Join the Cult!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ashleycameron View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ashleycameron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Join the Cult!
    Posted: 02 July 2008 at 00:45
I've been on this crap for nearly 5 yrs,down to 30 ml from 90 had to go up again cos i just can't function properly to 40ml i find it so hard to reduce in the winter so bloody cold and horrible and ropey if i try,borderline suicidal.
This is some fecked up repugnant shit,wished i'd gone cold turkey,it would of taken a week max.
You know part of me would love to die in my sleep,a luxury few people are afforded.
Im just white knuckling it at the moment.
Don't really know or care if people are reading this crap im typing,it's just a record,hopefully i'll look back on this next yr and laugh at myself.
I certainly don't feel like laughing now.

P.S. Did people know this shit was invented by the Nazis in the 1930's it was originally called Adolphine?

PPS - Did people know that the piece of misinformation directly above is spread by Scientologists?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methadone

PPPS - Did people know that the Scientologists have very odd views about drug rehab and psychiatric medication?

I am made of spam, and my parents disowned me.
tabascochontal View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote tabascochontal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2008 at 01:38
I think you should go to Disneyland
They will provide all the help for you...
I am a spam-troll
haudenosaunee View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote haudenosaunee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2008 at 02:19
I think there is no need of going to Disneyland... internet predator

No, it's not an act, I really AM that thick.
zenith15 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote zenith15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2008 at 14:52
Originally posted by ashleycameron

P.S. Did people know this shit was invented by the Nazis in the 1930's it was originally called Adolphine?

It is untrue that it was called "Adolphine" or that it was named after Hitler--this is a longstanding myth.  The drug's brand name is "Dolophine", from the words "Dolor", meaning "pain" and "Fin" meaning "end".

Most people who get on methadone do so precisely because they cannot get through a detox from opiates without relapsing--if they could have done so, they would have. Methadone treatment is a serious commitment--something that is not always made clear to the patient. It is recommended that the patient remain on treatment for at least 2-3 years to allow for stabilization of the brain chemistry and of their life situation.  One good thing about methadone is that it does not attach to all the opiate receptors in the brain at the same time, leaving some open to encourage natural endorphin production (the brain's natural opiates), unlike most other opiates.

When a taper is begun, the patient should taper no faster than 10% of their current dose every 2-4 weeks, and must taper all the way down to 1mg. This is where many patients mess up, jump off or taper too fast, and get sick, and then blame the methadone.  Done correctly, there is no need for  suffering, but it does require patience.
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2008 at 10:18
Thanks for providing a sensible answer, even though the questioner and the first two respondents are the same idiot troll.

Welcome to the forum!

Is your name anything to do with Grant Morrison's Zenith?
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2008 at 12:13
Interesting stuff there. A few old school friends are sadly on methadone. They allways talk of how much worse they think it is to heroin.

They would rather be prescribed the latter, ad they say it is not as harsh withdrawels, that go quicker.

I'm a bit sceptical, and think they would just prefer the buzz. As methodone doesn't give a buzz i dont think?

I will pass this info on when i bump into one of them. Though i dont thhnk tgey'll take note. They dont seem commited to being clean, and allways seem to be doing the samething everytime i see them. Never getting better, just static or worse.
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2008 at 12:26
Morphine, more potent and addictive than opium, was once prescribed as a solution to opium addiction.

Heroin, more potent and addictive than morphine, was once prescribed as a solution to morphine addiction.

Methadone, more potent and addictive than heroin, is now prescribed as a solution to heroin addiction.

I think the 'advantage' of methadone is that most of its users don't enjoy it much (even when thoroughly addicted), so an uncontrolled black market in methadone is less likely than heroin, while the  highly addictive nature of methadone and the relative ease with which it can be obtained  has (on paper, at least) the possibility of keeping addicts on the government-regulated dope.

It should be noted than methadone most certainly is stolen and traded illegally between addicts,  but there are no criminal syndicates manufacturing, importing or distributing it, AFAIK. No jokes about big pharma, please.

It definitely has a buzz, though many heroin users report as being more numbing and stupefying than 'traditional' opiates (which is quite a claim!).
Heroin users sometimes refer to their ex-brethren who are now On The Program as 'done clones or 'done drones.

Hard to be sniffy and holier-than-though about being a 'better class of junkie', but there you go...
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2008 at 12:40
Haha yes. "Oh god, did you here about mr.smith going onto methadone? *wraps belt around arm and readies needle* What a dirty junkie he is! I hope that never happens to us."

zenith15 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote zenith15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2008 at 15:09
Hi again

My username is actually my puppydog's name--nothing deep or meaningful, unfortunately!

About methadone again--I am a methadone patient of 4 years, as well as being a certified methadone patient advocate, with a pretty decent knowledge of the medication and how it works.

I was addicted to Rx opiates for over twenty years--went through 13 abstinence based rehabs without any lasting success--and finally found methadone treatment, no thanks to any counselor or doctor who ever treated me (I was told about it by another addict).  It has truly been a lifesaver for me. 

I know a lot of people say it  is "more addictive" than other opiates, but usually all they mean by that is that it takes longer to safely withdraw from, which IS true. However, addictiveness really means how reinforcing the use of a certian drug is--how potent a rush you get from it, how intensely it makes you want to use it again right away, etc. In that dept, methadone is a real dud. Because it crosses the blood-brain barrier very slowly, there is no "rush" associated with it's use and not much of a high either--more of a sedated feeling, for new users, and nothing at all for stable patients who are not mixing it with other drugs.

For long term opiate users, the brain chemistry gets disordered, shutting down the brain's production of endorphins (natural opiates). After a period of abstinence ranging from a few weeks to a year, the brain will usually start producing them again. However, for some long term users, or for people who had a natural deficiency of endorphins before they even started using, the brain chemistry disorder may be permanent.  This leaves the person feeling severely depressed, anhedonic (unable to feel pleasure or happiness), anxious, exhausted and beset with cravings 24-7.  This does not go away, no matter how hard they try, how many group meetings they attend, etc--it is a biophysical disorder. It is comparable to a diabetic whose pancreas no longer produces insulin--they require supplemental insulin from the outside to stablize their body chemistry. These patients no longer have a functioning internal endorphin system and need supplemental opiates from the outside to stablize the brain chemistry.

Methadone is a good choice for this, because unlike short acting opiates it does not cause the sharp, short ups and downs or the potent highs. A person can take it and function normally--drive, work, care for family, etc without impairment. They are not just switching addictions, as is popularly thought. Addiction involves a set of behaviors not normally present in a stablized methadone patient. They are dependent physically, yes, but not addicted.  Many patients will need to remain on methadone long term--even life long--due to the permanent damage of the brain chemistry. However, for others, it can be a temporary thing. One unusual fact about methadone is that it does not attach to ALL the opiate receptors like most opiates, leaving some open (about 30%) to encourage the production of natural opiates (endorphins) if the brain is able, therefore meaning that the brain can actually begin healing while still ON methadone.

Yes, people do abuse methadone, although in general this has been a recent phenomenon, in the wake of it being more readily available as it has been more prescribed for pain, due to the Oxycontin scandals.  It is mostly young people without serious addiction histories, thinking it will be "fun" to try, etc and not realizing how it can build up in the body tissues, or how small an amount can cause an overdose in one who has no tolerance.  In the past, it's diversion was minimal and mostly to other heroin addicts who were dopesick but could not get their usualy drug, or who wanted off heroin but could not get on the clinic for whatever reason. They had a high tolerance and were not usualy harmed by this.  Methadone was never popular as a drug of abuse because of the low euphoria potential.  In fact, many of today's methadone overdoses come from people taking more and more hoping for a high and not getting one, ending up dead instead.  The vast majority of methadone overdoses come not from the clinics, but from pain management and the diversion/theft from these patients.

Well, enough out of me. Methadone has been great for me, but it is surely not the answer for everyone. It just drives me nuts to hear these old myths trotted out, like that it was named for Hitler, etc.Unhappy
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2008 at 18:49
Thank you for the info about methadone's relatively slow speed in crossing the blood-brain barrier. That explains (my limited understanding of) its effects very well indeed.
holistic View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote holistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2008 at 20:23
yh best of luck in getting and staying "clean" we had a family member die from heroin overdose such a waste of life.
Check out Sensi Indoor Mix in Holistic's photo gallery!

Better to live one day on your feet than spend a lifetime on your knees.
jasmine1940 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote jasmine1940 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2008 at 09:02
yae we will go , actually we have plan to go Disneyland. Anyway could you please tell me who will help us. Kindly let me know as soon as possilble

Jasmine

Twit  
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2008 at 11:13
help you go to disneyland? don't you have another operating thetan level to be striving towards? Or is posting bull dust on and internet forum part part of earning your next badge?
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
 Post Reply Post Reply