider mites - just before harvest
    Posted: 12 July 2008 at 17:27
hey derv, the vacuum cleaner method is a repeat procedure method, you will need to do this everyday until harvest mate.

BM weed%20leaf
I grow weed for my own use and feel no guilt over it.If you want to arrest me,fine,thats your job.My aim is to put real criminals out of business by refusing to pay into the illegal distribution scene
Derv View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Derv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2008 at 15:56
thanks for the quick response ganja.. I tried the vacuum cleaner but I think i screwed it up heh.. some of the leaves got ripped during the procedure.. now my plant has few fan leaves less hahah (im laughin but crying really)

how bout I apply the neem oil under the leaves with a brush without touching the buds? would that be any help? cuz i can still see mites even after the vacuum.
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2008 at 14:53
Don't use any oils or pesticides if you're this close to harvest.

Misting or gentle spraying with water will wash some mites and webs off and make lif tougher for the rest.

A carefully used vacuum cleaner is probably the best option for removing mites at this stage. Cup each bud in your hand and apply the nozzle of the vacuum to the circle made by thumb and forefinger. This will stop the bud from being sucked into the tube. The air moving through your hand and over the bud will remove a large proportion of the mites, eggs and webs.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Derv View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Derv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2008 at 14:42
Im bout a week-10 days from harvest, and due to my neglicence my plant is full of spidermites.. I'm growing in my balcony btw.

is there anything i can do to salvage the situation?? I have some neem oil but I'm not sure if I should use it this close to harvest..

please help

thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply